Icoco-Ico

I. Basic Info

• Characters: Icoco Ico
  • Primary character: Icoco Ico
  • Linkshells: N/A
  • Primary RP linkshell: N/A

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Medium to heavy rp, though I'm able to mirror a style perfectly fine. Very slice of life character, as Ico isn't a fighter. Time wise, I'm on quite often, so I'm almost always available. Of course, I'd be happy to work out timezones to make something work.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Medium to heavy rp, though I'm able to mirror a style perfectly fine. Very slice of life character, as Ico isn't a fighter. Time wise, I'm on quite often, so I'm almost always available. Of course, I'd be happy to work out timezones to make something work.

• Views on IC romance:
    Yes! I love writing romance.That being said, Ico likes taking it slow. No sense in rushing into things. She prefers things to happen naturally so it doesn't feel forced. Fluff romance is great, so expect idle times where nothing is happening besides whispering sweet nothings at one another. 18+ Rp: Fine, but I won't do it just for the sake of it. Personally, I feel like it means more when there's an emotional connection between characters. That means NO one night stands. I am NOT my character. So please don't expect anything from me OOC beyond friendship.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Ico needs more friends. Please! She's quite lonely, and doesn't have the courage to go up to people on her own just yet. While she does try, sometimes she is a bit beyond herself. Functions quite well in small crowds, though if text scroll is difficult begins to be spammed, she'd likely go quiet with small responses in between. Views on lore: I will admit I'm not 100% on the Lore, but I make the effort to research anything that seems worth perusing. I have basic knowledge on racial lore, but that's about it. I realize Ico's naming convention doesn't follow normal lalafellin names. I'll likely change it in the long run.

• Views on lore:
    I will admit I'm not 100% on the Lore, but I make the effort to research anything that seems worth perusing. I have basic knowledge on racial lore, but that's about it. I realize Ico's naming convention doesn't follow normal lalafellin names. I'll likely change it in the long run.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    If I'm IC, say chat is ic. Party chat is useful for ooc. Not much else I can say about this, I don't think?

III. Other Info

• Timezone:Gmt+ 8
  • Contact info:If Interested please get in touch with me via Discord: Icoco-Ico#8311 or send me a message here. Whatever works!

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]

Edited by Icoco-Ico
template broke

Name - Icoco Ico
Age - 23
Gender - Female
Sexual Orientation - Heterosexual

Occupation - Fortune teller
Alignment - Lawful Good
Birthplace - Southern Thanalan

Temperament - Serene
Social Class - Low, by choice
Relationship Status - Single
Physical traits - Dark skin, light freckles on her cheeks, shoulders, and waist
Hobbies: Dancing, cooking.

Beginnings

Born in a small hut in the desert, Ico was a daughter in a long line of women who were gifted with the ability to read futures and fortunes. Her father was a travelling merchant, her mother a fortune teller. They both made a pittance in gil, but they were happy. It is a philosophy that has been passed down, that one does not need gil nor objects to lead a happy life. Ico was raised lovingly in their care until she was ten, whereupon they both died of old age. First her father, then her mother. Ico was left alone, but she was not afraid. Taking the crystal ball which had been passed down by generations, Ico set upon becoming a fortune teller on her own. She had basic education, but the knowledge to read fortunes had been the most important lesson of all. She left her childhood home with the clothes on her back, the ball and its pedestal in a bag, and nothing else.

The Journey

The desert is vast, and she was but a child in the cusp of her womanhood. Ico began with the beast tribes that dotted the outskirts of the desert. The Amal'jaa were amused by her readings, and their women tended to Ico when food and water were scarce. Were it not for them, she would have likely died. She did not have the experience to wander, but she learned. Always returning to the Amal'jaa, by the time she was fifteen, she felt she had become a full fledged fortune teller. Though she lacks the strength and aether to fight, Ico used her small stature to hide behind trees and rocks when needed. And that is how she came to the Shroud, where a turning point in her life began.

