The Grindstone - Saturdays at 10 PM EST (9 PM Central)

YesGood

What do you do at the tournament?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do at the tournament?

10 PM EST on 10.29.13 We will be holding a meeting for potential and existing Overseers of the Grindstone. If you are interested in becoming an Overseer, we have three basic jobs:

1. Ref'ing matches between our members. We need at least three of these on a regular basis. As our tournaments will likely be cut down to only Saturdays each week, I'd like to rotate our Overseers so that they can also participate if they desire to.

2. Healing leaders + Trainers for the Grindstone. As of now either Lottie or Norlaise or Skaenmoen or some combination of those individuals will fill the healing leader positions. This means they're in charge of making sure all healers are capable and organized during and between the events. Trainers should have plenty of time available and I'd like to make sure they specialize in one or two physical arts.

3. Recruiters. Pretty self-explanatory but it's a necessary and much appreciated job during the event as well as between events.

I'd like to be able to list the individuals who fill each position. If for some reason an Overseer just cannot attend, has not attended, or is otherwise unable ICly or OOCly to fulfill their duties, I will be forced to remove their privileges until such a time that these things can be corrected. 

ICly there will be a notation posted on the flyers with the above date and 'Looking for healers, trainers, recruiters, and Overseers for the Grindstone'. Short and sweet.

I'd recommend Saturdays, also for purely selfish reasons. It's easier to stay up late, for one thing.

My experience has also been that there's more folks on a Saturday (this week notwithstanding) but the overseers might have better insight on that one.

Whichever you choose, I'll be there.

I'm going to vote Wednesdays for purely selfish reasons. Despite Lottie's objections, Teveriel is probably going to enter a melee very soon. Be gentle. <3

You expect Sio to be gentle? *eyebrow lift*

Nope, not at all. :)

OHAI THERE.  :tonberry:

Also - Wednesdays are best for me. I work on Saturday until 11 pm and usually the events are in mid-swing or nearly done by the time I'm home and in my jammies. And I have no problem being one of the Healing leaders; it's fun to make sure all the healers have their respectful groups and having a chance to get some roleplay in between them all. So if you need anything of me beyond the matches to organise anything, just poke me!

Stop canceling! D= gosh..

Can't do it! Can't stop! We're trying to organize our authority better so that issues in the future won't arise and doing new events will be quicker. Speaking of which, I'll be adding the following list to our directory page and updating it when necessary:

Arbiter:

Siobhain Surtsthalwyn

Leaders:

Qaeli Varily (Recruitment/Relations)

Gharen Wolfsong (Training)

Sylas Peregrine (Overseeing/Ref Leader)

Fystrael Abylstyrwyn (OOC Public Relations)

--

Overseers:

Val Nunh (Trainer - Lancer)

Klarimel Surthsthalsyn (Trainer - Marauder)

Lottie Forsaidh (Healing Leader)

Davian Ackerman (Overseer/Organizer)

Norlaise Guillemot (Healing Leader)

Fleeting Dawn (Recruitment ? )

Khyros Oroban (Pending)

Kesai Amaryo (Recruitment ?)

Kah'li Tayuun (Pending)

A'khenna Khai (Overseer/Recruitment)

Fenenoix Ekrent (Recruitment)

10.02.13 Saturday - EVENT

We'll be holding our regularly scheduled blood match tournament outside Ul'dah today. Apologies to everyone who was disappointed by our cancelling the last event but that will not happen again. Look forward to seeing you all there.

Edit:

U'roh Tia was our winner! <333

Hear ye, hear ye!

Like to fight, but not fond of nicking your femoral artery?

Enjoy brawling for bruises instead of blood?

Join members of the Grindstone for Training Night, next and (most) every Wednesday night, starting at 10p.m. EST!

Learn the rudiments of RP combat tourney-style and feel comfort in knowing that your character won't take a lance to the knee before become a guard in Ul'dah.

Central Thanalan bridge, just outside the Gate of Nald.  Leather and blunted weapons only.

(  Pans allowed, not crockery or knives or spitting forks for Culinary guild  students.  )

Just for the record (I'm sure it's been mentioned, but I'm chiming in here anyways), combats don't take level or equipment into account. They're done using a random number generator, and it's entirely possible for someone to create a level 1 character and immediately win a Grindstone tournament. So don't wait, or you'll be late!

And sometimes you'll get to be healed by C'kayah, if you come. That's always an experience! As opposed to a certain "healer" who's name starts with an "E", C'kayah has never caused a patient to scream or burst into flames.