So, you remember those Voice Actors from 1.0 to 2.0

I have no one really to discuss this with, because many friends I had back in 1.0 I either lost contact with or we gone our separate ways, but I do know some still linger here and I found out a few days ago, while playing the MSQ again with a new character....

That the old Voice Actors are gone. They replaced all of the 2.0 MSQ voice overs with the new guys from 3.0... and its actually causing me to be teary-eyed. I am not sure if I am the only one who shares the experience from 1.0, or even some of your from 2.0-- but-- I am really saddened by this.

And maybe a part of me kinda feels kicked off to the side, if that sounds weird. Kind of curious if anyone else shares the same feelings to those that may also be aware.

EDIT:

So far, I stand a touch corrected after getting to the Calamity CS in the Ul'dah intro. Its seem so far, only the Ul'dah VOs were changed out, not the other nations. Though it does make me wonder if you start in another nation if they also have new VOs, but doubtful as of yet based on the Calamity CS.

Which I admit is alright, given Raub's voice was always a bit to harsh and I do like his new VA, but... still will miss the growly voice of the old.

Yes! There's some I miss and some I don't, of course. I started playing shortly before 3.0 dropped so when all of that got added I was still going through all the 2.x stuff. This resulted in me going straight from 2.5 content into 3.0. Suddenly, all the voices were different immediately following several emotional scenes and it was jarring.

Months later I discovered Critical Role and decided to replay the MSQ since I felt I rushed it a bit. It was really sad to fall in love with the characters and cast of that show while watching their voices disappear from FFXIV. If you're a tabletop RPG nerd or consider yourself a big enough fan of video game voice actors I can't recommend Critical Role enough. It's seriously Alphinaud and Thancred playing D&D with Illidan, Jaina, and Gazlowe with Rexxar DMing.

Funnily enough it was just today I discovered Mary Elizabeth McGlynn is credited as Hydaelyn. I loved her on Critical Role and I absolutely adore Johanna (aka the Diablo 3 crusader) so it made me pretty sad to realize I'd never hear her in FFXIV again.

Wait what, they actually did this? O_o. I"m honestly surprised they'd actually go back and re-do the voice overs... I haven't played my alts in so long... And usually skipped the cutscenes if I did. I'll have to pay attention now.

Nah, the wording in the first post is a little misleading. They're talking about the 2.0 (and 1.0?) voice actors getting replaced in 3.0 and on. SE has not gone back and redubbed all the 2.0 cutscenes with the new VAs.

Wait what, they actually did this? O_o. I"m honestly surprised they'd actually go back and re-do the voice overs... I haven't played my alts in so long... And usually skipped the cutscenes if I did. I'll have to pay attention now.

Nah, the wording in the first post is a little misleading. They're talking about the 2.0 (and 1.0?) voice actors getting replaced in 3.0 and on. SE has not gone back and redubbed all the 2.0 cutscenes with the new VAs.

I actually need to make an edit, which I'll do here shortly, but it looks like Thancred and Raub's voice were redone, thus the Ul'dah cast from what I can tell from playing on the Ul'dah Story line as Merl's VA and the gal from Grid (I can never remember her name) were the same during the Calamity CS.