It began innocently enough. Exchanged glances in the market. Furtive smiles. Eventually, shy introductions. He was a Miqo'te. Tall and tanned, with a kind azure gaze, and hair as dark as the night. K'ovu. His name was honey upon her words, and they fell in love the way only the young can. Quickly, with passion. Though it was quick, what they had was true. Ico had began to make charms to sell. She had quickly learned that not charging for fortunes often left her with no gil. But they were not always bought. It was then that K'ovu would buy one, as a means to have some gil of her own. They lived a simple life. His was the life of a carpenter, but his dreams were with adventuring. He had promised her marriage. A daughter to carry on what generations before had passed down onto Ico. 

Perhaps that was his downfall. He found her, in their small and humble home, raving of ruins that promised to be teeming with treasure. He had even found adventurers to help. Ico let him go. Yet what returned was not her K'ovu, but the empty shell that was his body. Carried by the adventurers who had sworn to protect him. A sword to the chest. Ico should have seen it coming. But she had turned away from the truth. And now, she paid the prize. Burying her man, and her heart along him, Ico swore to never allow herself to be close to another. The pain was unbearable. She was eighteen.

The Present

Safety in the sands. Ico returns to Thanalan. She is tranquil. Calm. Serene. She has found peace in her loss, and comfort in her distance. Returning to the Amal'jaa, she continued to tell fortunes, eventually making her way to the great city of Ul'dah. Five years had passed, with hardly a word spoken beyond fortunes. Now, she is often found in the Quicksand. Selling her charms, surviving by eating scraps that are granted by Momodi and Mother Miounne. She recognizes that gil is something she needs to live, and so she only asks for donations for her fortunes.

HYUy9wK.png

Edited by Icoco-Ico
11 hours ago, Icoco-Ico said:

II realize Ico's naming convention doesn't follow normal lalafellin names. I'll likely change it in the long run.

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you have a proper Lalafellin name! The bad news is... it's actually for a Plainsfolk.

Lalafell all have a sort of musical pattern to their names, which varies a little between the clans.

For males, you have the Dunesfolk's pattern of AAC BBC (like my own Chachanji Gegenji. Cha-Cha-nji Ge-Ge-nji) or the Plainsfolks' more flexible AC BC (like our "good friend" Teledji Adeledji. Te-Ledji Ade-Ledji). For females, they're actually much simpler. Dunesfolk follow a AAB AB pattern (Momodi Modi of the Quicksand, for example. Mo-Mo-Di Mo-Di) while Plainsfolk are ABB AB (Utata Uta from the Void Arc storyline, U-Ta-Ta U-Ta).

So, your lady Dunesfolk would follow the AAB AB pattern - which would be Iico Ico in this case.

However! It's... not really all that big of a deal. Just because there is a recommended naming convention doesn't mean you have to stick with it. I've seen plenty of Lalafell who use the naming conventions of the other clan and even of the other gender at times! And several just eschew the convention entirely. So, if you like the name? Stick with it!

Only dorks like me who have the Lalafellin naming scheme memorized are really going to notice. :P

9 hours ago, Gegenji said:

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you have a proper Lalafellin name! The bad news is... it's actually for a Plainsfolk.

Lalafell all have a sort of musical pattern to their names, which varies a little between the clans.

For males, you have the Dunesfolk's pattern of AAC BBC (like my own Chachanji Gegenji. Cha-Cha-nji Ge-Ge-nji) or the Plainsfolks' more flexible AC BC (like our "good friend" Teledji Adeledji. Te-Ledji Ade-Ledji). For females, they're actually much simpler. Dunesfolk follow a AAB AB pattern (Momodi Modi of the Quicksand, for example. Mo-Mo-Di Mo-Di) while Plainsfolk are ABB AB (Utata Uta from the Void Arc storyline, U-Ta-Ta U-Ta).

So, your lady Dunesfolk would follow the AAB AB pattern - which would be Iico Ico in this case.

However! It's... not really all that big of a deal. Just because there is a recommended naming convention doesn't mean you have to stick with it. I've seen plenty of Lalafell who use the naming conventions of the other clan and even of the other gender at times! And several just eschew the convention entirely. So, if you like the name? Stick with it!

Only dorks like me who have the Lalafellin naming scheme memorized are really going to notice. :P

I actually have it memorized too. I think I might've had a brain fart during the naming, to be honest. I could have even gone with Icoco Coco. Naming potions are a bit pricey though.