The Screenshot Thread [Tag Your Spoilers]

Can I pester you to explain what your settings are or how you got the game to look as nice as the screenshots in your album? The colors are way more vibrant than what I have seen so far.

Sure. I'm using this version of SweetFX and using these settings.

I also have 4x SGSSAA enabled through Nvidia Inspector, using these AA bits: 0x004012C1

There's a guide for how to do that, here. Yes, this requires an Nvidia card.

I hope this helps. :)

Sure. I'm using this version of SweetFX and using these settings.

I also have 4x SGSSAA enabled through Nvidia Inspector, using these AA bits: 0x004012C1

There's a guide for how to do that, here. Yes, this requires an Nvidia card.

I hope this helps. :)

Awesome, now if only I could get logged back in so I could check out how much better my game will look with this. :frustrated:

Also, how much of a performance hit did you notice adding all that in?

SweetFX has a negligable performance hit (1-2 FPS). 4x SGSSAA, however, cuts my FPS in half (so unless you're getting 90+ FPS normally, you'll probably want to downgrade to 2x SGSSAA).

Edit: So, since I'm kind of bored because of the dreaded Error 3102 blocking my progress, I decided to remake one of my alts. Her name's Seras Celestia, and she's a Midlander.

822bdp4.jpg

lXzsran.jpg

Adventuring is fun, took over a hundred screenshots in hopes of getting some not terrible ones, so I'll just be looking through that while waiting for early access.

A few from my adventures to places that are much higher level than me and I almost died a lot; that carbuncle seriously took quite a few hits for the team on that trip!

9JaMmPL.jpg

iqrmHb2.jpg

crWEb2r.jpg

qPckuXx.jpg

HEfgFDu.jpg

3UVdhfi.jpg

Then I noticed this juggling Lalafell in Ul'dah that I had apparantly missed every single time there, and spent more time than I'd like to admit staring at him.

yqD7EX0.jpg

Also these two, who taught me many things, for one, there are pipe animations.

vTVTPs8.jpg

Here are a few of my favorites from this weekend :)

Limsa <3

ACAO15u.jpg

DEM SHORTS

sp8qwt9.jpg

I understand equal opportunity employment, but I don't think this guy is going to be very good at his job.

ECnLpW6.jpg

So pretty.  I think this is going to be my new desktop background.

d0rW75N.jpg

That is one sharp lookin' dude.

Aij1U5w.jpg

Iitryo is adorable, especially with that bow!

Thanks shame that I couldn't remember which quest awards the glasses, I think it would make him a bit more adorkable.

I think I can make a pair of the clear eye-glass style glasses, as a jeweler or whatever it's called.>.> Not sure what style you had, thoug.h

Our Free Company spent the entire weekend farming and prepping for Early Access, and we managed to churn out a bunch of the 50 crafting sets tonight. :>

Had the visor, but I managed to get the rest of my Armorer Gear~

hv9TnDF.jpgGwqVFCe.jpggfSjm34.jpgwBvqf6r.jpg

Went exploring in the Sapsa Spawning Grounds too, and decided to poke around Zahar'ak to see what had changed. All the Strongholds have neat looking Aetherytes in them, now.

Ecahn9j.jpg0wVvk1I.jpg

Here's a few of the cooler ones I was able to get before 3102 struck (these may be clicked to enlarge, and are probably of varying sizes as I tinkered a lot with my resolution settings quite a bit):

Coerthas:

By and far my favorite zone, there's lot of interesting stuff to see here, this glowy red rock formation struck me as being somewhat interesting.

SS_glowyred.png

Proceeding south there is a structure called "Monument Tower" you can actually ascend, and this next screenshot is a view from the top of the mountains at night.  I meant to come back and check it again when the weather was a bit clearer, but never got the chance.  I wonder what that glowing white stuff in the mountains is...

SS_glowywhite.png

Obligatory screenshot of Ishgard as Aysun and I explored the area:

SS_Ishgard.png

Mor Dhona:

While I prefer Coerthas, I think Mor Dhona has such an ethereal beauty to it now:

SS_MorDhona.png

Twelveswood:

This is just a cool picture of a rainbow formed by a waterfall near Gridania

SS_Rainbow.png

This one was taken somewhere in the South Shroud, I think.

SS_Shroud.png

The Sylvan Lands are pretty extensive - possibly moreso than Gridania.  As I ran through in terror, I managed to get this screenshot!

SS_SylphLand.png

...and then I made a clone of Eva on a JP server just so I could check out the housing area, which was pretty sweet:

Mist:

For Sale signs~

SS_Mist2.png

This was taken after messing with my HUD settings a bit since I never really had a chance to do that on my Balmung character, cuz exploring was more important to me!  But it was also a good view of the broader area of Mist from a vantage point I found on a rooftop:

SS_Mist1.png