Kudos!

Sultanswarm. Be still my heart.

I know I can't be glad cause I can't take part in that but I always knew it'd be incredibly fun and awesome if we could have done this. I know Natalie and I both have wanted to do it.

Now if only plot did not kick us down...

Ser Castille and Ser Crofte! You must live out my dreams now.

>.>

Ser Castille and Ser Crofte! You must live out my dreams now.

>.>

Have no fear! Ser Crofte shall exonerate you in time!

And thank you to the myriad of people I ran into last night. I want to say it was a slow night, but it seems something was going on at every street corner and table in the Quicksand.

Kinda overdue but we didn't have this thread back then so here goes:

Fleeting Dawn: For helping me really unlock who Hornet is down at her core and having many awesome scenes together.

Dennthota: For being Hornet's omnipresent nemesis. I look forward to our inevitable final show-down.

Salty Lake: For being so wonderfully sweet and derpy.

Kaylie Epocan: For some awesome scenes of growth and healing and hugs.

Dhemgeim: For throwing those parties and generally being awesome at everything.

Someone called in a report of an individual trying to collect a bounty in the middle of the Quicksand last night and within moments three of Ul'dah's Finest were on the scene to keep the peace. I only wish I'd gotten screenshots! Sarial, Lady Crofte, you two are great.

I have to second this all the way. The Sultanswarm was amazing! Also kudos to Sethaner and anyone else who stepped in, AND to the two characters who caused a stir. I sincerely hope the intervention didn't ruin anyone's plans but thanks for being such great sports and rolling with it.

And thank you to those who came by the Goblet for storytime afterward, and to Mykaul and Alexi for contributing stories!

Ahhh yes, Berrod saw the start of this stuff and briskly made his way out of the Quicksand to avoid getting roped into any trouble. It's great to see that it ended up being enjoyable roleplay!

I would like to recognize D'ranmaia Shenn, who I believe was the most interesting character at the Piquant Pumpkin last night. It took me a far to long to realize why she had that cane out. It's even more interesting that she wants to open a host club, and can't even see her hosts!

Oh, wow... I totally just looked into this thread at random and saw this. o///o I didn't even realize anyone else noticed her, haha. Then again, I'm terrible with chat scroll.

Thank you! And yes, being the owner of an up-and-coming business without being able to see what she's doing has been an amusing challenge.

*blushing potato rolls away*

I would like to recognize D'ranmaia Shenn, who I believe was the most interesting character at the Piquant Pumpkin last night.  It took me a far to long to realize why she had that cane out.  It's even more interesting that she wants to open a host club, and can't even see her hosts!

Oh, wow... I totally just looked into this thread at random and saw this. o///o I didn't even realize anyone else noticed her, haha. Then again, I'm terrible with chat scroll.

Thank you! And yes, being the owner of an up-and-coming business without being able to see what she's doing has been an amusing challenge.

*blushing potato rolls away*

Wait you want to open a business too? Ruru is considering the same thing (but a different business altogether) in Limsa soon! :D  *raises glass* Cheers!

Wait you want to open a business too? Ruru is considering the same thing (but a different business altogether) in Limsa soon! :D  *raises glass* Cheers!

Best of luck to us both! And may they yield bounteous troves of RP in the not-too-distant future!

Also, while I'm here, I'd like to give kudos to everyone involved in the Piquant Pumpkin event. I loved the atmosphere, uniforms, and the little details like the bats and menu! (Halloween is my favorite holiday in RL, to the point where my kitchen is Halloween themed, so there's some squee-ing there.) Very well put together, Gus & Co.!

Kudos to Dresden for going along with my character's idea (theoretically), despite the fact that she delivered it in the most brow-raisingly suspicious way possible.

And also to Sethaner (? Please correct me if I'm remembering the wrong name) for emoting an intimidating loom, only for its victim to be sadly oblivious. I was amused. xD

And to Missha, who prompted me to stay far longer than I intended with pleasant conversation and 5-Star customer service! ♥

Kudos for Alexie Volkov and his player for being one of the most ominous characters I've encountered. Alexie uses very short sentences when speaking IC but each one is well written and powerful.  It's impressive how much he conveys through such direct speech patterns, which are always in a Russian accent which makes it more enjoyable to read.

