Pureblood Garlean seeking peace and prosperity!

tumblr_p51xcpekZb1ua59a7o1_1280.png

“It is time to bring about a new era for Garlemald - one of peace and prosperity. Not solely for her native people but all those brought beneath her glorious banners. The question, then, is whether you stand with me or against me. I am so terribly weary of seeing good men and women on both sides of the battlefield cut down like pigs. We have more in common with one another than many would like to admit. We all have comrades in arms. Dreams. Families. Have you the desire to break the cycle of hatred? To truly make this troubled world work for all of us? If so, I cordially ask that you join me.” - Cato pyr Eligar

- - - -

OOC:

I have been wanting to do something like this for a very long time. With confirmation that the story of Garlemald is as politically driven as I hoped it would be, it is time to put my plans into action.

I am reaching out to all role-players who want to explore the possibility of having their character team up with a Pureblood Garlean who, whilst loyal to his homeland and people, is very eager to see an end to needless bloodshed and hatred. Such a lofty goal cannot happen overnight and will no doubt rely heavily on the advancement of the MSQ’s. Yet with all that said, the first steps can be taken right this instant.

So consider this a call to arms. Who wishes to join me? I suppose it may go without saying, but I am seeking the sort of role-players who adore political intrigue in their role-play. Naturally there will be those who seek to oppose my character, so rivals and enemies are also welcome to get in touch! All I ask of my role-playing partners is that they are literate, reliable and portray characters that feel like they could be a plausible part of the game world. A willingness to spend time outside of housing districts, cities and taverns is a major plus as well.

If this sounds intriguing, feel free to contact me via PM or in-game as Cato Eligar. If you take the latter route, bear in mind that I may be AFK!

I do like me some political intrigue, and I could do with some more RP outside of houses and the Quicksand! I have my main character, Faye, a reluctant Garlean half-blood. It would be interesting to have her meet a Garlean who is loyal yet still reasonable and sympathetic toward other people, considering she despises anyone who is loyal to Garlemald yet has never met any eager to put an end to the bloodshed. It would probably veer more toward the "enemies" side of things, but hey! I also have a Pureblood Garlean alt, Aelius. He's a defector stranded in Eorzea after traveling there to take part in a somewhat rogue mission. After the mission's failure and his time spent in Eorzea, he has very conflicted feelings on the Empire, his faith in his homeland has faltered, and he is trying to sort out his thoughts on the matter. I think it could be fun to see how meeting a fellow pureblood with vastly different views than most he's met could shape his perceptions. Perhaps he might even end up a supporter of the cause! If you'd like to know more, both their wikis are linked in my signature. I'd be glad to RP sometime. :) 

Oh, hey, just noticed this.  

I'm RPing as a soldier loyal to the Garlean Empire, so that kind of restricts where my character can be (mostly in and around Kugane, I think), but I would love to start building up towards a more cooperative story, if you're looking for other people that are interested.  

I'm super into this! My character, Nobi, is a diplomatic character, though her diplomacy reaches more towards the Beast Tribes. Either way, I would love for our characters to meet if you'd be up for it. Granted, Nobi is a Thavnairian Keeper. However, she is open-minded at her core. So as long as there's no immediate hostility, she'll be more than eager to hear what he has to say. 

Feel free to get in touch with me if you're interested! I'm on Discord @ Oddity#7403 , or you can find me on XIV as Nobi Ohndyn~ 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll keep an eye out for you in-game, because Marie is a business woman at heart.  Despite her history fighting against the Empire, she never took issue with Garlean ideology or culture, only their atrocious foreign policy of resorting to using a hammer where more delicate tools would be better served.  Also that sticky tendency to refer to everyone as 'savages'.  She rather admires the forward-thinking technological aspects of Garlemald and sees endless business opportunities if there was a way to make in-roads without incidentally subverting Eorzean efforts to repel the Empire.

In short, she would love to see reform, if only for the wealth of business and investment opportunities, so she would be an easy one to turn into a Populares supporter.  And, if you can reasonably assure her that any investment made won't be used against Eorzea, she may become more than a supporter in name only.

Meanwhile, if this group has a Discord, you can plug me in at TLATopHat#2768