Fine-Tuning my RPC's background

Livia

I'm a little new to RP over XIV, and It's important to me that my RPC’s skills, accomplishments, and capabilities are within the realm of believable for her age (30). I'm a bit lore-flexible, and I have the most fun when what my character can bring to the table is balanced to something appropriate for the amount of time she's had to cultivate those skills.

I was wondering if anyone would be alright giving me a second opinion and some guidance with the lore in scaling a few things for my RPC's age. I understand in Eorzea the average lifespan is probably lower, and so people rise up a bit faster in life, but I don't really understand just how fast that might be and it would impact my character in some ways.

I'd rather not discuss specifics openly since I know a few of my fellow FC-mates have mentioned being on here, but I'd appreciate it if someone would be willing to answer a couple questions over private message \o/ Otherwise, I'd be interested to hear how you choose to scale the shorter average lifespans to impacting your character's accomplishments.

Thanks!

Hiya there!

While the average life expectancy is indeed lower, that's mostly due to war, predators, sickness, etc. That number sits around the 40-50 mark for the average person. Based on how the game treats the player, we're likely assumed to be "legal" but not likely "old" most of the time. Like an 18-25 range.

If you're looking to get some quick bearings, I'd recommend browsing through some of these. I can't guarentee a lengthy reply in PMs, but I can certainly try.

Eorzean Lore Starter Kit

-Racial Lore Compilation

-Class/Job Lore Compilation

-Hydaelyn Geography Lore

-Settlements in Eorzea Pre-Calamity

-Eorzean City-states' Political Structures Lore

-Eorzean Units of Time and Measurement Lore

What Year Is It? Time Passage in FFXIV

staff note: I've relocated your thread over to Character Workshop since these appear to be character-related questions as opposed to general lore.