Had to add this, kudos to Roen for the awesome recap of an rp we did in her "Secong Hand Faith" posts. She took the log of our event and turned them into basically a short novel. I re-read them and immensely enjoyed the way she restructured everything to make it such an enjoyable read. Thank you for taking the time to do that Roen. :D

Ps Thank you for fixing my spelling errors.... xD 

Lol.

Had to add this, kudos to Roen for the awesome recap of an rp we did in her "Secong Hand Faith" posts. She took the log of our event and turned them into basically a short novel. I re-read them and immensely enjoyed the way she restructured everything to make it such an enjoyable read. Thank you for taking the time to do that Roen. :D

Lol.

That post says it all, Askier. *tries to edit one more spelling error*

:P

I KID! (kinda) (okay not really)

Thanks for the positive feedbacks! I enjoyed telling what happened. Good stuff! Kudos to the players for giving me great material!

That post says it all, Askier. *tries to edit one more spelling error*

:P

I KID! (kinda) (okay not really)

She isn't kidding. <3

I want to thank everyone last night for the brilliant RP I was able to partake in.

Roen Deneith: Without you this wouldn't have happened. I blame you. <3 That last part made my heart drop but then I realized it was even better. I mean really, Lolorito can't sign on amnesty but the "evidence" is better anyway! Also, Roen makes a great Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Judge. I would have said you should have worn your Sultansworn AF outfit but then some people might have thought you were IC...

Natalie Mcbeef: I almost wish you hadn't asked me what I thought about Kage in red but I don't. Because oh god has this been super enjoyable. I'm still super excited and jumpy and I only had 4 hours of sleep. I have a big grin on my face at work and you know how grumpy I am at work.

JAMESON TAEROS: You who are very Ul'dah. You know who you are. You are wonderful. Even if I want to punch Jameson and his foppy hat. And it's my hat!

Gharen Wolfsong: You were able and willing to login on something that literally just popped into mind on a sea breeze filled Saturday morning. And sit there while we slowly made our way to Gharen. ;p

Osric Melkire: What can I say? You are awesome! Your muscle memory habits are contagious. Hold yourself back man! Thank you for the very short notice. >.> I hadn't had much time to see if you were on and able to dedicate hours into a breakout but I also forgot to ask. >.<; Mea culpa. Thank you for coming and for your help!

Coatleque Crofte: I know you probably were really bored as we slowly made our way every where. Thank you for your presence! Time will tell what has happened with it!

Alexei: If nothing works out for Kage, as heartbreaking it may be, they should make up a team of Free Paladin mercs together. How does that work out?

Naz: You're not here but I love you. You and Osric are so mean to Kage ; ; But also a lifesaver <3 Stop being so fashion-sensible by the way. I'm jealous.

Coatleque Crofte: I know you probably were really bored as we slowly made our way every where. Thank you for your presence! Time will tell what has happened with it!

Bored? Never! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. And I loved Alexei's comments over linkshell the whole time, which you sadly didn't get to hear. I tried to play the stoic observer as Osric's backup. And Jameson, I suppose we'll be having that drink soon now.

But I need to give my own Kudos as well. Little did the rest of you know, Coatleque was involved in a rather humorous exchange outside the Quicksand. It's why she was late to the party. I will be documenting it in my chronicles later when I have time.

Those involved, Otto Vann, and Witchbane Ceii, thank you. Otto, enjoy the 18k free gil :D You both had no idea you were holding up a Sultansworn from official business at the time!

I wanna just echo what everyone else said and say last night was pretty cool. Too often 'GM style' encounters with large numbers of people get bogged down, but Roen helped keep it smooth and let us focus on the RP. There was a lot of good characterization from everyone, and I'm loving the interactions with Ser Crofte. It's making nat realize why people often disliked her position. You can't help but resent someone up high when you're stuck down in the mud.

Goodfellow.

Somehow that thread has gotten longer than many of my threads that have been going on for years on other sites. Thanks for being so quick to respond, and for responding so favorably to that probably very awkward first pm I sent you. I think you're the only one from that first batch of pms I sent out back in March who's still actively posting with me. Plus you're an awesome writer and you're cool beans. That thread is the bee's knees and I can't wait to see what happens. Ehehehehe.

ShayRei.

You plotted with me. I love people who plot with me. And then you let me get carried away, which maybe you shouldn't have but you did anyway and so <3.

