Rendezvous of Stars

Our app freeze has been lifted and we are accepting apps again, woohoo!

However, I'd like to offer an important disclaimer about us in the spirit of fairness and transparency. We use our guild website quite a bit. We use it for coordination purposes, for scheduling RP, and even a portion of our core concept (the 'shared dreams' aspect) is 100% on the website. If you don't like checking in on or using guild sites, we probably wouldn't be a good fit for you. (But thankfully, there are many other RP guilds out there who aren't as reliant on such things. I'm just talking about our own!) Using the website is important to us for many reasons, though a couple of reasons are: the ease of inclusion and communication for our lovely EU members, and for staff to disseminate important information to everyone regardless of one's personal playtime schedule.

Also, please read through the introduction text that is offered prior to applying. This should appear before you officially submit an app on our site, and contains a sufficiency of information about us which can help you decide if we're right for you. ^^v

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Your recruitment status says open, but the latest message says there is an app freeze. Is the freeze still in effect?

That's a legit question! It's been kind of peculiar with us lately, but I'll try my best to explain.

We've been under an app freeze, it's true, but people can still put in an application on our site, at which point they go on a wait list. Right now, the average wait time before we can get to a new app is ~2-3 weeks (since our screening for new members takes a full month.) I understand that many people may not wish to wait that long, and I also understand that it can be a pain to keep checking in on your app over such a stretch of time. But! It's the best we can do with our current staff size in relation to the number of apps we receive, so [insert latin phrase here about life]. ;)

After we clear out the backlog of waitlisted apps, and are able to process apps on a more 'instant'/normal basis, I'll be lifting the app freeze.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope that explanation helped clear things up!

• 1 month later...

*Flinches as she pulls the lever to the confetti cannon*

*kerfloof*

We're officially out from under our app freeze! Woohoo! *moogle dance troupe* :moogle::moogle::moogle:

If anyone would like to apply to our LS (and optional corresponding FC), they are welcome. HOWEVER! I feel it would be irresponsible to announce this without mentioning a couple of things first. To be honest, there are some things about our guild that don't necessarily agree with all people, and I'd like to be transparent about them up front. It's perfectly and absolutely fine if we're not right for you, and we take no personal grievance if that's the case!

1.) We use our website. A lot. Our LS isn't just a Host Club, and a portion of our actual concept exists entirely on the website and not in game. Namely, I'm talking about the shared dreams that the marked experience, and the IC bulletin board that everyone has access to ICly.

People who ignore our website tend to find themselves routinely lost in the goings on of the plot or what's happening, and it's usually not a good experience for them! Staff also uses the website to communicate what's going on in the LS, both ICly and OoCly. We just aren't a good fit for people who don't like checking guild sites, as, again, we use ours fairly heavily!

2.) Our storytelling style is geared toward 'average adventurer types'. Our concept is more about ordinary people coming together under an extraordinary circumstances. People still have all of their job abilities as granted by the respective Guilds of Eorzea, but we don't really do anything hyper-powered like routinely taking down Primals or fighting Dragon Lords or anything. (Not that there's anything wrong with that! It's just not what we do.) Characters who are super extraordinary or powerful may not be a good fit with the rest of the group. The average character in our group would still consider Primals to be a deadly threat, and wouldn't single-handedly charge 12 fully-armored guards without expecting to be severely injured.

Of course, if a person is okay with leaving the superhero/Warrior of Light stuff behind with us and just RPing all of that with other groups, that's fine. We have a responsibility to our members to keep everyone roughly the same, to allow each member to shine regardless of what circumstance they're placed in. Our goal is to ensure on one feels insignificant!

Have I mentioned that we also use our website? Because...

:tonberry: ...wE uSe OuR wEbSiTe... :tonberry:

Anyway, those things in mind, we'll get to applications in the order that they come in (pending availability!) Thankye thankye!

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to keep the apps open for as long as I could, but due to the absolutely insane number of new applicants, we're going to have to put the app freeze back up. Hewww! (Really, it's been 15 apps since my last message here, so we definitely need to take some time to help these newbies integrate before taking on any more.)

Unlike before, we won't be taking anyone onto a 'wait list' via applying and waiting on our site. Between the holidays and coming up on the end of our major arc, we thought this would be the best decision for now.

Apologies for the inconvenience! I'll post here as soon as we're accepting applications again. In the meantime, we still intend to hold our monthly public event via the Host Club, and that means that there will be a few new faces on the Hosting side of things to look forward to!

• 1 month later...

Boop! Still alive and well, although not quite able to lift our app freeze just yet.

We do have our monthly public Host Club event on Sunday, though! Details and post link are on la calendar~ :cactuar:

• 1 month later...

Now that things have settled post-finale, we're back out from under our app freeze again! I went ahead and quoted the message below because it is still very relevant, and important for anyone trying to determine if we are a good fit with their RP philosophy. For example, IC Summoners are perfectly fine for an RP concept, but the knowledge, skillset, and Primal-hunting involved in unlocking those abilities is a bit beyond the power level of this LS's story.

In terms of lore, while we do bend the lore a little if something is "highly plausible," we generally stick to what has been specifically demonstrated in the game as a template for character approval. This can be a difficult line to describe, as each group has a different placement of this boundary. We'll always try to work out a way for a character to fit in with us if there's an incompatibility here, but we also respect and understand if a player does not wish to change, edit, or omit certain things about their character to get along with the larger group.

