LFC on both Balmung & Mateus

BALMUNG - Saran Questir

RPC Wiki | Tumblr | Promotion Post | Looking for FC

Hooks

• Azim Steppe / Xaela • While Saran will be very hesitant to actually speak in front of another Xaela, that doesn’t mean that they can’t still interact! Also, I do have some character development ideas for her later down the line which include her formally renouncing her tribe. I would really like for her to develop some close connections/friendships with people who are very much involved in tribal culture so that there’s a real sense of dread when I do eventually decide to have her become tribe-less. Maybe their friendship will suffer as a result of her decision, maybe it will disintegrate entirely, maybe they will be supportive of her choice and stay in contact — who knows!
  • Criminals / Unsavory Backgrounds / Mercenaries / Information Brokers • Saran is very much willing to associate with all of the aforementioned “ne’er-do-wells” even though she’s the type of person who barely skirts the edges of legality herself. She would definitely have hired information brokers to look into the pasts of her business associates and maybe try and dig up some blackmail should the situation prove necessary. She’d also certainly hire mercenaries to go on treasure hunts with her and her troupe, especially when she’s on a solo / unsanctioned expedition that she doesn’t want the rest to know about. She likes to keep her fingers in a lot of pots so anyone who can help out with doing any “dirty work” that she wouldn’t want traced back to her is of great value. That doesn’t mean it can’t be all business and no pleasure! 
  • Party People • This can be combined with either of the two above, but Saran is very social and she likes kicking back with drinks and conversation. She’s what you would call a tease: she’ll flirt, but rarely does she make good on her “intrigue.” She’s very sensual and doesn’t shy away from the topic of sex (she’s more playful about it though, like in a strip poker sort of way) but she’s not all that interested in having sex with many people. Not that she’ll get preach-y and claim that sex should only happen when there’s love — she’s the last person who will judge another’s sexual exploits — as Xaela culture isn’t too keen on the whole idea of “chastity.” 
  • Fighters • Saran likes to spar and shoot the shit with other (physical) combatants she respects. She tends to purposely go easy though, as her full strength unleashed on an unsuspecting foe is quite intimidating (I have a personal theory that the Au Ra, particularly the Xaela, are the result of heavy genetic research by the Allagans into an ideal ‘super soldier,” so while Saran may be small and our physical universe dictates that someone of her size shouldn’t be able to knock a, say, male Roegadyn off his feet, fantasy rules and an extensive history of genetic tailoring make it possible). She’s not into fighting for money or fame oddly, since she’s all about the money everywhere else, but she’s keen to keep her skills sharp. 
  • Highborn Folk • Saran is definitely not above trying to cozy up to those who are already noble and wealthy. She knows the best step up is a good connection, and she’ll quickly try to befriend anyone whom she sees as advantageous to know. 

Looking For

• Friends. Even though Saran’s alignment is of an evil nature, she’s not the typical sadist nor the maniacal overlord hungering for power (well, she does hunger for power, but she does have standards). In fact, she’s quite bubbly and pleasant to speak to — so long as you don’t pose some sort of threat. She’s a swindler with sweet words: just don’t expect her to stand loyally by your side if it’s more profitable to watch you fall.
  • Enemies/Rivals. Easily the simplest and most straight-forward section for Saran, though probably won’t be as common as the girl covers her more sinister sides quite well. She’s not immune to missteps, however, and that leads me to the next point —
  • Antagonist. Want something unsavory to befall your character, and think Saran will fit the bill for some character development? I’m quite open for Saran to play the “bad guy” or the “corrupter” in another character’s story line, with potential consequences to be hashed out.
  • Romance (?). When it comes to love and sex, Saran’s bark is far worse than her bite. She’s highly flirtatious and naturally sensual, but the number of times she’s genuinely in pursuit and not just trying to make someone like her is … exceedingly rare. I’m very much in favor of one-sided plots (again, as above, I’d love to use Saran to cause some angst and drama) but for reciprocated romance, I’m not really looking for the moment.

