Looking for community

Spartan926

Hello there!

Long time RPer on Forums, used to do a little bit on WoW when they still had RP servers (might now, been years since I've been on). I'm wondering if there are communities outside of Balmung that are still active? I wasn't sure where to post this question but thought this a good place. I know Mataeus was said to have some but idk if that still holds true. Wondering if anyone can tell me where a good fit would be if I'm looking to RP.

A little bit about my writing style: When I write I prefer to let experiences guide characters, not going with too general a plan but seeing how they come about through what happens to them. 

4 hours ago, Spartan926 said:

Hello there!

Long time RPer on Forums, used to do a little bit on WoW when they still had RP servers (might now, been years since I've been on). I'm wondering if there are communities outside of Balmung that are still active? I wasn't sure where to post this question but thought this a good place. I know Mataeus was said to have some but idk if that still holds true. Wondering if anyone can tell me where a good fit would be if I'm looking to RP.

A little bit about my writing style: When I write I prefer to let experiences guide characters, not going with too general a plan but seeing how they come about through what happens to them. 

Omega (EU) server reporting over here o/ We have a nice small community alive here. Sadly we don't have an established hub, but we have plenty of people on a community discord server open for roleplay, a number of FCs and weekly rotating tavern roulette events. 

Of course, if you're looking primarily for US servers, this doesn't really apply. Always worth a shot though. :P 

6 hours ago, Spartan926 said:

Hello there!

Mateus is, as far as I know, still quite active.  I believe they mostly organize their community through a Discord server, however.

Greetings and welcome aboard. There are pockets of roleplayers scattered on several servers but the more active populations appear to be Balmung and Mateus for NA and Omega for EU. Balmung has a strong pulse here on the site though it is open to all servers and roleplayers so you'll see post from various servers that will be tagged for identifying purposes. Mateus, like stated previously, centers mostly on Discord and still a pulsing and strong community as I bounce on it and Balmung currently.

Again welcome aboard and look forward to seeing you around and some of those writing you spoke of.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, while late to this-- Welcome!

Mateus is still a very active community, even with Big ol' papa-bear Balmung opening its doors again.
That being said, there is no /wrong/ choice either, just comes down to feel your after. Mateus is still very much a small town feel, with many active people, where Balmung is the big city.

Both are equally as active, just have different life-style behaviors, in away, you can create an alt on both and see which one really tickles your fancy, and there is nothing wrong with that!
I can't speak for Omega, cause I never been there (since I'm a filthy American :P ), but always feel free to explore and check stuff out!