PSU Yoshida interview - more roleplay related elements planned

Zhavi

http://www.psu.com/feature/34640/interview-ffxiv-yoshida-patch-4-2-eureka-future-content

PSU: Inside of Final Fantasy XIV there are a number of players that categorize themselves as role players, who act out scenarios within the game as their character. During patch 3.4 the “RP” tag was implemented to let others know that we are interested in role playing scenarios. What other ideas are the developers considering to help these players become more immersed within the world of FFXIV?

Naoki Yoshida:

Including the new Performance Actions for bard, which will released with Patch 4.15, we have a solid roadmap of what roleplay-related elements we will be implementing in future updates. Similar to Performance Actions, we are continuing to put effort into implementing features that allow players the chance to create their own type of fun within the game. I hope that you enjoy these features and use them to enhance in-game roleplaying even further!

Cautious hype?

I was so lucky to get invited to the meet and greet in London, and he elaborated then too on those emotes and he seemed genuinely fascinated by the "daily lifestyle" in FFXIV and stated multiple time that they want to support that and roleplay. So I am super hyped for the future in that regard, I think good things'a'coming.

daily lifestyle? I don't get it.

Two possible interpretations:

1. What does the average RPer do on a given day? What types of features would benefit them?

2. (What I'm gonna assume Yoshi-P means.) What is your character's daily life like? What features could they implement to show this? (Like the BRD harp).

daily lifestyle? I don't get it.

It was elaborated as the things that people log in for beyond doing things like their dailies and dungeons. The social aspects, the roleplay, and so on. Essentially they see the value in the fluffy things and understand that it's what keeps a good chunk of their playerbase logging in, where as I suppose other games and in the past they might not have realized just how effective or important it is.