Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.56 Maintenance April 20 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 2.56 Maintenance April 20 (/showthread.php?tid=11176)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: 2.56 Maintenance April 20 - Kellach Woods - 04-20-2015

Eh, the nerfs won't make finding a group that doesn't blow easier to do 'em, and non-video guides won't be updated, making them harder to learn even if they're easier to execute.

RE: 2.56 Maintenance April 20 - Kage - 04-20-2015

Second coil fights didn't need new videos to teach the fights or non-video guides to be updated. Smooth runs still needed mechanics to be done. Things were just highly recoverable. Bad tanks or bad healers won't help but that's the thing with playing an MMORPG. You either find the groups you want to play with, PUG all the time, or shut up or put up.

You drop the shitty players, tell them to play their good roles etc. You network.

I DF'd T7 the next day after nerfs with 3 people who had no experience and we still cleared in the run.

I still do all the fights the same way I did them before nerfs unless told by people or you know your DPS is high that you just burn everything which is what you do in BCOB. They say what they're doing differently and it's easy to adjust.

RE: 2.56 Maintenance April 20 - Edda - 04-20-2015

(04-20-2015, 10:26 AM)allgivenover Wrote: I bet if they do t13 won't get a nerf beyond echo.
I certainly hope not. T13 is easy enough what with 2 mechanics happening at once, at the most. T9 didn't, not sure why T13 would. Please nerf T11 though Christ almighty I hate that fight.

(04-20-2015, 12:10 PM)Edda Wrote:
(04-20-2015, 10:26 AM)allgivenover Wrote: I bet if they do t13 won't get a nerf beyond echo.
I certainly hope not. T13 is easy enough what with 2 mechanics happening at once, at the most. T9 didn't, not sure why T13 would. Please nerf T11 though Christ almighty I hate that fight.
*tethers Edda to T11*

At this point I have no expectations on what will or will not get nerfs. I didn't think SCOB would get any nerfs and yet they did. >< And they nerfed SCOB pretty fucking hard. Do all mechanics? Good, smooth. Don't do mechanics? Ehhhhhh HEAL. Ok... ok... ok good.

(04-20-2015, 12:13 PM)Kage Wrote: *tethers Edda to T11*

At this point I have no expectations on what will or will not get nerfs. I didn't think SCOB would get any nerfs and yet they did. >< And they nerfed SCOB pretty fucking hard. Do all mechanics? Good, smooth. Don't do mechanics? Ehhhhhh HEAL. Ok... ok... ok good.
I expect they will follow the trend of T6-8 and nerf the first three turns really bad. Honestly I haven't done T6-8 in a long time, certainly not since the 20% echo buff, but they were pretty damn easy. You could even DF T6 and 7, even though T5 is still quite a gamble through DF. But seriously how are they going to nerf T10 other than make Imdugud hit... not as hard? The fight is already a joke. T11, pls go. T12 will probably just see damage nerfs and less one-hit-kill mechanics (too many stacks in fountain/curse mark thingy), just like T8 did. I really liked SCoB pre-nerf, especially T8, so I'm hoping FCoB doesn't get nerfed (it will) to hell and back this time. Echo makes things easy enough.

Found people outside (and even inside sometimes) of this community being in the large majority unhelpful pricks when it comes to these fights so yeah DF seems like it'd be out of the question.

Also, 2.56 will probably add FCoB to DF if they're nerfing it.

We already knew it was going to be DF but the question is what kind of nerfs. I just look at SCOB and cry >.>;

I wouldn't bet on them but I'd say these nerfs are likely.

T10
- Vulnerability shorter.
- Deaths to mechanics won't buff Imdugud.
- Less people targeted for heat lightning??
- OR NOT AT ALL?
- Something something prey?
- WHAT GOES HERE???

T11
- Tethers debuff wont hurt as bad?
- Missiles stack?
- Resonance hits less??
- WHAT GOES HERE I LIKE THIS

T12
- what goes here, i really like this fight D:
- Redfire???
- uhhhwhatgoeshere
- deaths to mechanics blahblahblah

T13
- I don't think it'll get nerfed but if it does
- HP% dmg isn't as high on the Sins????
- orbs stacks don't hurt as much???
- uhhhwhatgoeshere???

RE: 2.56 Maintenance April 20 - allgivenover - 04-20-2015

Easy enough as a tank or DPS but as a healer it is hands down the hardest fight in the game.

T11 is totes easy, why do you hate it?

(04-20-2015, 01:06 PM)allgivenover Wrote:

Easy enough as a tank or DPS but as a healer it is hands down the hardest fight in the game.

Uhhhhhhh no lol. T13 is a joke to heal. Literally every scrap of damage in that fight is 100% predictable unless someone really drops the ball. Honestly if my SCH buddy isn't dpsing half of the time during T13 I get a little mad, especially during divebombs phase.

Turn 11 is ass because tethers are lame, I hate the stupid egg-fuck adds and the trash is the worst in the game.

I haven't been getting nearly enough successful T13 farms as i'd wished so I wish I could say something better.

(The sad part is when i get grouped up with people whose DPS is lesser than what I'm used to and you're like "omfg that pos is still alive with Teraflare. FUCK WALL))

Maybe Edda is just too fucking beast >.>

Or we're all playing with bads.

T11 -
Kage you can only go that way. Kage dies because Kage did too much damage to adds (this also applies to the trash). "Guys need more DPS on other add / good job not looking at HP%"
Guys why you no keep walking.
Need to move adds.
we dead ; ;

RE: 2.56 Maintenance April 20 - allgivenover - 04-20-2015

(04-20-2015, 01:12 PM)Edda Wrote:
(04-20-2015, 01:06 PM)allgivenover Wrote:

Uhhhhhhh no lol. T13 is a joke to heal. Literally every scrap of damage in that fight is 100% predictable unless someone really drops the ball. Honestly if my SCH buddy isn't dpsing half of the time during T13 I get a little mad, especially during divebombs phase.

Turn 11 is ass because tethers are lame, I hate the stupid egg-fuck adds and the trash is the worst in the game.

Uhhhh lol how about we try not to be condescending?

My evaluation is relative to every other fight in the game, as everything is easy to me now that I know the fights. It has little flexibility as a WHM and mistakes are much more difficult to recover from. So yes it's easy now that we've learned the fight but it's still the hardest in the game for healers much the same way I think savage t7 is the hardest in the game for tanks.

It is not a joke to heal. Show me your healer clear video and I'll show you mine.

RE: 2.56 Maintenance April 20 - Seriphyn - 04-20-2015

I was wondering if this was the patch where they'll be adding the 'Battle of Ishgard', but I imagine that won't be until way closer to 3.0 release date.

.... omfg.

To be honest I just assumed Steps of Faith was Battle of Ishgard... so if it is a new thing entirely I'd be super hyped.

But I highly doubt it. They ended the Main story quests in 2.55. The way they ended 2.55 is how they always ended MSQ lines from previous patches.

RE: 2.56 Maintenance April 20 - Siha - 04-20-2015

(04-20-2015, 08:25 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Personally, the only announcement I'm waiting on right meow is the release date for the new benchmark.

I can't WAIT to see how my lolmachine does with the new DX11 client and how failboat gitgud I'll be compared to other folks.

So excite.

Definitely read in multiple places that this is supposed to be out around the 25 - 26th during the NicoNico weekend or something like that. Don't quote me but I googled a lot in desperation for the same date and that's what I've seen on the official forums from people. Hopefully that's the right date! 8D

Don't think we're getting anything new until pre-patch hype.

Sad