Hydaelyn Role-Players
Blue Mage - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Blue Mage (/showthread.php?tid=11463)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Blue Mage - Gegenji - 05-04-2015

(05-04-2015, 11:58 AM)Yangh Wrote: The method I took with BLU was akin to a parasitic weapon (A Scimitar obviously) that actively seeks monsters and guides the user to them in order to feed on them. Once defeated, the weapon severs the and captures the aether of said monster as it attempts to return to the life stream (Much like Odin severs and binds, and much like the process we see in the MSQ with the Ascian and crystal).

This... is a really neat way to approach it. It even "fits" with the whole "weapon is linked to your class" mechanic of the game itself, but in a much more visceral way. And, if I'm not mistaken, Blue Mages in FFTA used scimitars for their weapons there, too!

As much as I might ask questions and whatnot when people try things like this, it's also really cool to see people try to make it work. I've seen a Spellblade done interestingly enough (and they even went and grabbed the tank armor with those glowy rings to add to the mystical feel) and a couple people trying out the Berserker concept. Not to mention I'm technically trying to play a Judgemaster with, well, Judge and Chachan as a sorta Samurai.

... I should totally get the Gambler outfit and throw some combat coin at some point too, just to have fun with THAT angle.

Anyway! Feel free to take some, all, or none of these ideas presented here! This is your character, after all. Make something you'd have fun playing!

RE: Blue Mage - Yangh - 05-04-2015

(05-04-2015, 12:15 PM)Gegenji Wrote: ... I should totally get the Gambler outfit and throw some combat coin at some point too, just to have fun with THAT angle.

I'm suddenly reminded of Johnny from Guilty Gear. I support and endorse this completely. XD
[Image: GGAC_Johnny_236H.png]

RE: Blue Mage - Hammersmith - 05-04-2015

Berserker is a fun and weird angle to play, constantly teetering between functional and Fuck You You're Dead.

[youtube]5D-9X3ooFvo[/youtube]

RE: Blue Mage - pepperhelfier - 05-04-2015

Ah! So many responses! I don't have a lot of time before I head off to work, but I will definitely read everything while I'm at work and type an appropriate response to what everyone's said. From what I've skimmed over it seems like there are quite a few tweaks and ideas I can add/adjust to my own concept, and I am VERY grateful for all of the input thus far! (I also apologize for apparently placing this in the wrong thread when I initially wrote it <cough>)

As for the some people won't want to partake in this concept that I've seen, I'm very well aware that it will be taken differently by different people. Fully prepared and aware of that, and as it was stated, it is well within their right to deny to RP with my character, just as it's within my right to want to portray something a bit different (but not completely unplausible, which is why I'm here trying to make sure the concept works/fits and isn't entirely OMG YOU'RE SUCH A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE WITH YOU ABILITY TO LEARN EVERYTHING) I also want to reiterate, that this type of magic would take a while to learn once 'scanned/detected'. It's not going to be FLASHY LIGHTS AND FAN FARE NEW SPELL ACQUIRED!!

As I said, thank you all so much for the input! I will get an appropriate response out once I get back from work later this evening. Toodles! <waves>