(and to the rest of Heaven's Gate who are all really quite smashing. RP with them if you get the chance, whoever happens to read this)

Rurutani.

You let me hijack your character and are just really, really refreshing. Don't doubt your writing ability, just roll with it. :)

D & Del.

You put up with me, and that deserves its own special level of recognition. >> Plus, I mean, patience! RP follows. Thank you for allowing me to rp with your characters and drag them into shenanigans. Sorry the rp has been so slow!

Osric.

How the hell you keep up with everything, I don't know. I used to play this game with my sister back when we were in elementary school where we'd take a bunch of rubber balls and just throw them against the kitchen floor, and then watch them rebound off the cabinets. You remind me of that. Assuming the balls are all the plots you're interacting with. . .or something, I don't know. Chaos. You keep track of it. But thanks for responding to my awkward pm (much like Goodfellow) and counter-dragging me into shenanigans. I don't often get the rug pulled out from under me in rp, but you managed. I only hope I might return the favor some day. >: )

Jager.

You probably won't read this, you asshole, but, well, you know. Stop denying it in your head. <3

Gray.

Reliable rp partners are hard to come by. Thank you for plotting, writing, and working with me so that our horribly mismatched schedules occasionally overlap in game, and for forumgoing it with me for everything else. Here's hoping to a long and fulfilling rp partnership!

(also extra kudos for that week or two we spent raking our brains over the coals of plot and background)

Everyone else who rps with me:

I <3 you. End of story. You go along with me, and . . .well. . .you're awesome.

Thank you to the nightblades for a memorable introduction of a known spy into their midst. Cool plot line stuff. Thank you to Si'lani for being the most adorable devil-spy.

As always, thanks to M'wanthala Krynn for the RP conversations. Thala always brings out M'sato's more human side past his usual social skills, which are the verbal equivalent of hitting someone in the face with barbed wire.

Okay with a climactic scene looming on the horizon...

I just wanted to say Kudos to everyone involved. Even before I see how that scene will go, I wanted to say it.

Itar for turning this plot upside the head with your character. I never saw it coming.

Askier for the turn he himself had through the plot. Character I honestly never thought I would get to know but now I am glad I did.

Natalie and Kage, for starting this whole Brass Blades arc with me in the first place. I REALLY do think the presence of Blades (with their touch of corruption, even if it was forced on them) brought out the true flavor of Ul'Dah into RP. Even after this particular scene, Brass Blades arc will still continue and I think Ul'Dah RP is better for it.

For Crofte, Aya, C, and anyone else that reacted to the Blades in the Quicksand, Ruby Road, and streets of Ul'Dah in general. Because what good are corrupt officers if there is no one to react to them?

To Anden and Co, who never read these boards. I still give you Kudos for always be willing to let me drag you in for plots and NPCs.

Delial and Gharen, because I love you both. Always there to feed my creative muse.

Osric. Because he's Osric. Damn you Osric.

Really fun character Jancis has run into the past few days is Oscare Iono. He's a garish fella who is hilarious.

In what was to be just an immerse/relationship letter, it ended up making a scene in the middle of Ul'dah.

Good times!

...my name's popped up one too many times in this thread, to the point where it'd be rude not to reciprocate. I generally avoid threads like these, because (to be blunt, please excuse my bluntness) more often than not they're circlejerks meant to congratulate those who should already know and understand that they're freakin' awesome. Also, I'm always afraid that I'll forget someone and leave them out, which would make me feel awful.

THAT SAID.

ShayRei & Enteris:

Thank you for taking me in. Thank you for putting up with all of my shit. Thank you for taking the time out of your lives to take a new player through the ropes. I applied to Path originally because the tag said "RP and PvE". I stayed for the friends. \o/ 

Path of Oschon & Heaven's Gate as a whole:

You guys are awesome. Names that come to mind right now... Kiest, Hunfrid, Picket, Em. Misters Corvus and Xenocides, as well. The laughs don't stop coming, and neither do the fun times. Maybe next time, I'll be able to stick around for Hydaelyn Hold 'Em. Stupid scheduling conflicts, GAH.

Erik Mynhier:

If you're reading this... I was utterly terrified of attending one of your events, because I knew absolutely no one outside of my FC. You threw a gala, and now a couple of months later it feels like I know everyone (which can be a pain in the ass at times, but hey, I'm having fun and so is everyone else). Thank you for the insane effort it must have taken to organize such a thing.

