Changes in Preferred/Congested worlds.

Skae

Bleh, I knew this was coming at some point. And yet I only got my Mateus character to around 34-ish and then got caught up in leveling my Balmung characters.

Really, I think the big "sticking point" for this is whether or not people who joined/created on the servers when they WERE still preferred will get the +XP bonus until they get a job to 50... or if they've basically had that bonus revoked now. I would assume the latter, which is a pity mostly because I had hoped to eventually circle back around and level the guy once all the "new stuff" feel settled down for me... but now it's a bit too late. :blush:

Ah well, will have to see. And I'm sure I can slog the guy up some more levels at some point, maintained bonus or no.

Glad to see Siren on that list, there's a few rokeplayers over there I know of that would really be excited by the potential boost in the roleplay population. Thanks for the update on this, I was about to level my Mateus character and would have been rather surprised by a lack of buffs (if that's the case)

After seeing several posts over on the official forums on the theme "Where did my buff go?" it seems clear that the XP bonus for new characters on new/preferred worlds disappears as soon as the world becomes a standard world.

Which reminds me ... I really should level my lowbie character on Omega a bit more while I still have the XP buff...

After seeing several posts over on the official forums on the theme "Where did my buff go?" it seems clear that the XP bonus for new characters on new/preferred worlds disappears as soon as the world becomes a standard world.

Well shoot. Mateus Character is a MNK too, so I was banking on that bonus XP to help offset the DPS queues. :blush:

That's what I get for not giving him a lot of attention, I guess. Since he's specifically for RP, I don't think his levels matter all THAT much, especially given his profession. Worse come to worse I could budget for a jump potion for him if needed. I've leveled MNK to 60 once already on Gogon, so it wouldn't be like I'd be diving into unknown waters (even though I looked at BLM again on him recently as the potential next thing to level and I immediately went "how does this go again?").

I'm not surprised. When they mentioned the changes to Omega, they had mentioned the loss of the bonus incentives when/if its status changed.

I just thought it was a bit of a dick move to lose it for those already there.

I have this mental picture of the SE tech guys slowly extending and raising their middle finger to everyone as they strip away the XP buff. Which was more than half the reason people transferred off Balmung and into Mateus to begin with.

So I may or may not have an alt or two on Midgardsomr...

Can anyone clarify for me if the one-time bonuses for reaching level 30 apply to characters which existed on the realm before the promotion period began?

I already have two in their 20's over there and I want to know if I should level them as planned, or start a new alt, in order to get that tasty tasty 15 days free and the 1mil to split between them.

Can anyone clarify for me if the one-time bonuses for reaching level 30 apply to characters which existed on the realm before the promotion period began?

I already have two in their 20's over there and I want to know if I should level them as planned, or start a new alt, in order to get that tasty tasty 15 days free and the 1mil to split between them.

I think the million Gil is only for transfers. I hit 30 on my MNK on Mateus and only got the additional play time.

I think the million Gil is only for transfers. I hit 30 on my MNK on Mateus and only got the additional play time.

That's strange. It definitely lists it under "Bonuses for characters created during bonus period that attain level 30 in any class" along with the free game time...

I doubt it. The bonuses are specifically said to be for new characters created during the bonus period.

The 1 million gil is only for new characters on new worlds, not on preferred worlds.

I doubt it. The bonuses are specifically said to be for new characters created during the bonus period.

But it then goes on to say:

Players with pre-existing characters on Preferred Worlds are still eligible to receive these bonuses for new characters created after the bonus period has begun. All new characters beyond the first created will also receive any bonuses not specifically restricted as one-time only incentives.

Which I'm having trouble understanding. Square Enix really needs to get a Plain English Campaign consultant.

The 1 million gil is only for new characters on new worlds, not on preferred worlds.

That answers that at least, though! It makes sense that they'd need to get the economy moving on the new worlds most of all.

But it then goes on to say:

Players with pre-existing characters on Preferred Worlds are still eligible to receive these bonuses for new characters created after the bonus period has begun. All new characters beyond the first created will also receive any bonuses not specifically restricted as one-time only incentives.

Which I'm having trouble understanding.

The relevant part would be "for new characters created after the bonus period has begun". That part about pre-existing characters just means that it doesn't matter if you already have a character on the world or not - new characters can still get the bonuses.