RPer's Linkshell on Balmung?

CatBiter

Apologies if this is in the wrong place!

IC there are a decent amount of listings; most of which are themed. I'm aware (and part of) one or two Discord channels, but am a little lost with the changes since HRPC's change to the new club systems: and am curious if there are any Linkshells besides that current and still standing that are centered around focusing on the community as a whole and encouraging connections between those currently and coming into it?

If so.. where can we find it and get a hold of those running it?

If not; as one of two leads for our free company, currently looking for that and new members..?

I'd like to start one or two, promoting current events and interaction between single players AND free companies on Balmung, with others interested in the same.

With the doors for the re-opening tomorrow, looks like  a good time to get re-organized?

Er, the club sections should be identical in nature to the old forum-based "halls." They're just stored separate now. OOC Linkshells (and even FCs) can still be listed there if they're RP-related in some form.

It's my impression that that trying to universally coordinate RP doesn't typically work out. Whether because there are too many people doing their own thing or because thye don't want to listen. It should be noted that not all posters who had something in the old halls have gotten their posts updated. (There was going to be a FC/LS Hall Cleaning end of February to clear out the inactive stuff, but the site adjustments also served the same purpose). There's the RPer Events Linkshell that I know handles getting event information spread, and there are a handful of OOC/hangout linkshells I haven't seen reposted yet. 

Usually, that depends on the people and groups involved more than anything.

It's less a question co-ordination of existing player story and more about pulling connections in the RPC together/making them more visible on the server itself? If that makes any sense.

A lot I run into don't know where to start, and once they do; want to have experiences outside their groups. If folks want to use that to interact with other player and FC RP, awesome.. but and for the most part I was thinking more along the lines of OOC shells to find RP and or the kinds of event linkshells you mentioned rather than say trolling the quicksand to find actively run, open events; with new and seasoned players in mind, whether they've been here at HRPC or not.

Am hoping one is still active (the ones I was in weren't any longer) and if not am interested in getting together with those who would be interested to make a new one, and advertise it in game: myself if need be.

Edited by CatBiter

On 2/19/2018 at 5:39 PM, Unnamed Mercenary said:

There's the RPer Events Linkshell that I know handles getting event information spread

We're working on getting this rolling again.  I need to get a team of folks to do the daily / nightly posts to it again since I don't have the game time I used to.  I've got a couple of people helping out now, but a bigger team wouldn't hurt.  With the discord bots being a thing it hasn't really had the requests for attention it used to, however.

I'm available most nights myself, though work has been kicking my butt lately. Should prolly try to get together in game, even if just in messages. I think I only have a few LS slots open on my mains, would very much like to fill those if not replace the inactive with an active community LS. <3