Hydaelyn Role-Players
Cliche RP Elements - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Cliche RP Elements (/showthread.php?tid=76)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Goliam - 07-24-2010

Monadi Wrote:My scars?

I had an unfortunate accident when I opened my box of morning cheerios and out popped an enraged raptor riding a shark.

Don't ask.

...Thats gotta be the most unlikely coincidence. That happened to me too, except the Raptor and shark were covered in bees.

That were on fire.

[size=xx-smal](I couldn't resist)[/size]

Re: Cliche RP Elements - ArmachiA - 07-24-2010

Langli's scar came from running to fast into a metal door. No lie.

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Axl - 07-24-2010

MY SCARS ARE FROM MY DARK AND DEPRESSING PAST WHEN MY PARENTS WERE KILLED BY A DEMON THAT ATTACKED MY VILLAGE WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG.

That's usually what you get right there.

Axl Wrote:MY SCARS ARE FROM MY DARK AND DEPRESSING PAST WHEN MY PARENTS WERE KILLED BY A DEMON THAT ATTACKED MY VILLAGE WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG.

That's usually what you get right there.

And were you possessed by the demon at the time?

If so, that's like the friggin' epitome of cliched wangt scarring.

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Renaise - 07-24-2010

My scars are for each of my victims... I'm a regular Mr. Zsasz Big Grin

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Monadi - 07-24-2010

Axl Wrote:MY SCARS ARE FROM MY DARK AND DEPRESSING PAST WHEN MY PARENTS WERE KILLED BY A DEMON THAT ATTACKED MY VILLAGE WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG.

[Image: batman-my-parents-are-dead.jpg]

GET OUT OF MY MIND, YOU TINY DEMON, YOU!

I am tired of mithra (or miqo'te in this case) that act overly cutesie and innocent, and adopt some guy as her BIIIIIIIIIIG BROOOOOOOOOOOTHER ^___^ ^___^ >.< >.< >///////////< God I hate them.

Axl Wrote:I am tired of mithra (or miqo'te in this case) that act overly cutesie and innocent, and adopt some guy as her BIIIIIIIIIIG BROOOOOOOOOOOTHER ^___^ ^___^ >.< >.< >///////////< God I hate them.

ONII-CHAAAAAAN!!!

What about people that act like either cloud, or sephiroth, those guys are the scum of the earth.

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Xaefan - 07-24-2010

Just raging here, so if it's some multi-posting stuff, forgive me.

People who can't make an original concept.

People who drag their characters through every multiverse, and pretend it's the same person, with the same powers.

People who play a character as if they looked up tsundere, or some other cliche tv-show/anime/manga/movied/etc. ideal and look at it -every- -time- their character has to think about which shoe goes on which foot.

People who are one race, but raised by another. (It's fine in doses, but "ORIGINAL IDEA DO NOT STEAL", guys.)

Dark/Depressing/Completely emo characters with pasts that are filled with parental abuse/parental death. We dig it, it was cool when we were 14 (Heck, I did it too, but at least I -tried- to pretend like my character didn't really care about it, until it was good for SOMEONE ELSE'S PLOT AND NOT MY OWN DRAMA WHORING.)

Drama whores.

Replying TO EVERYTHING. "I agree" SCREW YOU, NO YOU DON'T, KNOW YOUR ROLE, OTHERWISE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE SAID THAT ANYWAY. (Being silly.)

Elves who are actually small, humans who are actually tall, tarutaru/lalafell who're actually psychotic monsters, mithra/mi'qote who are actually manthra/lesbians, Galka who are old and wise and OMGWTF I HAVE DESCENDED FROM SUN TSUNG VON HITLER.

Also:

Characters who speak in tongue outside of regular chat. Accents are cool, overused of course, but cool. But, WE DON'T SPEAK FRENCH IN THE WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY. (This coming from me, who considers "Oui?" and "Non" a piece of the francais/cajun accent.)

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Monadi - 07-25-2010

Xaefan Wrote:People who drag their characters through every multiverse, and pretend it's the same person, with the same powers.

People who use the same exact character over and over again, period.

Also, and this is a complaint about MMOs in general. STOP USING JAPANESE NAMES. I'm so serious. We're not in Japan and this game is also not set in Japan. (Though it is made in Japan, and big in Japan.)

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Xaefan - 07-25-2010

Monadi Wrote:
Xaefan Wrote:People who drag their characters through every multiverse, and pretend it's the same person, with the same powers.

People who use the same exact character over and over again, period.\

Guilty, until recently.

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Goliam - 07-25-2010

Xaefan Wrote:Guilty, until recently.

*lashes lightly with a wet noodle*

We must continue to atone for our past sins.

*beats himself with the noodle*

;.; I am guilty of it.

Re: Cliche RP Elements - Monadi - 07-25-2010

Xaefan Wrote:Guilty, until recently.

You got better. Wink

Actually it doesn't bother me as much when it's done really well, it's just that it freaks me out to go to multiple MMO RP sites and see the same character names a couple of times in a row. Breaks my illusion a bit, but maybe I need a better filter. Tongue