Kiht and Xydane:

I spied on you IC, and you two were kind enough to not only take it in stride but to reach out and drag me into the insanity that was the conflict with the Faces of Mercy. Also opened up a lot of roleplaying opportunity for me in Gridania and Coerthas that otherwise wouldn't exist... and a chance to get to know the Exile folks eventually (still need to get on that). Thanks for understanding when scheduling conflicts dragged me away from the finale. Kiht, looking forward to... current events, heehee. Xydane: QUIT TRYING TO GET ME INTO MORE TROUBLE, LOL.

Kahn'a:

Looking back, I can't believe we met over something as stupid as tea and whether or not it's worth drinking. Spoilers: OoC, I effing LOVE tea. I just love pina coladas that much more. You've been great, to the point where my only recourse in explaining how great is to quote Top Gun: "you can be my wingman anytime." 

Askier:

I blame you. I blame your event. I blame your raid boss hacks. I blame your willingness to "roll with it". I blame your stupid sexy voice. I blame every joke and laugh and every roleplay session and PvE instance. I blame it all for your being such an awesome person to hang out with. Stupid bomb kitty. I blame you.

Zhavi:

If you think sending such a PM was awkward, imagine how things must've been on my end! I'd been watching your thread with Lolo for weeks and receiving that PM was like being asked to sit down with a celebrity. A celebrity known for ridiculously good forum RP. Remind me sometime to swat some of those rubber balls your way.

Kanaria:

I shouldn't need to say anything... so I'm not going to! :cactuar:

Leilani:

I need to say something... so I am going to. WAR is best tank. 8-)

...also Mr. Scoopers still scares me.

Sizha'to/Garret/Cedric/Mr.-Too-Many-Alts:

TELL ME WHY, STEAK'S SITTIN' MARINATIN',

TELL ME WHY, OVEN'S HEATED, STILL AIN'T COOKIN',

TELL ME WHY, YOU WON'T LET ME HAVE IT RARE TODAY,

I WANT IT THAT WAY.

Garret's Rag-tag Accomplices in Crime:

You know who you are. Thieves and been-thieved. Thanks for all the fun and impromptu PvE runs. \o/

Jameson:

You are by far my favorite fop, and you make for the best characters. Swear to God, I'm ear-to-ear every time I run into you. I've told Roen this already, but you need a protag, even if it's a side character thing. You're THAT entertaining as an antag that I want to see you play both sides of the fence. <3

Jajara/Delial:

You're amazing and I think you know it. What's impressive (MOST IMPRESSIVE) is how it doesn't go to your head like it does with some of us (*coughguiltyImguiltycough*). You keep churnin' out great stuff. Please don't stop. I will break down and cry if you do, and nobody wants that.

Roen:

You've been hiding your light under the covers! Get the hell out here and GM/DM more often, damn it! We'll help! ...andIpromisetotryandnotderailbyrecruitingeveryallyIpossiblycaneverragain. I swear.

Gharen:

Quit scaring the shite outta me! Holy hells!

D'lyhhia:

Dear Dodo Lady, buffaloes can go SUCK IT. You're a great person. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. And, pardon my French, but F#&% your output is ridonkulous. Love watching your streams. You should advertise them here! 

Xieveral:

I... feel like an @$$ for the way things went with Del. Here's to not screwing things up with Tahl and Seiko! Also to Super Happy Fun Times in stream, in game, and over Skype.

Merri:

You beautiful bastard, you.

Lanza and Liliana:

Your characters are inseparable in my mind (by which I mean inevitably associated), so here it goes. Lanza, you adorable lug, I want you to hold me tight, sing to me, and whisper sweet nothings in my ear in direct contrast to every "oi" and "eh" that comes out of your mouth. Lili... you can't have him back, but I'll share. And in the meantime, please don't gut my 'sworn/ex-sworn friends. No, seriously, roleplaying with you guys is a blast.  

Arky and Keroa:

:love:

Nat and Kage:

Another two peeps who are inevitably associated with one another in my head. KAGE! You can be a Lalafell and eat your cake too. Also, character development, avast! NAT! Don't take this the wrong way, but you bring so much more color to the table as a Blade, imo, than you did as a Sultansworn. The new role lets you play more to your strengths. 

