Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your Characters 'job'. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Your Characters 'job'. (/showthread.php?tid=12501)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Spethah - 07-09-2015

Former THM whom, through RP, has lost the ability to cast and is learning how to use a firearm to make up for the lack of self-defence. 

I have almost everything combat wise at 50, with the exception of MNK, DRK, and WAR which are close to 40 right now. AST is 60, BRD is 53, MCH is 51. I actually main BRD, but am getting MCH up for variety's sake. I have gatherer's above 50 and I have GSM at 50, none which is used in RP.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Coatleque - 07-09-2015

Crofte is a Paladin and Sultansworn. I use PLD to show this obviously, but she tends to favor a two-handed grip and forgo her shield. Depending on the gear situation, I may use DRK to reflect this in the future. Since the Sworn fighting style is more than just waving a sword around she also knows a little conjury. She is decent enough to raise barriers but cannot focus enough to heal well.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Jean L - 07-09-2015

Jade has some base knowledge about using a lance from living in Ishgard but he's more comfortable carrying around knives for his work.

Nekhii is more complex because I'm a sucker for sad stuff.

Show Content

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Klynzahr - 07-09-2015

I think you included "warrior" in your pole twice.

On topic, I picked generic disciple of war, because Klynzahr is a semi-retired gladiator with no intention of becoming a paladin.  Disciple of magic could also be a little relevant, since she completed half of an arcanist apprenticeship as a teen.

OOC I play a white mage.... Dodgy

Yeah, it has absolutely no relevance to Klynzahr's character. Initially I had the thought the she would be a retired gladiator, who turned to conjury but the conjorurs guild turned out to be a bunch of hippies that don't gel well with her character concept.

So now Klyn is a professional adventurer and couch surfer but I still play WHM.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Meena - 07-09-2015

(07-09-2015, 07:23 PM)Klinzahr Wrote: I think you included "warrior" in your pole twice.

On topic, I picked generic disciple of war, because Klynzahr is a semi-retired gladiator with no intention of becoming a paladin.  Disciple of magic could also be a little relevant, since she completed half of an arcanist apprenticeship as a teen.

OOC I play a white mage.... Dodgy

Yeah, it has absolutely no relevance to Klynzahr's character. Initially I had the thought the she would be a retired gladiator, who turned to conjury but the conjorurs guild turned out to be a bunch of hippies that don't gel well with her character concept.

So now Klyn is a professional adventurer and couch surfer but I still play WHM.
This is why I don't post at 2am ;-;

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Fox - 07-09-2015

C'sien is an alchemist by trade, she also runs Heart of Coeurl. Conjury and Arcanum is a study rather than a trade by nature.

Dusk is... I don't think she really has a job. I guess she'd be an armorsmith to get by for money but her focus is a dark knight, and she'd personally consider that her profession.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Qhora Bajihri - 07-09-2015

I clicked Ninja, but I guess I should've picked the Base DoW option, because she's not a Ninja. She's a rogue at best, with arcanist/small "s" scholar Nymian tendencies.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Isoei - 07-09-2015

IC Iso is a healer, I'm torn on what to use although I'm currently using White Mage for it -- but that is likely to change once I get Astro leveled. I'll probably use that, and perhaps use it IC as well, still debating that! 

Most of my girls IC'ly are healers so...its about the same answer for any and all girls I would play. But also OOC'ly I do love to level so I have a few classes leveled on one girl or another.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Uther - 07-09-2015

Warrior is on here twice.

I put DoW, I guess, because Tancred is using spears, axes, swords, knives, and bows whenever they're available. After losing the hammer he was known for in the Garlean War, he's been trying out new weapons and fighting styles based on the cultures he travels through and whatever weapon is available at the time.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Caspar - 07-09-2015

It's a bit tougher than it seems for me because of where I stretched canon. In the game, the Monk class always uses the Fist of Rhalgr, so Virara is technically not a Monk according to those terms; her style developed from the same roots, but was never an established monastic order and uses entirely different techniques. That would make her a Pugilist, except she uses physical abilities more commonly associated with Monks, even if she doesn't consciously manipulate chakra. (Minus the laserbeams and whatnot.) Her style is intended for assassinations, so while she herself is pretty straightforward, with the skills taught to her that she makes poor use of, Virara might even fit into Ninja. Still that is a stretch, because she fights barehanded when she can, and while she's capable of stealth, she doesn't avail herself of it that often. I'll just say Monk and make it simple...

As for other jobs, she is not a professional or a member of any guild, so she can only qualify as an amateur culinarian, seeing as she's picked up some cooking knowledge over the years, she's been recently mentored by someone, and she observed cooking techniques during her ill-fated employment as a kitchen laborer at the Quicksand and later the Bismarck. She knows more or less how to catch her own fish and gather food, as well as hunt, but she has never visited any guild and thus cannot qualify as Fisher or Botanist officially. Eventually, Virara will need a stable job, and I intend to have a lot of fun finding mentors for that...

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Cynel1 - 07-16-2015

Cyneler is a Flames Solider as well as a Sultansworn.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Hammersmith - 07-17-2015

None of the above.

Hammer's a siege smith/engineer who like large, scary weaponry when he's hurting people.

You say the words "Inner Beast" or "Warrior Lore" around him he's going to assume you're drunk.  Never heard of it.

You ask him how you collapse a wall using sapper tunnels or how to make someone in plate armor regret being alive?  He'll go on for days.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Aduu Avagnar - 07-17-2015

There is no 'other' option Tongue Nako has training in both magic, sword play and unarmed combat.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Viola - 07-17-2015

Viola's a Dark Knight, through and through.

She was trained and conditioned as Judge, Jury and Executioner and she will do just that.

Basically, she's the Judge Dredd of FF14.

RE: Your Characters 'job'. - Gegenji - 07-17-2015

(07-17-2015, 09:25 AM)Viola Wrote: Basically, she's the Judge Dredd of FF14.

[Image: 375px-Judgemug.png]

Seriously, though, I'm curious how many other Judge-style characters there are. I've seen two other people who have Judge as their "first name" and apparently Viola is also going that sort of route. I have to wonder what would happen when the Judges' rulings clash.