Hellos from Mateus!

Fedelmid

Hello! 

I'm a new FFXIV player and a...returning RPer?(Does GAIAOnline count?)

Since it's been several years since the last time I played MMORPG(in english) I might fumble here and there but I'll try my best to improve!

And I have several questions since I'm not really too sure how RPing in FFXIV goes.

1. How do you RP? Just jump in a random conversation? If so, is there a rule that needs to be known besides the basic? Like the golden rule?

2. In terms of RPing, I saw a lot of different styles when I was listening to an open rp. There were some who wrote like a paragraph describing their actions in words. Then there was another person who just talked like the character. I know styles differ from people to people but what would be the best style to take for rusty rper?

3. If you are ok with a rusty rper would you be my friend?

....ok so the last one isn't a question. But the idea of rping again in such massive community is just terrifying. Hopefully I can get use to it soon!

Thank you and I hope I can meet you in Eorzea!

Welcome to the fun!  I'm somewhat new to Mateus myself.  So far, I have been met with a welcoming RP community.   Unfortunately, it is like pulling teeth trying to get the Mateus crowd to utilize this site.  (glory be the day when they do)   If you have Discord, here's some links for ya:

Mateus RP Hub:   https://discord.gg/Bq2wvGG

Mateus RP Community:  https://discord.gg/XsBTbZv

1)  I try to be IC as often as possible, and make an effort to visit public events if my RL schedule allows.   My character tries to pick out the Wall Flowers at public events and start up a conversation with them.

2) Go with what works for you and your character.   I certainly wish I could be more descriptive about my characters actions, but I usually end up with one liners.   As your comfort level grows and your familiarity to your character improves, you'll notice changes in your text.

3)  Feel free to add Dagny Dalr.. New RP contacts are always welcome.