The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central)

YesGood

What do you do at the tournament?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do at the tournament?

Well someone told me that graphics cards work better over a slow fire so I was like "duh" clearly fire+90% of most things equals amazing.

All kidding aside it seemed to be going through a slow death but its under warranty and under repair atm lol.  I'll be back soonish just not sure when /sigh

Well at least it's being fixed. We look forward to seeing you when you come back! Q.Q *puts forth a prayer for your computer's wellness* There will be many tournaments assuming Sylas doesn't asplode everything in my absence.

Sounds awesome!  I know I'm debating to IC give Brave a reason to learn about a sword and board.  Maybe I can see its effectiveness in a "Gladiator" match

Sio has room for mooooar apprentices. O_O Or at least sparring mates. She does love to fight male Roegadyn. Easy wins. Though I suppose realistically that'd have to wait until she's less sickly. Is he a sword+boarder or does he specialize in something else currently?

Right now he's a Warrior.  Ideally the character would use a Greatsword or his fists for now I have to settle with a Greataxe lol.  The idea was to have him leave his village and try to be a force for good.  A promise he made to his now decease wife.  I kmow its pretty gary stu but I've also really over simplified it ><  I was on page 22 (question 53 I think) of my 100 questions when my compy died so I've pretty much been forum lurking and chatting with my guildies who are probably getting close to their first 50's by now /sigh I miss FFXIV

Well someone told me that graphics cards work better over a slow fire so I was like "duh" clearly fire+90% of most things equals amazing.

All kidding aside it seemed to be going through a slow death but its under warranty and under repair atm lol.  I'll be back soonish just not sure when /sigh

Well at least it's being fixed. We look forward to seeing you when you come back! Q.Q *puts forth a prayer for your computer's wellness* There will be many tournaments assuming Sylas doesn't asplode everything in my absence.

Sounds awesome!  I know I'm debating to IC give Brave a reason to learn about a sword and board.  Maybe I can see its effectiveness in a "Gladiator" match

Sio has room for mooooar apprentices. O_O Or at least sparring mates. She does love to fight male Roegadyn. Easy wins. Though I suppose realistically that'd have to wait until she's less sickly. Is he a sword+boarder or does he specialize in something else currently?

Right now he's a Warrior.  Ideally the character would use a Greatsword or his fists for now I have to settle with a Greataxe lol.  The idea was to have him leave his village and try to be a force for good.  A promise he made to his now decease wife.  I kmow its pretty gary stu but I've also really over simplified it ><  I was on page 22 (question 53 I think) of my 100 questions when my compy died so I've pretty much been forum lurking and chatting with my guildies who are probably getting close to their first 50's by now /sigh I miss FFXIV

Keeping it simple is key when you're aiming to develop! And Sio's a force for good (for nao). She can totally help a sea-brother out! I just feel so bad for you. What would I do without my computer?! Die, perhaps. Well, I guess that'd be more likely if I ordered my groceries through the interwebz.

...We have chickens here. But I'd die of boredom.

Is there a class that uses claymores yet? I've seen some pretty long swords but they're always one-handers. Freaks me out after WoW.

Keeping it simple is key when you're aiming to develop! And Sio's a force for good (for nao). She can totally help a sea-brother out! I just feel so bad for you. What would I do without my computer?! Die, perhaps. Well, I guess that'd be more likely if I ordered my groceries through the interwebz.

...We have chickens here. But I'd die of boredom.

Is there a class that uses claymores yet? I've seen some pretty long swords but they're always one-handers. Freaks me out after WoW.

Well they don't have classes that use claymores yet but rumor is that it will be dark knight.  Personally I hope they go runic knight like Celes but I doubt that will happen.  I just know that Brave uses a greatsword and as soon as it is available I'll be in line to make it happen.  As for computer woes its not too bad.  I still have ps3 and crunchy roll/netflix will keep me entertained in the mean time.  I do want to rp something bad though ><

I think I'll have  Garden join and attend one of these, I'll mark it on our calenders.

The more the merrier! Just remember that it's first come first serve up to sixteen and other various details are on the OP.

Look forward to seeing you there and I should be there this Saturday.

UPDATE: Due to our large number of members and our desire to incorporate as many others as are willing to attend, a new LS has been established for ONLY fighters and healers. The name of this LS is 'Grindstone Coalition' and I hope all our tournament fighters and healers will please help to clear space in The Grindstone LS for spectators by joining the new LS and eventually leaving the original.

This actually sounds kind of fun. If I am reading right the next tourney would be Saturday? I Might have to have U'roh make a appearance!

That is correct! I advise that anyone who has time before a tournament, if you want to participate in the tournament to please try to get in touch with a Grindstone member and see if you can't get an IC sparring match. Just to test out the system and see how you like it before the pressure of doing it in front of spectators!

I hate to keep reposting on this thread but one must do what one must do. Unexpectedly I was unable to attend the tournament last night and it was brought to my attention that there were no where NEAR enough participants (literally four total) to hold the tournament. I am entirely uncertain as to why this would be and I had been under the impression that during my short break things had been going well.

Regardless, if there is something the matter that you are aware of please PM it to me. Otherwise, I'll be back from this point forward, breathing down necks and the like. ^_^ Got to get back on that RP train, I suppose.1

I know there was a Halloween IC party ongoing at the same time - that may have contributed.

I had no idea! It was suggested by an anonymous source that maybe people were getting worn out on the idea which is sad but inevitable someday. At least there was another facto. Ty Lament

For the record, I was there - there were a few spectators, maybe about 15 people total? Some folks arrived late, too. There just weren't enough contestants, I think. I myself would've participated, but... I suck at combat RP haha sob.

But if you feel people are maybe getting worn out (which is probably inevitable, yes) you could try holding it less often? More of a downtime may lead to people missing it/preparing better for it. :o

Though it's probably best to wait and see if the trend continues, at least for now.

I second the idea of this occurring less often, as much as I love RP events. There's a concern people may be getting burned out on these; the numbers last night were small, though to be fair, I'm sure a good amount of people were off at Halloween parties and such. (I understand there may have even been one in game, which could draw numbers away.)

I'd recommend (and I'm awesome, so my opinion matters!) going to one day a week, and if numbers pick back up again, maybe go back to two? Regardless, I'll go however often it's held assuming I can make it.

I think one day a week would be easier on me as well. I suppose it comes down to which day people would prefer, Wednesday or Saturday? Thank you guys for the feedback, I think the other day a week will be dedicated to 'training' new people in how to do combat RP so that they're a bit more comfortable by the time the tournament comes around. I've had it suggested and was considering it but running events three days a week just seemed like too much to handle. I've also had it suggested that people should participate in at least one 'practice' session before putting them into the tournament to prevent situations that might require retcons. Since we have plenty of people now, I don't think it's a bad idea.