Mateus - Y'raemha Rhowa

RPC Wiki | Tumblr | Promotion Post

Hooks

• Raemha was an apprentice for the Godsbow for a couple of years before being fully admitted, though left after only a few months
  • She went by the alias “Balancing Act” during her three year stint as a Gladiator. When she retired, her employers believed she’d done well enough to earn a Chocobo, which she named Sophia.
  • Raemha was known for being a very cheerful and rambunctious character prior to the Calamity, so anyone who had been in Gridania prior may have known her (though she’s only been in Eorzea for a total of six years)
  • Her past is shrouded in mystery — even for herself. If she’s asked about her backstory she will perpetuate the fiction that her adoptive father created for her: that she was a victim of the flesh trade. In truth, Frederick (her father) and his son, Navarre, found her when they broke the magic seals on an ancient music box. They didn’t want her to become the subject of someone’s wicked study, so the lie was created to protect her true origins. What she doesn’t know is that her true past began in the Third Astral Era, at the invasion of the Allagan Empire into Meracydia and immediately prior to the mass Miqo’te exodus from their homeland. (Full details at her RPC Profile)
  • She works for Midnight’s Envoy, an adventurer’s guild type of Free Company that used to specialize in smuggling refugees out of Garlean-occupied territory. She’s just a new recruit for the company, but her calmness and patience make her rather ideal for helping those who have traumatic backgrounds seek resolution and closure.
  • Similarly, she’ll also help former criminals who seek to reform themselves and their ways.

Looking For

• Someone with a particularly strong connection to the Echo may encounter glimpses of her past. I wouldn’t mind exploring this theme in RP, though I would want to write drabbles depicting said visions.
  • Garleans are hated on-sight, with a bias and irrationality that’s uncommon for her. It’s a subconscious trigger for her hatred against the Allag, which the Garleans quite resemble in the modern age.
  • As a result, she also hates most technology and can’t abide by robotics at all. Characters with a passion for innovation or a tendency towards “extreme” research may find themselves at odds with this nature-loving Miqo’te.
  • Friends, pure and simple. Raemha is the moderate “voice of reason” type, someone who will sit there and calmly explain the other side when she believes her friends are too clouded with bias. She’s a great listener, though her advice is often the same: “I can’t tell you what to do, you have to feel it for yourself.”
  • People who will pull her more out of her shell and force her into action, rather than her usual passive, wallflower-type of existence. Raemha doesn’t have a very “strong” personality on her own and is easily influenced by those around her, so I’d love for her to find friends who force her out of that comfort zone and want her to gain more of a self-identity rather than her usual self-sacrificial attitude.
  • In addition, I would like to find a romantic plot for her, though this will take time. She’s very much still in love with Navarre, though he’s been dead for years now, and she’s not showing any signs of changing her romantic status from “solitary grief” anytime soon. I’d love a slow burn romance for her, one which may involve multiple (failed) attempts and copious frustration at her refusal to move on and become more of her own person.

Mateus - Maribelle Rabntoh

RPC Wiki | Tumblr | Promotion Post

Hooks

• Maribelle greatly enjoys travelling the world, though she’s banned from Gridania and suffers from the Greenwrath when she lingers too long in the Shroud. These days, she’ll most likely be around Limsa, Kugane, Ishgard, and Dravania.
  • In an effort to further her research on aether and aetherial properties (primarily focusing around dragons and the Calamity), Maribelle is willing to make deals with some shady individuals. This has potential to go sour or swell for either party.
  • She currently works for an adventurer’s guild, taking up odd jobs. Her contract is not exclusively through her free company, however, and should one have need of her magics she’ll more than happily offer her services — for a fee, naturally.
  • Maribelle is very much a romantic and will likely make a pass at any female she deems attractive. While she isn’t looking for her “one true love,” mainly because she doesn’t believe in such things, she’s very open to all sorts of serious or not-so-serious attachments.

