Hydaelyn Role-Players
Do you play any other MMO's? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Do you play any other MMO's? (/showthread.php?tid=12811)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - Roe Dad - 08-09-2015

(08-09-2015, 03:36 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 03:36 PM)Okhi Lyehga Wrote: Lets see...Sw:tor, Wow, Archeage, DCUO, marvel heroes, and SW galaxies

See, I want to play SWTOR.  The problem is, every time I log in, I get annoyed by how bad the Preferred/F2Play system is.
It is fairly rough but the way I see it if Im gonna play Ill pay. Im playing to enjoy it. Like renting a movie! But yes it is quite unfair much like DCUO.

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - Faye - 08-09-2015

I dabble around in F2P MMO's sometimes, but FFXIV will always be my main. I don't have the time or money to properly give to another MMO.

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - Caspar - 08-09-2015

I do not have time to do such.
I used to play TERA though. Also, I've considered trying PSO2. (Yeah they're all weeb, so sue me.)

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - 13uddy - 08-09-2015

(08-09-2015, 03:36 PM)Okhi Lyehga Wrote: Lets see...Sw:tor, Wow, Archeage, DCUO, marvel heroes, and SW galaxies

I'm honestly surprised that I'm not more in to DCUO solely for the fact that I can actually play as a Green Lantern (my favorite superhero idea), but while I do pop in now and then, I can't seem to stay interested for longer than short spans of time.  It isn't a bad game overall or anything like that, I just can't seem to stay interested for too long.  

That said, I recently bought the Rage powers (had some spare SC from subbing to EQ2 and there was a sale) and I'm trying to think of a fun weapon to pair with it.  I'm leaning toward either shield or two-handed to start with since I've enjoyed other pairings with those weapons.

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - Roe Dad - 08-09-2015

(08-09-2015, 04:12 PM)13uddy Wrote:

I'm honestly surprised that I'm not more in to DCUO solely for the fact that I can actually play as a Green Lantern (my favorite superhero idea), but while I do pop in now and then, I can't seem to stay interested for longer than short spans of time.  It isn't a bad game overall or anything like that, I just can't seem to stay interested for too long.  

That said, I recently bought the Rage powers (had some spare SC from subbing to EQ2 and there was a sale) and I'm trying to think of a fun weapon to pair with it.  I'm leaning toward either shield or two-handed to start with since I've enjoyed other pairings with those weapons.
For Rage I went fist. I typically play with a bow on my healer or a rifle.

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - Sen - 08-15-2015

(08-09-2015, 03:48 PM)Caspar Wrote: I do not have time to do such.
I used to play TERA though. Also, I've considered trying PSO2. (Yeah they're all weeb, so sue me.)
Hrrk. I used to play TERA as well. I used to think the game so wonderful until I tried FFXIV. I could go on for days about the things I don't like from the former...

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - Flickering Ember - 08-15-2015

With the amount of time needed for MMOs, I can't imagine people playing more than one and being able to keep up with RP in both. I don't play more than one at a time but I have tried and always failed miserably.

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - mongi291 - 08-15-2015

I play FFXI and DCUO from time to time.

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - CrimsonMars - 08-15-2015

Dungeon Fighter Online.

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - Nero - 08-15-2015

I enjoy Guild Wars 2 quite a bit; waiting for Heart of Thorns to drop and have the tomes ready to dash all the way to 80. I appreciate that I can pick it up and drop it whenever I want, and while the PvP occasionally has its issues (Skyhammer....) I never feel like it's unfair and I always enjoy when a game has a good PvP component. I also like the Barbie Dressup progression - horizontal progression where the only thing that separates the gear is the type of stats you want on it as opposed to the number of stats and what the gear looks like. There's no real treadmill outside of putting outfits together and trying out different builds.

I don't think it'll take over FFXIV as my main MMO for some time - for one, I don't roleplay on Guild Wars 2 at all and I basically have no friends on there (though that's okay because GW2 is hugely friendly to solo play) but it's a very nice option to have. Gonna get that Revenant!

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - Maril - 08-15-2015

I used to have like a back-up mmorpg I'd derp about in for no reason, but with FFXIV I am so satisfied with what we're getting that I haven't felt the urge to play anything else at the same time. There also isn't really any mmorpg's out there I find interesting, I've tried most of the bigger titles at some point and they all have some things I just can't ignore that bugs me.

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - Viola - 08-17-2015

Trove, primarily.

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - Rising - 08-17-2015

GW2, WoW, SW:TOR with many max level characters and heavily RP'd in game. RIFT, LotRO, TSW, were all tried with varying levels of success.

GW2 is my main MMO and FFXIV is the new kid on the block for me. There is a host of things I love about GW2 and I don't foresee leaving it. That said, I love the RP friendliness of FFXIV! It's a steep learning curve for me as far as how to play the game and how things work... and where the heck is my dodge?! Ahem... All the games I've played before, I leveled with someone that knew the ropes and I find myself sadly alone in FFXIV.

I still dabble in WoW at times... too many hours into that game, too many characters, too much gold just sitting there... But, the love is gone. Last RP partner there is gone and we no longer play together. SW:TOR is okay game wise, if subbed, but RP wise, I only went to that game for the RP partner. Now that we are no longer partners, I can't even stomach the thought of RP in that game. I just hate the universe. The rest I was never too attached to.

So, yeah, GW2 is my first love, and if I ever figure out FFXIV, I can see it being a good option.

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - V'aleera - 08-17-2015

I keep meaning to get back into EVE myself.

RE: Do you play any other MMO's? - Enla - 08-17-2015

I tend to keep to one at a time, particularly for RP. I'm not very skilled at juggling more than that in all truth. Blush I've played GW2, SWTOR, LoTRO, Planetside 2, Raiderz, and Tera - though the latter two were only for a few levels before I realized they weren't for me. There were a couple others here and there, but very few I got past the first level for. If I'm going to play an MMO till level cap, I have to commit to it. I can't MMO hop between two or more at a time depending on my mood that particular day, as shown by my transition from SWTOR to LoTRO. Which means that if I'm still playing FF14 by the time Star Citizen is released it'll be very interesting to see how I manage.