Simultaneous Logout Measures

AquiziTC

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit that saying a person was pathetic for doing it was probably a bit harsh and could of been worded a little better. So for that I apologize.

But my view of it still pretty much remains the same. Frowned upon, though in complete honesty I could maybe see why someone would do this, but it's just not for me.

I'm low key worried that because I work later than the general work day in the US that I will be greeted by the same multithousand queue we've always had because everyone else will already be logged back in.

I'm a dirty queue dodger and I won't even try and hide it. I work full time and run my own side business. I'm not waiting for three to four hours in a queue after a full day of work so I can log in and then immediately log out and go to bed.

I took advantage of the AFK exploits. Not even going to sugarcoat it. It's either that or fall asleep waiting for 3-4 hours to log in only to immediately log out after an hour for bed. 

So I'm pretty worried now that I actually won't get to play much at all for the next month or so until SE gets their shite together. I really don't see this forced logout thing helping at all since everyone is just going to be spamming the login button and then AFKing for the rest of the evening during prime time. It isn't going to change a thing.

Also, punishing the other servers for the mistakes the high pop servers are making. LOL. SE's method of dealing with server issues is to hack off the damaged limb with no anesthesia and put a Minion bandaid from the dollar store on the stump.

TFW you just nap during your Que and normally when you awaken you're up to log in.

Jesus I feel like I'm taking my luck for granted now

ngl I've taken naps and had Faye call/text me when she sees me log in. :|

I play XIV on the big tv in the living room (like a fucking hoarder cause I bought it O.o) and sleep on the couch lol my roomates smack me upside the head when I pop in game.

Though wish I got a simple text like you get though... Not getting hit upside the head:cry:

I have mixed feelings about the logout measures. I have those in my FC who haven't been able to play the game because due to the queue because they don't get home or have free time until around primetime. So when they see they have to wait an hour or more to log in? They just go and do something else. Some FC leaders I know have a horrid internet connection so they've gone over to Mateus instead because it's been the only way they're able to play the game.

Personally? I don't mind the wait. I watch Netflix or do housework or play another game on my second monitor. 

To point out a positive side of all of this: at least now those who rarely get to play the game due to the queue might actually get a chance if the logout can boot those who have fallen asleep or gone to work while logged in. Just means fewer people trying to come back.

I do think the fact that we're essentially at normal Balmung queues, when yesterday at this exact same time of day we already had 2-hour queues, is kind of significant.

Like, even if it turns out that all we can do is knock 2 hours off the estimated queue time at any given moment, that still takes it down from "all of my play time" to "half my play time". Changes from unplayable to inconvenient. Which is not nothing, at the very least.

I've always wondered if SE could time how long someone could talk to a retainer at any given point.

Because seriously... WHO looks at their retainer for more than 15 minutes at one time? An hour (reaching with this) at the most?

And it doesn't take 30 minutes to craft a fucking item afaik

So this is a regular thing now "As such, we’ll be instituting a temporary measure that will log all characters out simultaneously across all Worlds on a data center once a day."

Even though it is the worst time for me, slap bang in the middle of my play time, and I expect there will be massive queues to get back in, it will make housing available again.

Thank you SE, it's a half way measure but it is better than nothing.

Yeah you're EU playing on a US server. It sucks but the times they're going to aim for are when the US players aren't busy. I'd expect the same for a EU server dropping during someone else's prime time.

Yes but they bring down all servers at the same time, so EU server go down at 8/9/10pm in the evening. They could at least stagger it by server, or area.

I've always wondered if SE could time how long someone could talk to a retainer at any given point.

Because seriously... WHO looks at their retainer for more than 15 minutes at one time? An hour (reaching with this) at the most?

I spent over an hour reorganizing my retainers today. Literally today. Added two on the mogstation and shuffled a bunch of stuff around between all my inventories.

Also, crafting can be pretty long. You can do up to 99 quick synthesis in a row. ...Now, using a macro to cycle keystrokes is technically considered "botting" and can be reportable if it's being abused. (But I've also done it myself. I set up enough stuff beforehand that would run my in-game crafting rotation/macro so I could walk to the store, buy dinner stuff, and queue up more items to craft. I'd never left it alone for more than maybe 40 minutes though.)

So this is a regular thing now "As such, we’ll be instituting a temporary measure that will log all characters out simultaneously across all Worlds on a data center once a day."

Even though it is the worst time for me, slap bang in the middle of my play time, and I expect there will be massive queues to get back in, it will make housing available again.

Yeah you're EU playing on a US server. It sucks but the times they're going to aim for are when the US players aren't busy. I'd expect the same for a EU server dropping during someone else's prime time.

Yes but they bring down all servers at the same time, so EU server go down at 8/9/10pm in the evening. They could at least stagger it by server, or area.

They didn't do that afaik. They brought down Aether and Primal at 12 PM PDT. I had friends on EU servers who stayed online the entire time. Unfortunately, EU players on a NA server are going to get shafted. THey are not the intended primary userbase of that NA-centric server. Especially when SE runs an EU datacenter.

They didn't do that afaik. They brought down Aether and Primal at 12 PM PDT. I had friends on EU servers who stayed online the entire time. Unfortunately, EU players on a NA server are going to get shafted. THey are not the intended primary userbase of that NA-centric server. Especially when SE runs an EU datacenter.

Pretty much this. Ilu UM. Basically, EU players on Balmung have no room to complain since they're not the intended userbase. If they're here, cool. That's their choice. But ultimately, SE is going to time things based on the NA prime schedule. I'd expect them to do the same for EU databases too.

I honestly don't know if the EU data center went down, but I highly doubt it.

Pretty much this. Ilu UM. Basically, EU players on Balmung have no room to complain since they're not the intended userbase. If they're here, cool. That's their choice. But ultimately, SE is going to time things based on the NA prime schedule. I'd expect them to do the same for EU databases too.

I honestly don't know if the EU data center went down, but I highly doubt it.

Well the notice was for all Data Centers, if they didn't take down EU that's not so bad I can go alt on there. Perhaps they will be doing it at another time of day "As such, we’ll be instituting a temporary measure that will log all characters out simultaneously across all Worlds on a data center once a day."

Came home late from work at about 6:30 EST.

Logged in about 6:45 to 1000 abouts queue.

Got in at 7:10.

Pretty good in my head, considering:

1.  We are on a max pop server

2.  We are still in the early days of an expansion launch

The folks whining about 20-30 minute queues in the other forums need to re-attune to their reality aetherite, imo.

I spent over an hour reorganizing my retainers today. Literally today. Added two on the mogstation and shuffled a bunch of stuff around between all my inventories.

Also, crafting can be pretty long. You can do up to 99 quick synthesis in a row. ...Now, using a macro to cycle keystrokes is technically considered "botting" and can be reportable if it's being abused. (But I've also done it myself. I set up enough stuff beforehand that would run my in-game crafting rotation/macro so I could walk to the store, buy dinner stuff, and queue up more items to craft. I'd never left it alone for more than maybe 40 minutes though.)

That may be true but when you consider you were actually USING your retainer nothing changes. The server can register commands being inputted whether it's a simple item cycle or actually taking something 

I guess I should rewrite my question. WHO just stared at their retainer for hours on end without inputting a single command? The server should be able to pick that up and auto disconnect seeing as how for example in PvP if you do nothing for two minutes straight you get auto booted

The crafting thing still has a cap though unless people are literally buying enough crafting items to get through an entire day of AFKing?