New Player - What RP server to join?

Nicksiy

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to FFXIV and I've been wanting to get into RP, however I understand that the primary RP server is on lockdown, so I'm a bit confused on what server to join! I live in the EU, but I don't mind being on american servers as long as I can find some Rp! Help would be appreciated,

Thank you!

Fortunately, there IS an EU RP server! Omega! I believe it might be closed to transfers, but you can make a new character on it.

If you want to RP with the US folks, Mateus is the "alternative" server for folks to go to with Balmung being locked down. It's a good server in its own right, though, so don't think it's any lesser because it's not Balmung. ;)

Fortunately, there IS an EU RP server! Omega! I believe it might be closed to transfers, but you can make a new character on it.

If you want to RP with the US folks, Mateus is the "alternative" server for folks to go to with Balmung being locked down. It's a good server in its own right, though, so don't think it's any lesser because it's not Balmung. ;)

Oh no! I already made a character and I'd prefer a transfer :( Is there no option for me in that case? Thank you so much for your help!

Oh no! I already made a character and I'd prefer a transfer :( Is there no option for me in that case? Thank you so much for your help!

I believe Louisoix might also be an EU RP server? But I'm not entirely sure, so don't quote me on that. Also, I don't rightly know if Omega is closed to transfers or not, so you might be able to move 'em on over. Hopefully someone from the EU Crew will be by to give some more information, though. :(

I believe Louisoix might also be an EU RP server? But I'm not entirely sure, so don't quote me on that. Also, I don't rightly know if Omega is closed to transfers or not, so you might be able to move 'em on over. Hopefully someone from the EU Crew will be by to give some more information, though. :(

Okay, I'll just wait for confirmation. Thank you so much for helping me though!

While there likely are a few roleplayers around on Louisioix (as well as on most other servers) it is not an RP server as such.

Omega is indeed "temporarily" closed for transfers, with no word on when it might open again - to the frustration of quite a few.

Basically, if you want an RP server there are really only three options at the moment: Balmung, Mateus, and Omega.

Balmung is locked down tight until further notice so if you are not already there you can't get in.

Omega is closed for transfers, but creation of new characters is possible. It is mainly oriented towards European players.

Mateus is open for transfers as well as new characters. I believe it is mainly oriented towards American players.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, sleepypanda57 said:

I do believe that Balmung is currently open again, unless it has since closed once more. I see lots of new characters on it still though, so it may still be open again :3

It was closed again after the last maintenance, iirc.  It's now listed as a congested server again.

There are some EU players on Mateus, as we have a few in the Free Company I'm an officer of and I know I see a few on the Discord servers as well.
Hopefully things do work out for you and some other EU players can get in touch with you to give you a hand.