The Screenshot Thread [Tag Your Spoilers]

So I've not played FFXI or FFXIV and this is my first chance to play the beta. All I can really say is, so many good feels, especially after riding a :chocobo: for the first time :D

(I literally spent the whole ten minutes running about humming the song)

Anyway, after finally getting a full set of matching armour, I feel kind of epic.

UpsxM7N.jpg

p.s @Zyrusticae, what program did you use for that lighting effect? I saw it posted somewhere ages a go and I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

I took a handful the other day. Not as many as I'd have liked, though.

Playing with the new visor feature.

UaVBGyH.jpg

Poked around Coerthas. Don't know why I didn't take more screenshots, as the zone is gorgeous, but I did manage to snap a photo of this guy. Always happy to see enemies from Ivalice making their way into XIV.

CTdoXMW.jpg

Made a new friend. Squealed with joy when I found out these little guys were in-game, seeing as my character is a Magitek Engineer. Staged a little raid to "borrow" some supplies from the Garleans so he could be crafted.

Yn6aBfT.jpg

Started to get down to business. Finished up getting my missing Darklight pieces.

LN9rpVq.jpg

Had a buddy in my Free Company triple meld some pants for me, too. Yay Materia~

GxKhFgx.jpg

And lastly, I decided to finish the night off by stirring up more trouble with the Imperials.

Q6IocFT.jpgEgCocAR.jpgxcFCigZ.jpgghjCbqj.jpgJF1YCqA.jpgkxYoYR7.jpg

p.s @Zyrusticae, what program did you use for that lighting effect? I saw it posted somewhere ages a go and I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

SweetFX.

I'm using these settings. They're pretty extreme at times, but I like what it does to metal textures.

I got excited and tried to make it work, but I don't see any difference in my game (>_<;

I wonder if there's anything else I have to do other than simply pasting Sweet FX in the game folder...

I'm taking a lot of screenshots, but I won't post any until I make them pretty, haha.

I did my first dungeons! They were exciting, but I must admit that playing as a healer in Tera was more fun (even if Tera overall wasn't).

tumblr_mrptgjEnhk1sa36iko1_1280.jpg

I almost got our tanker killed because I was distracted taking screens, but luckily, everyone survived in the end. I shouldn't do that again... (._.)

I did my first dungeons! They were exciting, but I must admit that playing as a healer in Tera was more fun (even if Tera overall wasn't)

I'm with you there. It's extremely easy. Usually I just spam Cure on the Tank, and if someone gets targeted I'll just switch. I'm sure it might get harder later on. I actually enjoy it this way though. Much less stressful! 

Usually I never do dungeons because of stress, but healing is so lax I can get away with it. Without powering down! :thumbsup:

I did my first dungeons! They were exciting, but I must admit that playing as a healer in Tera was more fun (even if Tera overall wasn't).

tumblr_mrptgjEnhk1sa36iko1_1280.jpg

I almost got our tanker killed because I was distracted taking screens, but luckily, everyone survived in the end. I shouldn't do that again... (._.)

That's a great screenshot.  :)

I admit, healing is very boring right now, but that's to be expected.  We have exactly two healing spells.  Two.  And that's all we'll have until the late 20s.  So yes, it's exceedingly boring if you are an experienced healer and are used to more difficult content.

I'm pretty sure I'm telling my friend Trademere to tank with no pants on so that I can have something entertaining to do.  I was falling asleep in the last Sastasha run I did.

Edited to add: Don't beat yourself up too much about almost losing the tank. If he dipped that quickly, it stands to reason that he did something silly - turned his back to mobs, overpulled, didn't use a CD correctly, didn't do his rotation correctly, etc. Plus, everyone does silly things at some point as a healer. Like the time I had Leap of Faith (i.e. grip a friendly party member to you) keybound to the keybind I used to use for a healing spell I used for tank maintenance. And forgot that it wasn't keybound to that anymore. And Lifegripped the tank to me. Across the room. When the boss did a frontal cone. >.> Oh oh, and the time I fell off the giant angry dragon boss's back because I misjudged a jump. The time I dispelled someone's debuff at the wrong moment and completely wiped the raid (it killed errrrrrybody). Think of them as amusing anecdotes to relate to your friends later on. :D

Haha, I guess everyone is bound to make mistakes sometimes. As a healer, I think I'll be depressed if I let anyone die someday.

I actually don't mind easy games. I like playing relaxed too *laughs*. I just think that dynamic systems are more fun; I've never been a fan of point and click to start with, and after playing Mabinogi:Heroes (Vindictus) and Tera, FFXIV's system feels like a huge step back.

In any case, I'm not in the game for the combat system, since that's not what truly matters to me in the end. The game is still a lot of fun and I love it, especially because it has many RP possibilities.

The game is still a lot of fun and I love it, especially because it has many RP possibilities.

Code for: /joy on Miqo'te. CUTENESS OVERLOAD.

The /joy for Lalafell makes me fall over, the cuteness is so strong.

And yes, the reason I'm so interested in FFXIV is the RP aspect and the crafting.  The combat is still a bit slow for me, but that's okay.  I get enough screaming insanity in WoW at the moment.

The game is still a lot of fun and I love it, especially because it has many RP possibilities.

Code for: /joy on Miqo'te. CUTENESS OVERLOAD.

The /joy for Lalafell makes me fall over, the cuteness is so strong.

And yes, the reason I'm so interested in FFXIV is the RP aspect and the crafting.  The combat is still a bit slow for me, but that's okay.  I get enough screaming insanity in WoW at the moment.

Using the bed in a Inn as a lLalafell - not sure if it is the same for a female character, but seeing that sealed it for me - my main RP character will be a Lalafel come hell or high water.

ffxiv_08182013_075956_zps16b5a411.jpg

The horror of being mobbed by flowers!!!!  :bouncy:

Using the bed in a Inn as a lLalafell - not sure if it is the same for a female character, but seeing that sealed it for me - my main RP character will be a Lalafel come hell or high water.

I actually lured an unwary friend of mine to the Beta by showing her Lalafell emotes.  *steeples fingers*