Hydaelyn Role-Players
FFXIV 2.0, the new server, and us. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: FFXIV 2.0, the new server, and us. (/showthread.php?tid=1309)

Pages: 1 2

Re: FFXIV 2.0, the new server, and us. - Gerik - 12-17-2012

I'm like 100% sure they won't strip our character data Niteshade.

Re: FFXIV 2.0, the new server, and us. - Tadir - 12-17-2012

I don't remember where, but I'm pretty sure they have discussed what will transfer and what won't. They aren't stripping characters, levels or any of that.

Re: FFXIV 2.0, the new server, and us. - Kylin - 12-18-2012

The rumors are 100% incorrect. All character data from 1.0 is transferring to 2.0. There are some things that aren't transferring (like guild marks, faction points, some quest progress for incomplete quests, and other little things). But level progression will transfer. Gil will be modified as well due to the redenomination process (one digit of gil being removed all across the board, including npc prices). Finally, your inventory (if above the default 100 item limit) will be distributed to a storage npc but can be retrieved at any time up to a certain point. You'll also get a one time makeover chance on your character since graphics are changing and new character creation options are being added.

But yes, the rumor is completely baseless, as SE as already confirmed otherwise themselves.

Re: FFXIV 2.0, the new server, and us. - Niteshade_Rune - 12-19-2012

Ah thanks for the quick replies all Smile
I wouldve adapted even if the rumors were true, but then I sure wont mind it staying as is, wasnt far along and i truly regret not being able to personally experience the story pre Realm Reborn, but still a relief.

Being the type who enjoys checking out ne new title that peaks my interest I'm glad this is coming back next year. It'll be like a new game and luckily there are only all of about 2 that have caught my radar of interest for 2013.

Thats a weight off my shoulders :cheer:

Re: FFXIV 2.0, the new server, and us. - Vareal - 12-21-2012

I figure that if Square were smart and wanted to accommodate the Roll Player community, they would make whatever official RP server the one that we've already designated as the Non-Official roll play server, aka Balamug. With that being said, I will go along with whatever everyone else chooses to do. Seeing as my new main character is male Miqo'te, I have no choice but to re-roll anyway. Though I'd rather not loose what I have on Ailith, to me personally it is an acceptable loss as I'm not even sure she's still alive, but I do fully comprehend everyone else's apprehension regarding the server issue. I'm sure Square won't let us down in this matter.

Re: FFXIV 2.0, the new server, and us. - Eva - 12-21-2012

Quote:Seeing as my new main character is male Miqo'te, I have no choice but to re-roll anyway.
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to re-spec your character using the accomplishments/levels/gear/gil you've already accumulated from 1.0. I've heard you may even be able to rename. So in theory, if I wanted to, I could recreate Eva as a male hellsguard roegadyn and he'd still be a champ weaver and white mage. Whether I would be able to call him "Evan" or not - so far as I know - is still up in the air. Last I heard they were leaning towards renaming as being a possibility. So you should be able to take your existing character and change race/gender/appearance/etc. when ARR comes without any issues.

Re: FFXIV 2.0, the new server, and us. - Vareal - 12-21-2012

Eva Wrote:
Quote:Seeing as my new main character is male Miqo'te, I have no choice but to re-roll anyway.
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to re-spec your character using the accomplishments/levels/gear/gil you've already accumulated from 1.0. I've heard you may even be able to rename. So in theory, if I wanted to, I could recreate Eva as a male hellsguard roegadyn and he'd still be a champ weaver and white mage. Whether I would be able to call him "Evan" or not - so far as I know - is still up in the air. Last I heard they were leaning towards renaming as being a possibility. So you should be able to take your existing character and change race/gender/appearance/etc. when ARR comes without any issues.

That would be spectacular if they allowed us to do that. I do so like my Goobbue mount.

RE: FFXIV 2.0, the new server, and us. - Averis - 04-11-2013

As others have said, if there is an official RP server, and I can't move my old character there, I think I'd rather start over then. Though, I never really got that far in 1.0, so it's not that big of a deal for me. I can certainly understand why others would not want to start over.

I'd rather be where I know most roleplayers will be in the end. Besides, leveling is part of the fun and it would be nice to see the new story from step one etc.

RE: FFXIV 2.0, the new server, and us. - Xenedra - 04-11-2013

Personally, if they make an official RP server which is not Balmung and we're not allowed to transfer immediately, I'm going to sit and wait. I've put entirely too much time until my current character, including near completion of a relic weapon, and I'm not dumping all that work.

This is, of course, with Yoshi-P's statement of "you will not be able to transfer immediately," in mind. This leads me to believe I'll be able to transfer eventually and I'm totally fine with waiting if I get to keep my character : P. It kind of just makes sense that they'd make people wait to transfer anyway, until everything settles down.

On the flip side, if someone doesn't have a lot of progression in their character, or they're starting fresh, I can see why they might just jump to the RP server. Why wait? :D

RE: FFXIV 2.0, the new server, and us. - Blade - 04-11-2013

Given that the servers are going to be divided up and changing anyways, what with the new region-oriented servers, I really can't see them making an RP server that would exclude/hinder already existing RPers. It seems like an all-around bad plan.

RE: FFXIV 2.0, the new server, and us. - Yssen - 04-11-2013

The long and the short of it is that we don't know yet, and we won't until they tell us what is up with the servers. From what they have said so far though we will be able to transfer our characters between the "older" servers, and not to the specifically meant for new players "new" servers. Whether the oft spoken of RP server will be in the category of "old" or "new" remains a mystery. Personally, I hope they are smart enough have the RP server be one of the ones we can freely shift to. Most of our final decisions cannot be made until they give us the full skinny on how stuff is going to work. Still, it is a good thing to have swimming around in our thought stew.

RE: FFXIV 2.0, the new server, and us. - Varus - 04-12-2013

In the worst case scenario, I'll opt to reroll on the new RP server and bring Tyonis over once the swaps are enabled. But, if I end up liking the new character, I may just forgo bringing Tyonis back all together. It just depends on the experience and enjoyment I gain from RPing on a new character.

RE: FFXIV 2.0, the new server, and us. - Ryanti - 04-14-2013

I'm one of those guys that didn't play XIV for long.

I'd rather transfer and have RP perks, then stay behind.

New roleplayers would go on the RP server anyhow.