Greetings to one and all!

Longtime roleplayer from other MMOs (as well as from tabletops and forums) and looking to delve into the FF14 community.

To be honest, I was looking for a while back when I first started- but it seemed like most of the activity was isolated in servers that were restricting character creation. It turned me off of the idea for awhile, and off the game itself for some time- but I just recently made my way back with the introduction of Stormblood. Figured that I'd give the RP scene in this game another shot and see what fruit it bore.

As for servers- I'm fairly flexible when it comes to it. I haven't really delved too far into leveling (just got my main to 50 after some time- most of which spent away from the game), so I wouldn't be adverse to packing up and relocating since most of the players I used to partner with have dropped the game. Now keep in mind, I might be rusty on lore, so any community that can tolerate me tempering myself too it would be appreciated. However, with the land being Ivalice- it excites me to learn more about it (since my favorite FF game to date is Tactics).

Roleplay wise, I've had a fair bit of experience. Between roleplaying since BC in WoW, roaming the Old World in Warhammer Online, and dabbling in multiple forum venues of different settings and content, safe to say I have the concept well in grasp- but that does not mean I don't have more to learn. I look forward to tagging along to see how things are done in this alien venue just for the chance to learn.

Sincerely,

Vex

Welcome! :)

You have quite a few options these days.  If you're in the US Datacenter, both Balmung and Mateus are available (though you may only be able to get into the former by doing a paid transfer off of another server).  In the EU, Omega is the server of choice for RP.

Take a look around and delve into the lore. I'm sure you'll have fun!  Many of us also have history in WoW.

As Liadans whispered (see what I did there?), you have options in servers which is always a good thing. Hopefully you find a setting you can call home and find your place within the community for your future enjoyment. Look forward to seeing you around and welcome aboard.

Oh and don't worry. Some of us are ancient roleplayers too from good ol' WoW *smiles recollecting his fun time with Onyxia*

Edited by Zhauric

To add a brick to the wall, you can yet create characters from scratch on Balmung, the only requirement you need follow being that of creating your character very early in the morning. And I mean really early.

Welcome to the RPC!

58 minutes ago, Kahn'a said:

To add a brick to the wall, you can yet create characters from scratch on Balmung, the only requirement you need follow being that of creating your character very early in the morning. And I mean really early.

Welcome to the RPC!

I'm not certain this is even the case anymore.  I had a couple of friends create characters at 2PM US Central time on Saturday.

Also to Vex:  Welcome the the game.  I hope you enjoy your time here.

Edited by Erah'sae