Restrictions on housing and servers will be lifted on Feb 20

Skae

I haven't seen any announcement from SE about it or concise proof an exploit actually existed and also can't really confirm any bans. However, the way it's described is particularly shrewd. I just saw blips on tumblr of people saying there was one getting people banned but those were pretty easy to dismiss since the OP's of them seemed to be unaware of SE officially announcing Balmung opening. I imagine if it was actually a thing we'll hear something about it in the next Lodestone news posting regarding actioned accounts.

Either way, seems Balmung's been locked for general character creation at this time.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

17 hours ago, Oroban said:

There was an issue with mogstation where the option to transfer to Balmung wasn't actually removed from the shop's functionality, just all of the menus and your ability to select it. I don't know the particulars, but it boiled down to people exploiting the website to get access to the hidden option and transferring despite the server being locked. (afaik it's still open right now, at least for qualifying transfers) They all got permabanned, I think.

Yeah, but folks are taking that information and running with it a bit farther saying that the current transfers are bugs, unintended, and exploits. That's where my groaning comes from.

Edited by Veronisca
responded to the wrong message at first, whoops