An Idea I had.

So I went down about 8 pages and all I saw on dimension hopping was bringing chars from 11 to 14. Some of my facts may be wrong so putting it here.

From what I understand Hydaelyn is the crystal of light and light aligned shards , worlds, dimensions, whatever you want to call it orbit in her sphere. Zodiark is the crystal of darkness and dark aligned worlds, shards, dimensions, whatever orbit in his sphere. I do not mean total conversion of only light or darkness, but where the balance has seriously turned one way or another. Given the warriors of darkness story line I decided on the following for a char of mine.

Due to all the crap going on in the various worlds and them falling to light or darkness instead of being in relative balance this has given rise to Chaos, much like the Chaos from FF1. This is a intelligent entity that prowls the worlds and converts them entirely from order back into utter chaos. It basically decontructs a world, or a dimension that is heavily out of balance and obliterates it, and the timeline of that existance starts over. Some people from a world do get away to other shards.

Enter Doloria, my nice little Au'Ra who was a warrior of darkness on a heavily light infused world when Chaos found it and invaded it. The worlds military and plitical structures melted. There was no Empire, no Doma, no city states, just the living and the unmade. The entire planet save for Mor Dhona had been converted to primal chaos and the survivors planed to pool everything they had into the crystals all over the landscape, and use the machines in the tower, to make an island if you will and try to fight back. They lost, hard.

She managed to activate the crystal trap, but due to there not being enough world, or life forms in it, it backfired. As Chaos disolved the last of the world the energy from the crystals took her from her shard to ours and dropped her on the shore near the keeper of the lake. She has scars, most you can't see, but some you can given womens armor sometimes. She has ptsd, it is not totally crippling, but it does shut her down from time to time.

She has taken to living on our world, helping people out and doing her part to make sure our world stays in balance. She is somewhat withdrawn because she saw her world and almost everything in get unmade. She is not the stoic, never talks to anyone, dosen't like anyone kind of trope. If she gets to know you she is at least a bit more then civil. She is loyal to the world at large and uses her reptuation and her rank in the Adder to try and keep a balance of light and dark in the world. That is her main pourpose, keeping Chaos from finding her current world. She dosen't see good and evil really, and is unfortuneatly  pragmactic to a fault. So she often suggests plans of action the Scions would find immoral. The path of least resistance as it were. It is results that matter, not the actions that lead to said results.

Now I have not started rping her at all. I am concentrating on getting her leveled and seeing all of the Stormblood story. I would like this to be her background and her premise when I start. I have tried to keep her from being troperific, and she certanly is not Mary Sueish because she got her ass handed to her and she did not turn into wonder woman with her flaws doubts and fears.

1 hour ago, Corvanther said:

Some of my facts may be wrong so putting it here.

From this line, I presume you're looking for feedback in that regard, so... The only evidence we've really seen of dimension hopping have been very powerful beings. While I respect you wishing not to make her Mary Sue-ish, this is perhaps the one case where it would be applicable, and that conundrum is why I personally think it's best to avoid playing characters from other worlds on Hydaelyn, though ultimately that's your decisions and your right. I would also caution that having a character from an entirely different world could make it difficult for characters to relate IC and therefore might create a bit of a hurdle OOC to find cohesive RP.

5 hours ago, Corvanther said:

From what I understand Hydaelyn is the crystal of light and light aligned shards , worlds, dimensions, whatever you want to call it orbit in her sphere. Zodiark is the crystal of darkness and dark aligned worlds, shards, dimensions, whatever orbit in his sphere. I do not mean total conversion of only light or darkness, but where the balance has seriously turned one way or another. Given the warriors of darkness story line I decided on the following for a char of mine.

It's a bit more complicated than that, and every lore we have on this is rather nebulous and fragmentary in nature. A few points:

- It has never been proven as far as I know that there is a scale of grey between shards, and that the first one is closest to Hydaelyn's Light while the thirteen one is the closest to Zodiark's Darkness. Considering that the 1st Shard saw an easy victory from its Warriors of Light (Arbert, Blanhaerz, Lamimi, Naillebert, J'rhoomhale) against the local high ascian Mithron the Chastiser, and the 13th Shard saw a crushing defeat of its Warriors of Light (Cuchulainn, etc) against its ascian envoy Igeyorhm, it could be indeed argued that the first Shards are the closest to the Light, and the last Shards are the closest to Darkness, but that's still highly speculative and not proven for now.

- One thing to take into consideration is that all the Shards are reflections from the Source (our current, original star in ffxiv), and were born from the exile of Zordiark from the Source to the Moon. They are the result of the fragmentation of the source's aether into several reflections. Zodiark's agents work tirelessly into creating Rejoinings,  that occur when one of those shards gets absorbed back into the Source, in order to free Zodiark from his exile in a phenomenon known as the Ardor. We know that at least 7 shards were destroyed and consumed back to the Source at each Calamity. 2 other relfections were definitely lost, thrown off balance either from a flood of Light or a flood of Darkness: the first and 13th shards, although considering the story unraveled in 3.4, it's possible that the 1st Shard isn't totally lost to the void yet, and maybe the 13th as well, who knows. Ideally, we have ascians working in the Source to provoke Calamities in order to cause Rejoignings by weakening Hydaelyn's aether. We have ascians working in every shard to create calamities and instability in order to force rejoinings as well, but at least two of those failed utterly and their worlds were lost either to the Light or Darkness. This is where Arbert and his buddies come in and turn to Elidibus to save their world, trying to force a Rejoining directly in the Source by creating a Calamity so that his home world doesn't get lost to the void (which is stupid anyway since a rejoining still means the end of their shard, but they don't believe that). 