Aya:

Osric is whipped now. Poor man won't drown himself in drink... but I promise to make him swing by more often for food and company!

C'kayah:

Every time your character and mine meet face to face, it's like the Cuban Missile Crisis, with Cold War era U.S.A and Russia standing off, nuclear warheads at the ready. Talk about TENSE. Kudos.

Ragnar/Alexei: 

You take Russian sociopath from cliché to art form. You have no idea how much some of us are enjoying it. No idea. :thumbsup:

Coatleque:

Hang in there. The craziness never really ends; you just get used to it.

Gus Pumpkinweed:

Same goes to you, see above. And don't beat yourself up so much as learn from an experience... not that I need to tell you that, you're on your way already.

Chuchukepa:

I will hug you. I will hug you to DEATH.

Garryson Shipkeeper & The Lovelies of XI:7 :

Thank you for taking a fresh MNK and teaching him the Binding Coil painlessly with your ridiculously overgeared toons. Oh, and thanks for putting up with my loud mouth. Garry, thank you for the open invitation and for keeping me on the up and up. Thorin, one day the fireballs and conflags will let up and stop targeting you. One day soon. Rest of you: <3 . Keru gets double the love. Dem WHM heals on Garuda EX.

To Everyone I Missed Because This Post is Leviathan, Leviathan:

I love you all. You know who you are.

Really fun character Jancis has run into the past few days is Oscare Iono. He's a garish fella who is hilarious.

In what was to be just an immerse/relationship letter, it ended up making a scene in the middle of Ul'dah.

Good times!

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

But in reality, I really have to thank Jancis and Crofte for letting me RP on that one night after the cafe party. Those two opened up Oscare to a great relationship between the two and I thoroughly loved it to death. That was easily one of the best RPs I was even given an opportunity to savor.

On top of that, I have to thank two of my own FC mates -- Camy Laykk and Berrod Armstrong (along with his alts). Those two are funny, Berrod being a very respectable man, someone Oscare looks up to. And Camy just being that punching bag-sister like person for Oscare.

Wanted to say much thanks to the following after last night:

Zhavi: Thank you so much for letting me play Ruru and explore a new avenue for him! It seems to be working out well and I am so happy with the dynamic he has right now with you and others as a result.

ShayRei: For letting me into the Limsa world. Letting me in has expanded my RP opportunities and it's been a fun ride!

And Coatleque Crofte: She brought all...ALL...of my rp stuff together last night and it was amazingly done!! For those that don't know, I have a forum thread for my alt Krell, and one for Ruru that I am working with Zhavi on, and in game I also have my rp with Ruru's IC life in Limsa. Well, last night Ruru was spending time in the Drowning Wench with his girlfriend and chatting about their future and like a movie, (though completely unscripted or unplanned) I saw Coatleque at a table across the way and said to myself "Hmmm...that's odd." And then she went and asked for information about my alias. Ruru had to confront her and it was brilliant! In a minute's time all three things collided and actually made sense! I was soooooo happy!

Thank you Coatleque! It was fun and hope Ruru wasn't too much of an obstinant jerk and hope he didn't spoil her evening out. ;) Thanks again to everyone involved. Looking forward to more. :D

Thank you Coatleque! It was fun and hope Ruru wasn't too much of an obstinant jerk and hope he didn't spoil her evening out. ;)

Not at all! Honestly, she was under-cover as it were, in her new outfit made by Otto. It would have looked weird for a Sultansworn in full regalia to be questioning people in Limsa. As much as she hates the work, I have fun playing her as the Lady Inspector/Ambassador. I hope she comes across as polite and proper in her dialogues.

Thank you Coatleque! It was fun and hope Ruru wasn't too much of an obstinant jerk and hope he didn't spoil her evening out. ;)

Not at all!  Honestly, she was under-cover as it were, in her new outfit made by Otto.  It would have looked weird for a Sultansworn in full regalia to be questioning people in Limsa.  As much as she hates the work, I have fun playing her as the Lady Inspector/Ambassador.  I hope she comes across as polite and proper in her dialogues.

Ha ha! She was great! And you said the jursidiction line much nicer than Ruru was about to say. I was mid-way typing "And aren't you a little out of your jurisdiction? I don't recall any pink-haired Lalafell royalty around these parts." But then your post came and I was like..."well how can I say that now? I'd look like a jerk." xD