Salutations!

Hello!

I'm pretty new to the HRPC, but I've skimmed the forums/lurked. Nice to meet you all!

My main is on Balmung, but I'm currently playing on an alt on Siren (with some IRL friends, who unfortunately, aren't role-players). So, I'm looking to connect, particularly with anyone on Siren (Or looking to move/create there)!

• MMORPG background - FFXI, WoW, Destiny (Does that count? lol), GW2, Wildstar, FFXIV, SWTOR, AION... I love making characters!
  • RP experience - Extensive, but medium/casual. I've done freeform and script form, forum and in-game. I do enjoy playing/DMing TRPGs as well from D&D to 40k; my realm of interests is pretty vast. I have a tendency to lean toward mature or dark themes (Grimdark!), and greatly enjoy flawed characters and the mundane; to me, the average person has as much of a story as a hero.
  • Character ideas/info
  1. Main: Sigilloux Durandaut (Balmung) - Bookkeeper, he can help you keep track of your profits, losses, and general finances. His short term goals are to impress his new employer(s) and to travel around the world; Long term goals are to dig into his past and unearth some family history that has been kept from him since he was little.

2. Alt: Chaghagan Qestir (Siren) - A bit of a WIP, I'm looking for a community on Siren to join/link up with! Hopefully more people interested in bumming around the Steppes or banding together to explore beyond it. He's a personal RP challenge, as I've never really played a silent character before. I'm happy to brainstorm ideas if interacting with a Qestir interests you, as I'm not married to any particular plans for this one yet.

• How did you learn about the coalition? I've kept an eye on it over time, though never have been an active member.
  • What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Medium-Casual, I may invest further time if (we) work on something interesting together! I'm fairly familiar with the lore, though I am no encyclopedia source of it. I like being flexible with lore and love creating new ideas with others based on the foundation information given in game. Let's get creative!!
  • Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? I'm an artist. Though I will not do requests, I'm happy to do art-trades; The only caveat is that I have a very busy work-life schedule that leaves little time to hobby at times. 

It's very nice to meet you all, hope to chat soon! : )

Edited by SilverRuby

Hey there and welcome to the RPC!
I do wish you luck with Siren, I know their RP community comes & goes. They do try, but it doesn't seem to stick to well, so I really hope you can find some like minded individuals there, as the server itself always seemed like a nice one from what I can recall.

Other than that, welcome to the family!

4 hours ago, Koti Nexus said:

Hey there and welcome to the RPC!
I do wish you luck with Siren, I know their RP community comes & goes. They do try, but it doesn't seem to stick to well, so I really hope you can find some like minded individuals there, as the server itself always seemed like a nice one from what I can recall.

Other than that, welcome to the family!

Hopefully I can find some, if not, oh well... I can maybe find something elsewhere. xD

Thank you for the warm welcome!

16 hours ago, SilverRuby said:

Hopefully I can find some, if not, oh well... I can maybe find something elsewhere. xD

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Not a problem, if you don't have any luck there, well-- you are on Balmung, haha. The other RP servers are that of Mateus and Omega, which have strong, established RP communities, and we are part of the RPC family. Not saying the others are not, mind you, just when it comes to thriving, those are the three.

I do believe someone on Ultros however, @Rosso Porta-vita , is also trying to get another community rolling, which will add to another layer of the RPC family.
I would say in the end though, make some alts on the servers that state they have rp, go look into them, like Ultros, Goblin, even Mateus and Omega (if you don't mind more EU than NA), and see what is there.

One more, best of luck and take care!

17 hours ago, LiadansWhisper said:

Welcome! :) I don't know much about Siren, but my main is on Balmung so perhaps we'll run into one another at some point. :)

Thank you! And I'm sure we will! :) I'm usually on Balmung grinding for things on my main. We'll just say the Siren ask was a hopeful poke to see if I could unearth anyone! xD 

1 hour ago, Koti Nexus said:

Not a problem, if you don't have any luck there, well-- you are on Balmung, haha. The other RP servers are that of Mateus and Omega, which have strong, established RP communities, and we are part of the RPC family. Not saying the others are not, mind you, just when it comes to thriving, those are the three.

I do believe someone on Ultros however, @Rosso Porta-vita , is also trying to get another community rolling, which will add to another layer of the RPC family.
I would say in the end though, make some alts on the servers that state they have rp, go look into them, like Ultros, Goblin, even Mateus and Omega (if you don't mind more EU than NA), and see what is there.

One more, best of luck and take care!

Yeah, I'd probably try Mateus, but the group of friends I have are all on Siren already, we clustered there to make an FC house. It's not the end of the world. If I get bit real bad by the RP bug I'll try Mateus/Omega/Ultros, and you're right, I'm already on Balmung anyway. xD Thanks for the tips!