Hydaelyn Role-Players
Server Selection (Prelude) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Server Selection (Prelude) (/showthread.php?tid=153)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - ArmachiA - 07-17-2010

No gamestop's in Denmark!?

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Kashemia - 07-17-2010

Huh: Hehe, yup, we got those, but expecting them to be midnight open for anything else than WoW is... Not very likely Tongue

Are you completely sure about the regions? There is an EU homepage. Just want to make sure that they haven't changed their mind for FFXIV compared to XI, and I end up with the wrong version ^^

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/#/about/game_info Here it says something about Square Enix accounts being region-specific...

And you seem to be right, ArmaichA:

Quote:[12:07] Tanaka also confirms that the servers will be worldwide, and there will also be cross-platform servers.

So hopefully that mean I can just get an EU copy and won't have to wait for an american to be shipped here Smile

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - foxfirestorm - 07-17-2010

I'm just glad that I know the Gamestop managers at the ones I buy my games at. So I know for a fact, they will do good by me.

Since my friend is getting the collector's as well, and my mom is getting the normal, so I can have those glasses and I'm giving her my helm.
Though first issue on business on that is trying to get her laptop to play it and that isn't going to well.

(Yes, my mom plays MMORPGs, but mostly because she can't do much else, so its her only form of some connection with the world, a sad connection perhaps, but better then none at all).

Also, for those of us on Beta and for those of you just interested...
Here is a list of our servers and the population. XD

Note: You will need to probably right click on it and hit view image.

Show Content

*gets ready to hear it about Exdeath and takes cover*

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Satrina - 07-17-2010

Glad to see Lancer is so underplayed right now. I hope that continues into Live.

Hehe, that's actually one thing I really like about the classes being as they are (flexible). Right now, I'm a bit unsure about if I wanna go pugilist or marauder, and usually, I would have went marauder if I noticed that pugilist seemed played more.
But honestly, when you can change class all the time, it doesn't really matter. Everybody is gonna end up with something else anyway.
I'm gonna start with pugilist because it fits IC were Seraj is. Then I can always move on to something else when the storyline calls for it Smile
There's not the same fear of being stuck in a overpopular class so that you'll never get a group spot. I think that is great Smile

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Midaja - 07-17-2010

Aaaaaahahahaaa, yeeeeeees, I'm through with all the 15 pageeeeees, finally I can share my oppinion to all this haha... But everythings been sad already as it seems, meh...

Think I'll start as a conjurer, character-background based and train archer later on, even though it will be an odd mix according to the attributes needed... But who cares.

Coming back to topic: Thats the first thread I'm reading in this under-forum, so maybe there's another one for that specific discussion (if so it would be very polite to put up a proper signpost in front of my eyes), but what about the different time zones we're living in? Being European I think it would be annoying if there's an RP-event set for lets say 5 pm... Since most of the people here will be American I think, for the European bunch that would be err... 11 pm, 12 pm or even later... On one side that would be quite early for some americans who work until 6 pm for example, on the other hand it's already quite late for the ones on the other side of the great pond Huh

The level zones will always be a problem, and the only thing we can do is try to schedule events in a time that sort of fits almost everyone (usually in the weekends) and hope for the best. But since it's international, and all play with eachother (as far as I can see), you're not the only european Smile
So don't worry, I'm sure we can whip up some events in the EU timezones too Wink

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Renaise - 07-17-2010

Maybe we can do a count the Europeans thread Tongue

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Midaja - 07-17-2010

Good idea... But it should be one of you opening it, I've got a lot of work ahead. Reading everything (on the first side at least...) in the assembly room... Reading all the stuff in the archives and directory... Thenn Ill slowly make my way to the town square and then I should finally be ready to post a character description. *spits into hands* And its already midnight bleh

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Siben - 07-18-2010

Those "class population" numbers are meaningless.
Give it 3 months of live servers because you know damn well people are going to switch up their "mains"

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Rikitiki - 07-18-2010

Wow, finally caught up on this one. Big Grin

Personally, I think we should engage in some reverse psychology. Let's say they stick with the "villians" server-name theme. Obviously all the twerps will be "Oh Sephiroth cool!" and go there, right?

So we pick the lamest villain in the list. The one that the twerps will say, "Oh, no way, man, I'm way too cool to be on *that* server."

Thus our server isn't overpopulated and we get to take that villain's weakness and make it our strength. Big Grin

(Incidentally, in my opinion, we have to go with Garland, if for no other reason than being able to say "You dare badmouth my server?! I, Garland, will KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN!!!" Big Grin)

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Eva - 07-18-2010

[Image: knock-down.png]

:approve:

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Faust - 07-18-2010

You've got me there. Garland is easily my least favorite villain. Sad

We don't have to scrape the absolute bottom of the barrel, do we?

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Renaise - 07-18-2010

I dunno is there a Kuja server? That seems lower XD