The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central)

YesGood

What do you do at the tournament?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do at the tournament?

The Grindstone is finished for 2017. Tonight we had 51 people turn up to fight (technically 50 after someone DC'd right at the start, but shhhh) and help us ring in the new year. So before revealing who won our 222th Grindstone, here's a list of everyone who has won in 2017!

Dishel Dinwell

Percival Turner

Honus Himself

Livicette Rillemont

Mathias Renderra

Wanderer Gadieo

Mugen Branwen

Sayori Farcloud

Moon Kito

Kalizej Dotharl

Jahan Nejem

Roland Mccloud

Alleria Surlaint

L'veyu Carrin

Celestus Shinozaki

Eshyn Veneanar

Aysa Farland

Rhuketar Sel'rybaen

W'chaza Yheli

Swyreyn Keltiyrn

Berrod Armstrong

Beexu Spiritbreaker

Keiichi Jejeichi

Ehpo Pekhti

Percival Turner

Oliver Delvants

Talan Dracht

Vektis Sol

Subtle Raptor

Saiya Tayuun

Ramona Zale

Reika Yuzuka

Keira Rioux

Lily Verlial

Taylor Vespon

Livicette Rillemont

Annunu Nunu

November Luckberry

Denz De'bayle

Reinhardt Pendragon

Ruruni Runi

Videra Svenay

Nyt'aris Suyn

Josiah Covey

Steel Rose

Obsidian Darksian

Percival Turner

Vilette Laurent

Errol Vennoix

Kerain North

Chee Smith

And with that, I am pleased to announce the winner, in their first-ever Grindstone victory...

W'maine Malha! W'piqoi Malha!

1wcTQ3g.jpg

Thank you to everyone who has supported us through the year(s) and the people who turn up just to watch! This event continues to live on because of the folks who turn up for it, and I know I've beat this drum a lot and you're all tired of it, but it's the truth.

We're all super excited for next week's Fight Auction night, continuing the semi-regular event we do twice(ish) a year to help continue to fund the prize purse. Show up and throw down some money if you have an opponent you want to fight, or on a pair of fighters you always wanted to see duke it out! It's the only chance to book fights YOU want to see, and even the staff is on hand if you want to fight an overseer or a healer (healers only if they agree!).

It's been an unreal journey for everyone involved since ARR launched, and we thank you.

Tonight's 4-hour marathon Grindstone was attended by a ridiculous 71 fighters thirsting for combat! Congratulations to A'vraiya Tia on his hard-earned victory, and here's a picture of him being flocked by ladyfolk immediately following his win.

VKe5UDy.jpg

I'm going to bed. Thanks to everyone who turned up tonight, and to the healthy crowd that lingered through the ending fight too!

Tonight saw 42 brave souls line up in Central Thanalan for the chance to become Grindstone Champion! With the previous champ knocked out in an earlier round, the finals came down to a longtime veteran and a relative newcomer, with the Grindstone culminating in the midnight hour! Rebel Yell screams more more more and is the newest champ!

oyVyQGO.jpg

Edited by Warren Castille
can't into images
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tonight's Grindstone is in the bag! It's been TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY WEEKS since this thing began and we're proud to crown the newest champion in Evening Fist who finally takes home the title after numerous tries. He had to best multiple promising newcomers to do so, and to be honest we all expected one of them to take the whole thing!

nepotism

lJCa5V4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, the thread's being updated again!

Last week's Grindstone saw Evening Fist repeat his previous victory, making him one of the rare few to not only win multiple times, but to do it in back to back weeks! This week we crowned yet another first-time-fighter as our new champ. Congratulations to Temujin Moks, who won the night with a giant suplex!

STI6ktW.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It's normal to wait a few weeks between posts for a weekly event, right...?

Anyway! Congratulations to Freyja Odinsdottir, Livicette Rillemont and Rokuro Dataq for their victories! For some reason I don't have a shot of Freyja, but here's our other two recent champs!

YT7X5YT.jpg

nAdHJKt.jpg

In other news, we're happy to announce that July 7th will make the return of our semi-annual Fight Auctions! I'll put together a new thread with the details, but it will largely operate the same as the previous ones, where people can bid gil on who their first opponent will be. As always we'll also be allowing people to bid on the ability to fight Grindstone staff, so everyone who wants to fight Judge, mark the date!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

New year, new resolution to keep the thread bumped!

I sadly don't have any pictures because I forgot to set up new folders and they errored out on me, but hey! Last week saw a fairly successful end of the year FIGHT AUCTION NIGHT and tonight began the new "season" of the Grindstone! Congratulations to our first new winner, Joyce Blythe!

...next time, more pictures.