Stormblood Early Access - The Revolution Will Not Be Organised

My levelling partner and I finally got to the first dungeon last night... upon which, before we can even begin to get a group, their internet connection (local side) promptly cuts out. Awful luck, and the queue to get back in is 4k still, so we settle in to watch something while it completes...

...and then about an hour later my internet (also local side) cuts out too.

:I

We wasted about four hours last night just waiting on login queue.

So we stayed up four hours late in recompense.

We stopped when we got to the part of the MSQ that starts to upset my phobia. Hopefully taking that slow and making judicious use of the follow target and 2-person mount functions will make it not too bad to complete...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fffffffffffff.

Tried to do a leveling roulette to finish off level 60. 90k. Queued two hours to get back in. Did a couple fates, got to 61, continued MSQ, attempted to start solo duty as a part of quest. 90k. Back in the queue now, likely another 2 hours.

All in all, it will've been 4 hours of queue for 30 minutes of gameplay.

I'm seriously considering just doing something else for a couple weeks. This is total garbage.

I got DCed about 8pm East time (1am for me) and was welcomed back with a queue over 3.5k.. so I went to bed. It is 5:30 later and the queue is 500.. going down slowly.

I think SE are missing a trick, with these long queues they should put in free offers to try their other games or adverts or lore snipits to keep you engaged.

Another thing they could do is move some of the online stuff to outside the game access, like retainers, FC chat etc.. WoW did something similar.

Got loaded in today, and went about trying to get the aethercurrents in Gyr once I finish lv 50 RDM solo trail.  90k twice as I was doing it.  Went to try and load in again and had the same issue as a couple of days go where I got the lobby error (2002 code) while waiting to connect with the datacenter.  Not even going to try it tonight, since not only do I close my store tonight but anything higher then 600 queue has had me getting the 2002 error.

left during 2.1, came back for early access and powered samurai to 60 through heavensward msq, df and challenge log. couldn't figure out potd so ignored it

playing during SEA hours = no login queues, even on balmung. full ilvl255 hq is a ridiculous power jump at lv60. still have bismarck + rest of hw msq / 3.1+ story left to do, will probably be 63ish before ever even setting foot in stormblood

everything is lovely forever

Even after going out of Early Access there's apparently problems.

I know because I'm stuck on one as Chachan. One of the MSQ missions in the Ruby Sea doesn't start properly and so you can't continue. Like, it fails to start and then clicking on the NPC to try again does nothing.

So yeah, watch out when you hit Confederate Consternation. Moving zones and coming back doesn't help, about to try doing an instance to see if that helps. Heard the only way to fix it is relogging and I'm not trying that queue without reassurance.

Wish me luck.

EDIT: Nope. Did a guildhest and came back out. Still can't activate it. So, um... yeah. Stonewalled again until either it gets fixed or I risk relogging to try and see if that works. Will let you guys know if I end up doing that and if it works or not.

Good luck, Chachan.  Wish I had more luck myself.  Still getting 2002 error code while waiting in Queue that is 1k or more long and having it happen after 20 minutes from start of queue.  I've done everything that I can think of to try and bypass it but from what I've been told in discord chat, DDOS attacks are still going on so it's nothing on my side of the client or even SE either.

*sigh* I'm going to be so far behind when this mess is finally clear up.

#neverforgetti

Idk who made this but bless you.

That's Denmo, aka Mr. Face! He actually has a lot of fun videos on his channel. Some of which I think were shot on Balmung!

For good or bad i did around a whole 24hrs of spaming that quest before Gilgamesh fell over and we got through.

So I pick one of the new servers on Aether (bonus exp and all that) and it was fine...until I got Fetal DirectX error.  Not sure what is going on with the game now and why I'm getting it.  Am I going to have to uninstall and reinstall it because to the DirectX error?

I know because I'm stuck on one as Chachan. One of the MSQ missions in the Ruby Sea doesn't start properly and so you can't continue. Like, it fails to start and then clicking on the NPC to try again does nothing.

So yeah, watch out when you hit Confederate Consternation. Moving zones and coming back doesn't help, about to try doing an instance to see if that helps. Heard the only way to fix it is relogging and I'm not trying that queue without reassurance.

Wish me luck.

EDIT: Nope. Did a guildhest and came back out. Still can't activate it. So, um... yeah. Stonewalled again until either it gets fixed or I risk relogging to try and see if that works. Will let you guys know if I end up doing that and if it works or not.

I never did get back to you guys about this, since I did some RP and then was stuck behind the queue until about midnight. Relogging DID fix that issue - quest was in my log and I was able to continue as normal. I'd hope it was fixed or patched or something since then (or will be shortly), but if it hasn't and you hit the same problem... your options are basically go do other stuff or relog. :(

Wish me luck.

I never did get back to you guys about this, since I did some RP and then was stuck behind the queue until about midnight. Relogging DID fix that issue - quest was in my log and I was able to continue as normal. I'd hope it was fixed or patched or something since then (or will be shortly), but if it hasn't and you hit the same problem... your options are basically go do other stuff or relog. :(

I ran into this same problem. Someone mentioned that when they logged out and logged back in it fixed it for them, but I didn't feel like waiting through the queue last night to find out

It happened to me as I was leveling my alt to 70 as well. Relogging fixed it, but I also had to wait in a queue for two and a half hours. Fun times.

They did eventually restart the Ruby Sea, so I think by now maybe it's fixed?

I had two bugs strike: 

The first was an abrupt cutoff of sound from the game, though other sources from my PC still worked when I tested them. Restarting the game solved that.

The second was a sidequest originating from the southwest settlement on the Steppes, which requires the player to go to a specified area and defeat a diremite. However, upon reaching the area indicated on the map, there's no purple encounter area to be found. The area does exist, though. There's an upright ridge of rock sticking out of the sand, in the middle of the map indicated area - hug the north side of that and move back and forth slowly along it, and you'll trigger the diremite to spawn.