Greetings - New & Searching

Vheilyn

Good day and greetings everyone. I've only had a bit to look around on the site, but from what I see it might be the right place. I'm one of a few role players launching FFXIV to play, and hopefully while here, find an RP community because that's our fuel for gaming. Some of us have basic understanding of FFXIV as we've played for about 3 months, and others completely new to the experience. For RP on the other hand, all heavy role players with a focus on story/character development for the enjoyment of all, be it hero/villain/bartender/peasant.

About myself:

• MMORPG Background: A lot of experience with Guild Wars 1-2, LOTRO, ESO, and the like. 
  • RP experience: Embarrassing amount both out of game with D&D/WoD and in game from chat RP to full server RP in ARK/LIF/etc. 
  • Character ideas/info: The character I have on Brynhildr is a basic scholarly aloof elf, but I play anything. FF generally puts you in a role where a hero is more fitting. I/we may make new characters on a more RP heavy server, so we'll see.
  • How did you learn about the coalition? Google
  • What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy) - Heavy preferably.
  • Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.) - I work, I learn, I play?

If anyone is able to tip me off in the direction of an active RP group/server we'd be willing to check it out.

Edited by Vheilyn

Hey There and welcome to the RPC! A location that has been around during the beta of 1.0 (... This place has been here for so long)

You'll find a ton of rp resources here and some really friendly people!

As for the RP community to join, there are several. Balmung (formerly Besaid) is the largest and oldest of the RP communities and just recently opened back up, however to get on, you'll either have to pray to hit the right time spot or pay. If you like massive RP communities, city like feeling, then it is the best place to be.

The other would be Mateus, sister community to Balmung, which some folks from Balmung here on this server, and along with new faces. Its a much more small-town feel when it comes to the ooc community and the roleplayers tend to come in all types of flavors, being is fairly young. It is the server I, also come home these days (Though I'll always have a warm spot for my old server), and, as a shameless plug, am part of an FC that is recruiting, just started a story arch, and does both pve and RP content; Also tend to focus on the medium-heavy side when we do RP.

The story focus of this FC known as Midnight Envoy: Adventurers being Adventurers -- Fighting Beastmen, Voidkin, and Garleans alike for the safety and freedom of Hydaelyn (and to fill some coffers to boot).

You can also find other Linkshells and Free Companies up in the tabs above of all sorts of other places. Good place to also look to see what is going on (Though I'll admit for Mateus, not everyone lists here. For whatever their reasoning).

The last RP server I know of that has been well Established is Omega, that is on the EU side, and while I don't know much about them. They are a friendly sort as well.

Finally, we do have some newer communities trying to crop up, such as on Goblin, Siren, and even Ultros. So, you'll have plenty of choices to pick from and choose from.

I hope this helps and again, Welcome to the RPC, to 14, and hopefully see you around!