Rendezvous of Stars

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoop! Still here! If anyone would like, feel free to come to our monthly Host Club on Saturday to visit us. (I'm on mobile so can't directly link, but the event post is linked on the calendar post.) :cactuar:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still alive, woot woot!

We're getting ready to close our current plot arc Saturday and initiate the Next Big Reveal, which is very exciting. After that point, our IC News and Current Events sections will be updated with the latest info regarding where we're at in our overall story.

If you'd like to know more about what this linkshell provides our players, check [HERE].

If you want to know more about our OoC culture, check [HERE]. I know it may seem like a lot of OoC Policies and Guidelines, but I think the majority of it is common sense, and it helps us be transparent in what we expect from our players. The IC stuff is just what fits for our linkshell theme: 'ordinary' people being brought together by extraordinary circumstances, and the OoC stuff is to maximize everyone getting along.

If you want to know more about our RP itself, we keep a pretty good record of random RP logs.

If you don't feel like reading a bunch of dusty old logs though, you can also feel free to stop by our IC 'Job Faire' booth to meet us and RP with us if you'd like!

Okay, that's all I have! Here's looking forward to another great year! :moogle:

If it wasn't for the last thing on your list of no's, my alt would of tried to apply. As is, he doesn't remember anything of where he came from and only has memories of his arrival. O well, I'll have to find another way to get him Astro icly. I plan to slowly have him gain memories and Astro might of been a possible way.

If it wasn't for the last thing on your list of no's, my alt would of tried to apply. As is, he doesn't remember anything of where he came from and only has memories of his arrival. O well, I'll have to find another way to get him Astro icly. I plan to slowly have him gain memories and Astro might of been a possible way.

Your interest is still appreciated! Although we're not really an Astrologian-themed linkshell, so we may not be what you're looking for anyway, haha.

It's more that the plot of the linkshell is linked with the stars and celestial aether in general, but not necessarily tied to the Astrologian job class or the celestial gates. (This linkshell has been in existence for almost 3 years -- well before that job class was ever announced. If anything, SE copied us! ;) )

It is unfortunate that your alt wouldn't be a good fit with our group, though. I'm sure they're a very interesting and creative character, and there's nothing wrong with playing a dimension-hopper in general! It's just that something like that would clash with our theme of "ordinary people who find themselves in the midst of extraordinary circumstances."

Even still, I wish you the best of luck in your RPs and character storylines! Maybe you could try posting that you're looking for an Astrologian mentor over in the Making Connections thread if you haven't already tried that route?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We're still around, but we've decided to enter an app freeze. A lot of people have been doing character swaps or returning after long absences lately, so our administrative workload is too full to give the proper care and attention to new players at the moment.

Feel free to keep an eye on this space for when our doors will be open again. Hopefully not too long! :cactuar:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We're still around, although we may be entering another app freeze soon!

As a general announcement, we aren't currently accepting any IC Red Mage character concepts, as we do not yet know the scope or rarity of their abilities. That may change after the expansion drops and we learn what they're all about, but for now we're erring on the side of caution so that no one has to do any uncomfortable retcons.

We don't have any new rules other than that, as everything else is very much listed in our Guidelines and Policies forum~!

Regarding where we are in our plot, that's all generally answered [here] or [here]!

Here's looking forward to a busy June month. :cactuar:

• 1 month later...

Monthly boop!

Still here, still going strong, getting back into our plot stuff!

We hope to open our apps again sometime next week. Our review of the new job lore in Stormblood is taking a bit longer than anticipated, but we're approaching the finish line in terms of that process. :cactuar:

If you want to check us out and RP with us a bit in the meantime, our monthly Host Club event is a week from today.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

YES! THE REVISIONS TO OUR GUIDELINES ARE FINALLY COMPLETE, AND WE ARE LIFTING OUR APP FREEZE.

You can check out some of the revisions in the "FAQ" and "Rules/Applicant Info" tabs above. <3

All of our posts in our Guidelines & Policies forum have a fresh coat of proverbial paint as well. It was a huge undertaking, but I think it's well worth it to have the specifics of our OoC culture more clearly defined. Now it'll be a lot easier to tell whether our group is in line with what you're looking for, or so I hope!

Happy RPing, everybody. :moogle:

• 3 weeks later...

New month, new post! It's mind-blowing to believe our humble group has been around for 3.5 years, but it's nonetheless true.

My sincerest thanks to the staff and membership who continue to make our community possible, and to Balmung in general for supporting our monthly public event. It's been a fun ride so far, and we're still a long way from disembarking (from Mr. Bones' Wild Ride.)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...