Balmung's RP Newspaper to Shut Down

A message from the Crystal Chronicle management team:

Hello everyone,

There's an announcement we wish to make on behalf of The Crystal Chronicle, an IC news publication for Eorzea - we will be shuttering our doors with Edition 45 (Dec 3rd). This is strictly an out of character announcement as we have plans formulating for a dramatic in character reason for this, so our publication does not reflect this decision as of yet. This decision was not an easy one, and we're happy to explain our reasoning, but as this is a general announcement, we'll summarize to say that our system was an unsustainable workload on the management team. This is a much deliberated-on decision and we delayed having the conversation for as long as we could. As much as we have loved doing this, it is time for us to move on.

We are aware of the void this will leave, and we have taken steps to help promote and bolster a new publication, Garnet Gazette, with much the same goal and direction that TCC has maintained for almost a year. Right now, it's a small crew who is hoping to get help in starting this publication, and we are giving tips to help the new publication build to be even better than we were. If you're interested in helping them, please let us know and we can direct you to the right individuals. Currently, this team is made up of staff from TCC who are preparing to make the move after our story takes place over the next several weeks, but - as we always were - they are open to fresh ideas and fresh talent.

Also an important bit, we have no intention of shutting down http://news.thecrystalchronicle.com/ - it will be maintained for the foreseeable future as an archive of the work that the staff did.

46 weeks of publishing (we only missed one week, and it was planned), and I (Deidra) wouldn't trade it for anything. I look forward to what comes next, and I hope you'll join me in supporting the projects that come from here on.

- The Crystal Chronicle Management Team (Deidra Rose, Talman Chryses, Dae Fenris, Shio Maeda, and Swyreyn Keltiyrn)

I've always been amazed by the amount of work y'all have done on that thing. Grats on making it this far and a big THANKS!

:moogle:

Seriously, I was always impressed by the work you guys put into this thing. I'm sad to see it go, but I'm also glad to see that it's still sort of living on through the Garnet Gazette. TGG?

In any case, you should all certainly feel proud and accomplished for what you all did with the Chronicle, and I'm eager to see what you all do next - TGG or otherwise. :thumbsup:

I'm going to miss TCC so much. I love these.

Thank you guys for all the hard work you put into this. The newspaper was an amazing piece of Balmung culture you created. Im glad to hear about the gazette though, and good luck to the crew in whatever they pursue.

[align=center]JncgoPKklVE [/align]

^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you so so so so SO MUCH for all the love and work you guys put into the Chronicle. Each new addition was a treat and you guys covered so much of 's stuff as well. Thank you for being so active, willing, friendly, communicative and awesome. I look forward to seeing what changes and publications the Garnet Gazette might bring. Is there a link to any sort of website they might have up yet, or a discord?

Thank you so so so so SO MUCH for all the love and work you guys put into the Chronicle. Each new addition was a treat and you guys covered so much of 's stuff as well. Thank you for being so active, willing, friendly, communicative and awesome. I look forward to seeing what changes and publications the Garnet Gazette might bring. Is there a link to any sort of website they might have up yet, or a discord?

Howdy! Crystal Chronicle / The Garnet Gazette Ace Ward Khojin Tumet here! We haven't gotten a website or official Discord up just yet, as we're still building stuff.

Currently, for the first few issues or so, things will be quite basic, based on our small team's OOC knowledge of websites and such and ICly, because none of us have experience or knowledge of press things.

When we get further along and get things functional, there will probably be links and such readily available.

If you have any questions, comments, or anything, please feel free to send me a tell via Discord or the RPC! My Discord name is Neryem#9165

Working on the Crystal Chronicle has been something immensely satisfying and moving for me. It's no secret that I have a lot of projects I juggle on Balmung, but the Chronicle will always have a special place in my heart as one of the ones that I feel most proud of. My journocatte Maxe Sahashin will be sticking around and be contributing to the continued excellence of fictional journalism at the Garnet Gazette, and I hope that those who have come to love the chronicle follow it's at-first humble successor. 

I'm not going to say that the Gazette will ever really fill the void left by the Crystal Chronicle, because I'm not sure anything can, but I do promise I'll do everything I can to make sure it's a worthy successor. As our Senior Windmills Correspondent and Trashy Novelist in Residence, I hope that the kind of thing you're used to seeing from my wacky mixed-berry Miqo'te continues to shine lights on your events and make the community feel more interconnected.

With my other hat, as an FC leader and event host, I'm going to miss the Chronicle. Whenever I was doing anything, whenever one of my projects took a step forward, whenever my characters were involved in something cool, I immediately turned to the Chronicle to offer them a story, and in turn they provided another avenue for me to promote my events. The relationship I built between the Bandee Pakshee and the Chronicle is one of the things I credit my company's success to, and losing that honestly broke my heart. When we found out about it in the Chronicle staff, I had to leave the meeting and cry, honestly. Because both as a member of the writing team and as a community member who loved and benefited from their coverage, I felt a great loss. 

It may not ever be quite the same, and it may take time to become as grand, but I hope the Gazette will be that pillar of the community that the chronicle was. And I hope members of the community will continue to support it as they have the Chronicle, by reaching out to us about your events, by helping us promote ourselves by sharing the link and talking about the articles, and even by writing or editing. An institution like the Chronicle isn't born overnight, so I beg your patience with the new paper, but I hope the love people have shown in this thread continues with our new team and new brand.

• 2 weeks later...

The final edition of the Crystal Chronicle is now available here. You can read about the IC story behind its closure. Thank you everyone for your support over our 46 weeks of operation. Our FC is not going away, and though we will not be bringing back the newspaper, we intend to return with the trial of Editor-in-Chief Deidra Rose for libel against the state of Ishgard, probably in January.

Some friends and colleagues of ours will be starting up the Garnet Gazette soon, so keep an eye out for that!

• 1 month later...

After much delay and legal negotiation, the Trial of Deidra Rose (Editor-in-Chief of the Crystal Chronicle) is finally occurring tonight (Feb 6) at 8pm Eastern. Find the ensuing courtroom drama at the Supreme Sacred Tribunal of Halonic Inquisitory Doctrine. (on Balmung of course)

If you can't make it, you'll be able to read about the aftermath in the Garnet Gazette.