The various mount types

Not sure if this should go here or in the rp discussion.. I didn't see any threads really covering this when i skimmed through this and the other discussion section... so here it goes.

With ixion being a mount, not to mention other rare  or uncommon creatures.. I was curious how some people explain these beasts being used as beasts of burden. I think the topic was touched on in the past or I remember answering a thread asking something similar some time back. I know more simple creatures you could probably look to the beast tribes to obtain or learn how to train said creature they work with. Raise something from a baby stage, etc etc.

I was curious how the more exotic mounts would work. I'm so use to Ixion being a summon and with the very little lore you actually get with the fate and the mount itself.... Just curious over all. ^^

Most of the type, people aren't really with these mounts ic'ly. Specially Ixion.

Most IC mounts are either chocobos, or less silly flashy mounts, but ultimately it's down to the person really, there's no RP Standard regarding mounts besides common sense.

With ixion being a mount, not to mention other rare  or uncommon creatures.. I was curious how some people explain these beasts being used as beasts of burden. I think the topic was touched on in the past or I remember answering a thread asking something similar some time back.

I think this might be the post you're recalling?

As far as Ixion goes... using the classifications I used in the post above, I'd sort Ixion under the "WoL exclusive" category.

Ask any Gyr Abanian youth' date=' and she will tell you the story of Ixion, Rhalgr's magnificent steed─swift as a levinbolt and strong as thunderclap. However, the recent discovery of several ancient Mhachi texts suggests that the creature may simply be a stallion augmented by ancient technologies that have granted Ixion life eternal...and the ability to shoot lightning from its eyes.[/quote']

It is said on a mighty levinbolt doth the warsteed Ixion ride─thunder' date=' the rumbling of his hooves as they pound the very heavens. Ware the coming storm, for hell descendeth.[/quote']

A fragment of Ixion's horn. The raw energy coursing through it renders the item nigh impossible to grasp overlong.

It's great when people RP their mounts. I enjoy hearing their IC explanations about where they got them from. Double points if they RP the mounts themselves as sentient and speaking. I wouldn't buy that they're riding around on Midgardsormr himself, but a different dragon they met, befriended, and formed a pact with during HW? Sure, that's pretty rad. Like weapons and armor, mounts are one of those things ingame that literally exist right in front of people's eyes - only a dolt would deny them. Or at best, claim they were a very fancily glamoured chocobo.

It's great when people RP their mounts. I enjoy hearing their IC explanations about where they got them from. Double points if they RP the mounts themselves as sentient and speaking. I wouldn't buy that they're riding around on Midgardsormr himself, but a different dragon they met, befriended, and formed a pact with during HW? Sure, that's pretty rad. Like weapons and armor, mounts are one of those things ingame that literally exist right in front of people's eyes - only a dolt would deny them. Or at best, claim they were a very fancily glamoured chocobo.

This is why I made the thread haha. I know I normally rp out my choco Zeek whenever I can because people seem to love the poor derpy guy.. But I wasn't sure how people tackled the more exotic mounts like Ixion or a Zu. I had toyed at the idea of raising a baby zu and somehow braving the idea of trying to ride it as it grew and was trained.

I like to keep a open mind about all aspects of the game. Rare sure.. but if someone can explain things or what not I'm all for it. Heck .. that's even if it's brought up as to why they are riding or have such and such creature near them.