Naming character a Doman/Kugane style name?

FFXIVRP

I wanted to ask about this and see if anyone more familiar with the lore than me (I'm not very familiar) can give some answers about this. 

if a character was taken in and "adopted" of sorts at an early age by traders/travelers from Doma or Kugane and named by them... would a traditional Japanese name work for this?

I'm also using this as a hopefully creative way of getting around the more restrictive naming conventions for seekers of the sun.  Feedback and suggestions are welcome, thanks! 

More specifically if you're after exhaustive naming conventions, you can take a look here, under the Raen race, which shares the same cultural conventions than Domans/Hingans.

Keep in mind that most commoners in their culture don't have last names. At best, they might have nicknames/aliases. Yugiri Mistwalker for example, has no last name.

Edited by Valence
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2018 at 3:47 PM, Miqoseeker said:

I'm also using this as a hopefully creative way of getting around the more restrictive naming conventions for seekers of the sun.  Feedback and suggestions are welcome, thanks! 

Adoptions are a great away to get around typical naming conventions. As long as it makes sense for X to adopt Y, go for it (it's how my Miqos have very non-Miqo names).

And let's also not forget that you CAN find NPCs that do not have standard names for their races. Besides adoption there's also marriage and cultural assimilation/intermingling. For example - a Miqo born on the streets of Ul'dah, whose family has lived there for generations, may not have or care about traditional tribal names.

Edited by Tregarde