Reaching out!

Howdy!  I’m 'Top Hat', or Naga!  Pleased to meet you all!  I’m no stranger to RP, but FFXIV is the first time I’ve taken my writing and applied it to an MMO avatar.  It’s a new medium, which is both exciting and intimidating at the same time!  With Balmung’s re-opening, I felt it was a good time to make the jump.

MMORPG background:

I've been playing MMOs since the launch of Burning Crusade back in my WoW days, and have at least tried most MMOs out there to one degree or another.  I enjoy the cooperative aspects of MMO, and the larger-scale parties that the genre enables.  I'm also a worldbuilding fanatic, and I love games with rich, consistent worlds, so RPGs in general catch my attention.  I started playing FFXIV with the launch of Stormblood's early access, and I play BRD on my primary progression character on the Lamia server.

RP experience:

I've been writing characters and RPing on and off for the greater part of fifteen years, though never inside a game or MMO.  I've used mediums like Skype and Discord, as well as forums, tumblr, and IRC.  As in-game RPing is the one medium I haven't tried yet, I'm eager to get involved, and have already settled my characters in with an FC and given them roots in the game world.  All that's left is to get out and into interactions outside my FC, which is what I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

Character info:

I run three RP characters on the Balmung server:
Marie Fayette: Midlander | Wealthy heiress and part-time mercenary Comes across as a bit of a snob | Parents own a moderate Bank firm
Y'dela Mura: Sun Seeker | Former Thief and Poacher | Married to an alchemist | Extremely protective of her wife | Second name is her mother's
Quntei Kha:  Xaela | Traveler from the Kha Tribe | Self-taught pugilist | He Traveled to Eorzea after learning that the new Khagan is Eorzean

I'll have Wiki pages for all three eventually, but for now you can find my new page for them, along with their biographies at <wlweorzea> on Tumblr.

How did you learn about the coalition?:

Through my FC on Balmung

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be?:

I'll probably tend to balance RP with running content until my characters are all at level cap.  At that point, I'll probably shift to a more RP-centric stance

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing?:
Well, I'm a diesel technician by trade, a bit of a world traveler by fate, and US Marine veteran by choice.  I turn 30 this coming July, I am a dedicated night owl, and I'm currently living in the eastern US.

So here’s me reaching out, hoping some of you great folks out there will take my hand and show me what there is to see out here!

Edited by TLATopHat

Thanks for the welcomes, you two!  I'll keep my eyes peeled and say 'hi' if I bump into you.
Otherwise, if you've got any advice or tips, I'm all ears.  I may have found my footing, but I get the sense that there's a lot of opportunities I can look for.