- The Warriors of Light of the 1st Shard now turned into Warriors of Darkness at the whims of Elidibus, end their lives and gets reborn into the Source through unclear means, but probably involving similar safeguards through the blessing of the crystal of Darkness preventing Zodiark's agents to truly die as their souls escape untouched and protected through the aetherial sea (only my take on it in any case). Being a Warrior of Darkness is thus not a group of warriors fighting for darkness aligned shards or whatever, but a term coined to designate that specific group (Arbert and his pals) that turned from the Light to serve the Darkness bitterly. Also, you have to die to hop dimensions, and have the blessing of Light or Darkness to survive.

This doesn't invalidate your story. You just have to keep in mind that you'll probably play a lot of out of the bounds of lore in terra incognita, in a very changing and nebulous area on top of that. Your character would have had to die already, and be possibly more or less immortal like ascians and the warrior of light (until they lost their blessing of Light from Midgardsorm). Which you can negate a bit by making her lose her blessing as well. You'll have to choose a Shard that 1) is still alive and hasn't already rejoined, and 2) isn't the 1st nor the 13th, and we don't know which Shards remain exactly. You can of course keep that mostly quiet and nebulous, and that's probably the best way to deal with it. Your character doesn't even have to know the number of her shard anyway.

8 hours ago, Corvanther said:

I have tried to keep her from being troperific, and she certanly is not Mary Sueish because she got her ass handed to her and she did not turn into wonder woman with her flaws doubts and fears.

I'm not sure if you're seeking feedback for the concept or only trying to confirm if the character's backstory is lore sound, so feel free to disregard my post if it's the latter.

My impression of all this is to ask you a question... Is there something specific that you hope to achieve in your RP/storytelling that you feel you cannot achieve without having the character come from another dimension?

I ask because you seemed adamant about stating that she is not Mary Sue-ish in terms of power level, which conveys a desire to avoid such a designation. But the highly special and overly extraordinary nature of the character's origins conflicts with that desire, in my opinion. I know that it's not a view shared by everyone, but I feel that a lot of the circumstances surrounding the Warriors of Darkness in the first place come off as very "troperific" and one-dimensional. So, if I were in your shoes and I wanted to avoid those things... I wouldn't make an entire character and backstory inspired by them.

Edited by Kismet

I also want to point out that I only answered through lore tinted glasses. I didn't intend to convey any judgement on the backstory power levels or tropes in any case. If that is the true essence of your question, then I might have answered wrongly.

I just want to point out that some players play farmers and average joes, some play powerful adventurers, some even play the WoL between a restricted band of friends, re enacting Their journey. Nothing wrong with any of those. Your backstory can make sense. If you find the people to play similar tropes, then go for it.

I don't know the back ground of our world as well as I do , say Azeroth. I was trying to have a more neutral character then the I am the almighty warrior of light, or I am the allmighty warrior of darkness. You have to admit Square turns us into Mary Sue or Gary Stu depending on who you are. We killed the primals in ARR alone supposedly. Look at all the crap we have done, without an army of other adventuerers, story wise at least.

To boil it down Doloria is an extremely pragmatic woman to whom the balance is all. How you achieve that balance is immaterial. Think of druids from dnd. Look at the dragonlance war where the point was not to defeat evil, but restore the balance between good and evil. On a totally off point thing are Conj druids or mages?

23 minutes ago, Corvanther said:

I don't know the back ground of our world as well as I do , say Azeroth. I was trying to have a more neutral character then the I am the almighty warrior of light, or I am the allmighty warrior of darkness. You have to admit Square turns us into Mary Sue or Gary Stu depending on who you are. We killed the primals in ARR alone supposedly. Look at all the crap we have done, without an army of other adventuerers, story wise at least.

To boil it down Doloria is an extremely pragmatic woman to whom the balance is all. How you achieve that balance is immaterial. Think of druids from dnd. Look at the dragonlance war where the point was not to defeat evil, but restore the balance between good and evil. On a totally off point thing are Conj druids or mages?

Typically, people don't RP the Warrior of Light aka the character we play progressing through the storyline. Most people don't consider the things we've done in game to be feats accomplished by their character because, well, along with being pretty OP it gets conflicting when more than one person wants to say their character has been the one responsible for killing the same person/primal/whatever. That's not to say it doesn't happen or you can't do it, but that style of RP is a lot more common to tumblr FFXIV RP than it is in game RP.

Conjurers are mages who borrow the power of the Elementals. You could consider them a bit druid-like, considering their abilities deal with natural elements, and if they disrespect the Elementals they could simply be cut off from their ability to cast. If you want to take it a step further, Hearers are conjurers who can hear and communicate with Elementals.