Looking For

• Friends. Maribelle is very talkative and highly social, if a bit odd in her passions, but she’s non-judgmental and makes friends easily. She’d definitely be the “weird” one in a friend group, but she’s just as supportive of and loyal to her friends as one would hope.
  • Rivals/Enemies. Particularly intellectual rivals, either those studying in the same field as Mari and provoking friendly competition or more towards the line of enemies with completely conflicting viewpoints. I highly suggest taking a gander at her Wiki since there are some aspects of her character that are highly suspicious, if not downright unethical.
  • Romantic interests are almost a given for Mari. She loves spending time with beautiful women as much as the next gay girl, but she is strictly non-monogamous. She is very open about this fact, however, and doesn’t believe in lying and cheating to “get her way.” I’d also like to say again that she is not a multi-ship muse, meaning that all of her current relationships are in the same timeline and could possibly affect each other.
  • Think Maribelle would be a good fit for some character development you’d like for your character? Let me know!

Contact

Discord: Hana#6053 (I'm perpetually in Offline mode so don't be alarmed if I reply immediately or take some time)

Either of my three character Tumblrs, as I switch between them fairly often throughout the day.

Send a /tell in game if you see me online! If I don't respond swiftly I'm definitely alt-tabbed and not ignoring you.

I'm comfortable with multiple medias for RP (in-game, Discord, Tumblr, forum, etc). I also don't mind at all if you would prefer to give our characters an established backstory versus having to begin from scratch!

Edited by reuler

Hey there, while I am not sure if the Midnight Envoy is what you might be looking for, for your character on Mateus, I figured I'd at least give the offer.
The Free Company is a company focused on Adventurers being Adventurers and all the trouble there in. It is both PvE Content focused and Roleplay Focused, and we do have one or two EU players at the moment, including some of us NA players who are either up insanely early or stay up really late, so finding someone to hang with shouldn't be to hard.

We are still growing our ranks out, so if you'd like to take a peak, I can give you our current topic that covers over our Rules, Regulations, and Info:

If we are not fit for your character, than I understand completely. I do wish you the best of luck out there and who knows, maybe join or not, my characters might run into you while out there. :)

9 hours ago, reuler said:

Oh! That sounds interesting, but I'm being told I don't have permission to see the link?

Huh, that is weird. I'll have to inform our FC leader that the page seems to be hidden, but I'll take a look myself and see what I can do about it. We also have the information on a google docs as well (though its a bit more rough, but still carries the same information), if you like, I can provide you that link-- though you'll have to read it anyways once you join but, yeah, up to you!

Also members go through a bit of a "trial mode", which is simply you can join, check things out, get your feet wet, and see if the place is for you; No strings attached. If you do decide to join us on Mateus and are interested in checking out Midnight Envoy, let me know. I'll get you hooked up with the FC, our Discord, & an IC interview. :)

5 hours ago, Koti Nexus said:

Also members go through a bit of a "trial mode", which is simply you can join, check things out, get your feet wet, and see if the place is for you; No strings attached. If you do decide to join us on Mateus and are interested in checking out Midnight Envoy, let me know. I'll get you hooked up with the FC, our Discord, & an IC interview. :)

A trial sounds great, honestly. c: I'll admit I did a bit of snooping around RPC to see what I could find on your FC's story and what I've found so far has definitely sparked my interest so we'll see how it goes!

1 hour ago, reuler said:

A trial sounds great, honestly. c: I'll admit I did a bit of snooping around RPC to see what I could find on your FC's story and what I've found so far has definitely sparked my interest so we'll see how it goes!

Awesome! My day is a little busy, but I'll try to keep an eye out for you while I'm online, I'll also inform our other EU member we have in our FC as well, just encase I miss ya. :)

1 hour ago, maoilmhin said:

Is Y'raemha available for hire Bard performances?  Our FC will be hosting grand opening events soon and we are looking for guest performers for the event.

I would love to, except that I'm still going through the MSQ on her character and won't have access to Shirogane for a while. It depends mostly on when the opening event will be. o:

On 3/15/2018 at 1:59 PM, maoilmhin said:

For whatever reason, majority of Mateus RP folk don't use RPC.   I wish they would.. Most of the OOC interaction takes place in discord.

This here and like her-- I wish I knew why. *shrugs!*

On 3/17/2018 at 9:58 PM, Ashram Narse said:

I just found this place and more people probably would if they knew about it.

This place has been around for ages.  Most of the Mateus RPers that trasnfered over know about it but they've just decided not to use/publicize it for whatever reason.   It is the first link that comes up when you google for "FFXIV RP"

• 1 month later...