Greetings, another introduction

Hello everyone! My name is Djill and I'm a new FF14 player, still on a trial account in fact but I'm planning to buy the game as I've been having a blast so far.

I'm an EU player that has heard about the legend that is Balmung for several years now, but was never able to create a character there before. This is the reason I never started playing the game until now as I wasn't really interested into being on a non-RP realm. I'm hoping I'll meet some like-minded RPers and that the EU-NA time difference won't be too much trouble.

RP experience and preference

I started online RP about 10 or so years ago in WoW and have RP'd on and off (mostly on) since then in a lot of games, including WoW, Wildstar, GW2 and Conan Exiles.

Before then I only RP'd in tabletop games like D&D.

I prefer lore-heavy RP of all kinds, from relationship to bar to adventure RP, and I also like to host events or play characters that provide RP for others (like bartenders or priest-types). Lastly I enjoy DMing events for small groups of players when the inspiration hits me.

Character idea

I don't know enough about the world yet to have any definite ideas about the characters I want to play and I'm hoping to play through more of the story before I set anything in stone, but this is what I've got so far:

Moya'to

Moya'to Inyanga is a young male miqo'te Keeper of the Moon that has taken to wandering the world. He was raised to be somewhat subservient to female Keepers and he'll go out of his way to aid and be polite to them, but this has also resulted into him not acting very comfortable or natural around women of the race and in extend other races as well. He takes affront if males, specifically Keepers, blatantly disrespect Keeper women but he's otherwise a relaxed if somewhat quiet individual (at least on the surface).

Other than that there's little known about him.

He will not talk about why he started wandering even if a Keeper female orders him to, and pressing him on his past will make him uncomfortable at best, downright hostile at worst. It takes him awhile to get to know people and he'd fit best in a group of people that work together towards a common goal, not necessarily a social group.

Other

I want to play a female (either Hyur, Au Ra or Seeker) and play her as a barmaid of performer at some point in the future, preferably from a FC or personal plot (I can dream, can't I? :P)

I just saw how long this post is becoming and if you're still here: you're awesome, thanks for reading! Hopefully I'll see you in-game.

Any lore tips and suggestions on my miqo'te are welcome by the way, it's hard to find much lore on them.

50 minutes ago, Moya'to Inyanga said:

Any lore tips and suggestions on my miqo'te are welcome by the way, it's hard to find much lore on them.

Welcome to Eorzea and to Balmung, Moya'to! ^^ You can find some lore compiled on Keepers (and all the races) in this archived post. The section on Miqo'te is towards the bottom of the post. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard to the RPC!
If you do have some problems finding like minded roleplayers around your timezone, there is also the Omega Server, which is the EU RP server, though I do wish you best of luck on Balmung and hope you have a great time there; Just remember, there is always options. :)