Omega Server Closed?

Tistan

Yeah, Omega is closed - and it has been for a few months now. It's not impossible that it will open up again at some point in the future since it supposedly isn't nearly as bloated as Balmung is.

I initially planned to move over to Omega myself for a number of reasons but ended up settling down on Cerberus instead. I won't rule out moving over to Omega if it ever opens up but I can attest to Cerberus being a pretty swell and friendly place. There's pockets of role-play, too - though it's not nearly as open and obvious as it is on the likes of Balmung, Mateus and Omega.

As it stands your only path to Omega at present would be to just create a character there and start from scratch since character creation is not disabled there. Only character transfers.

If you do transfer, though, keep in mind that there's a 90 day limit on it. I overlooked it myself when I first left Balmung and figured I'd be screwed if Omega opened up before the 90 days were over. As it stands, though, it didn't open up at any point during that 90 day period.

Please don't transfer off of Balmung - there are players out there who'd love to be able to play on our server and can't. Consider trying to work out a trade with someone, there's probably someone who would buy you a new account (and probably level boosts, etc) in trade for the one with Balmung characters, so that they could have fun with friends of theirs on Balmung. 

Once a character is transferred off they can't ever come back, so even if you didn't trade accounts with somebody, you might one day want to play on Balmung again and it wouldn't be an option if you transferred off.