Again, this is not to say there is anything bad or wrong with ANY character concept, and we will review any and all with fairness and friendliness! I just wanted to ensure people were informed as to what sort of group we were upfront for the purpose of clarity. Happy RPing! ^^

*Flinches as she pulls the lever to the confetti cannon*

*kerfloof*

We're officially out from under our app freeze! Woohoo! *moogle dance troupe* :moogle::moogle::moogle:

If anyone would like to apply to our LS (and optional corresponding FC), they are welcome. HOWEVER! I feel it would be irresponsible to announce this without mentioning a couple of things first. To be honest, there are some things about our guild that don't necessarily agree with all people, and I'd like to be transparent about them up front. It's perfectly and absolutely fine if we're not right for you, and we take no personal grievance if that's the case!

1.) We use our website. A lot. Our LS isn't just a Host Club, and a portion of our actual concept exists entirely on the website and not in game. Namely, I'm talking about the shared dreams that the marked experience, and the IC bulletin board that everyone has access to ICly.

People who ignore our website tend to find themselves routinely lost in the goings on of the plot or what's happening, and it's usually not a good experience for them! Staff also uses the website to communicate what's going on in the LS, both ICly and OoCly. We just aren't a good fit for people who don't like checking guild sites, as, again, we use ours fairly heavily!

2.) Our storytelling style is geared toward 'average adventurer types'. Our concept is more about ordinary people coming together under an extraordinary circumstances. People still have all of their job abilities as granted by the respective Guilds of Eorzea, but we don't really have hyper-powered characters who yawn while routinely taking down Primals/Dragon Lords/Void Ark/etc. (Not that there's anything wrong with that! It's just not what we do.) Characters who are super extraordinary or powerful may not be a good fit with the rest of the group. The average character in our group would still consider Primals to be a deadly threat, and wouldn't single-handedly charge 12 fully-armored guards without expecting to be severely injured.

Of course, if a person is okay with leaving the superhero/Warrior of Light stuff behind with us and just RPing all of that with other groups, that's fine. We have a responsibility to our members to keep everyone roughly the same, to allow each member to shine regardless of what circumstance they're placed in. Our goal is to ensure on one feels insignificant!

Have I mentioned that we also use our website? Because...

:tonberry: ...wE uSe OuR wEbSiTe... :tonberry:

Anyway, those things in mind, we'll get to applications in the order that they come in (pending availability!) Thankye thankye!

Obligatory March post that we're still active! Although we've already received 14 apps in one week so we may be going into another freeze soon. :dazed:

Here's what our lineup looks like, for funsies with numbers:

Miqo'te - 25

Au Ra - 16

Lalafell - 7

Hyur - 6

Elezen - 6

Roegadyn - 1

Female - 37

Male - 24

*skitters back into her thicket*

Woah! I'm pretty sure every race but Miqo was in single digits last census a couple weeks ago. That's a sudden surge in lizard population!

Statistics are fun! :love:

• 2 weeks later...

Statistics are fun, Arblis. They are indeed. ;)

I've tried to hold off as long as possible, but after accepting 20 new applicants, I think it's time for another freeze. Welcome to everyone who decided to "Rendezvous" with us (har har), and I'll be posting here again when we'll be taking new apps!

Thank you! ♥

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As luck would have it, Alvered, we're opening back up to apps today!

:moogle: App freeze lifted! Hooray hooray! :moogle:

Here is a quick census regarding our gender and race proportions, for funsies-

F: 36

M: 29

Miqo'te: 25

Au Ra: 16

Hyur: 11

Lalafell: 8

Elezen: 4

Roegadyn: 1

Here are a couple of things to note:

I've drummed up an Amenity Guideline, so that people can see exactly what staff provides to our community.

I've also added a new post to our Guidelines section, which entails character traits that are not traditionally compatible with our LS. It may be a good thing to read for any future applicants, so they can understand traits that may not be immediately approved during screening. Some traits have just proven to be too disruptive, either to our plot or to the group in general - so we decided to compile it and post it.

In case it wasn't already apparent, we use our website A LOT. If people don't like guild websites, we're probably not a good fit! Since we do have a plot and we allow people to join the LS only, the website is our primary point of contact from staff to members. Again, using it is very important to stay in the know and to seize all of our RP opportunities!

That all being said, looking forward to meeting you all! ♥

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still alive and kicking and going strong! I'm so excited that this LS continues to inspire collaboration with so many people, and I'm humbled that we're still around after all this time. If you're curious about our current numbers, the breakdown looks a little something like-a this:

Female- 28

Male- 21

Miqo'te- 19

Au Ra- 10

Hyur- 7

Lalafell- 5

Elezen- 5

Roegadyn- 3

I finally updated all of the RPC tabs for this LS to reflect our current Guidelines. So if you're curious about our OoC structure, feel free to check that out! (Very strongly recommended that you read our Rules before applying, heh.)

Or, if you want to check out some of our fun stuff, there's our Amenity Guidebook, our Event Calendar (mostly internal events), and myriad RP Logs if you really want to see what our RP is like.

Happy RP to all, and to all a good night!

• 1 month later...

Hm I am very curious about the LS and Host Club. I've been looking for avenues to expand my involvement in the RP scene. Are you still taking apps?

Hello there!

We're currently open for apps, indeed! The FAQ and Rules/Applicant Info tabs should give you a pretty good idea of our structure and expectations OoCly, if you're curious about that~

If you decide to apply on our site, there's also a brief blurb before the final screen that will tell you a bit more about us. We like to keep people informed - no OoC surprises (although hopefully many interesting IC ones!)