Hydaelyn Role-Players
Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN (/showthread.php?tid=13212)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Star Lin - 08-31-2015

Kestlona will diffidently be the go between for the group and her teacher, Alex.  But things will change once she hits fifty and becomes teacherless so having a player base to help finish her training would be great.

John would be interested in it from the chakra connection that might be had for his study in aether.  I also will need to find a few teacher to help him with learning to fight with his fist, since he learn the hard way that he needs another field of combat training after Kit's book was thrown off the side of a cliff.  Planning on speaking to Raimy and Howl about the training but John will go to Berrod about how to use his aether in attacks.

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - CrimsonMars - 08-31-2015

Chiyo would participate of course. It is actually relatively easier for her to unlock the first of the sixth light charka than most, because her charka is naturally overactive mostly due to her personality. Despite not yet unlocking a shadow charka, she "knows" the mediation ability (assuming one would normally need to be on the shadow side of the charka to use it properly ^^). Because of all of this, her charka would open randomly getting her an uncontrollable burst of power, albeit, momentarily, usually when fighting or under stress or excitement. She already asked Berrod for help on this.

"Ugh, I need to update my wiki..."

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Yangh - 08-31-2015

It occurs to me that it might be kind of interesting to organise a Monk charka event on the dreaded Steps of Faith as there was a rather large battle there. I bet the informed among the Monks would know to journey there and see if they could unlock a chakra.

At the very least i'd be interested to know where the rest of you go about your daily training in the hopes of one day bumping in to another Monk who could give my guy an ass whooping.

He's new... he's not winning any fights any time soon, even if he does know Pugilism!

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Aya - 08-31-2015

I say... do it! ^^

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Jana - 08-31-2015

(08-31-2015, 11:23 AM)Star Lin Wrote: John would be interested in it from the chakra connection that might be had for his study in aether. 

If John ends up trying to do what Jana is essentially halfway through accomplishing... There will be much bullying!

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Hammersmith - 09-01-2015

I'll throw Hammer's name in here.

For reasons.

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Berrod Armstrong - 09-01-2015

(08-31-2015, 12:33 PM)Yangh Wrote: It occurs to me that it might be kind of interesting to organise a Monk charka event on the dreaded Steps of Faith as there was a rather large battle there. I bet the informed among the Monks would know to journey there and see if they could unlock a chakra.

At the very least i'd be interested to know where the rest of you go about your daily training in the hopes of one day bumping in to another Monk who could give my guy an ass whooping.

He's new... he's not winning any fights any time soon, even if he does know Pugilism!
That might be touchy though. If one monk uses the residual aether in the area to open a chakra, it leaves the aether unsettled afterward. When that happens, no others will be able to open a chakra there for some time. As such, a 'group event' for several monks to open chakras at the same time is a biiiiit of a stretch.

Also omg are we such heathens to go eat up the people's aether just after they only just fought and died for their nation? SAVAGES!

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Hammersmith - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 09:01 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: Also omg are we such heathens to go eat up the people's aether just after they only just fought and died for their nation? SAVAGES!

I wonder how much aether a dead dragon or 10 leaves behind

Who wants to go do some more Dragon genocide?

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - ProvaDiServo - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 09:01 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: Also omg are we such heathens to go eat up the people's aether just after they only just fought and died for their nation? SAVAGES!

Their loss is my power up

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Martiallais - 09-01-2015

While he's not a monk (and Zarek's fate is somewhat uncertain at the moment), I'd like to toss Aedan's name into the ring for helping out with all this. He's pro-Rhalgr obviously but a warrior so might take a little finagling.

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Yangh - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 09:01 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 12:33 PM)Yangh Wrote: It occurs to me that it might be kind of interesting to organise a Monk charka event on the dreaded Steps of Faith as there was a rather large battle there. I bet the informed among the Monks would know to journey there and see if they could unlock a chakra.

That might be touchy though. If one monk uses the residual aether in the area to open a chakra, it leaves the aether unsettled afterward. When that happens, no others will be able to open a chakra there for some time. As such, a 'group event' for several monks to open chakras at the same time is a biiiiit of a stretch.

Also omg are we such heathens to go eat up the people's aether just after they only just fought and died for their nation? SAVAGES!

Even with that aside, no one has to unlock anything really. Just a good excuse to get all the punchy-people in the same place. At the very least they could have a wonderful fight with an opposite sect and attempt to open up one of those chakra instead.

Also, aether is yummy. I don't need a reason beyond "GIMME A DOUBLE AETHER DRAGON BURGER PLZ!"

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Seriphyn - 09-01-2015

Given there's a paladin LS (Sultansworn) I think a monk LS would be an idea.

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Harknezz - 09-02-2015

I'd like to throw Alec's name in there. And I'd love the idea of a LS for us =]

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Virella - 09-02-2015

Savages all of you! Oh uuh, that Virella is together with a monk is uuh, details! /shoves Domri towards other monks.

That said, even if I have nothing to add IC or OOC, I friking love monk roleplayers when I see them and I really hope something gets off to the ground some time, because I still love reading about such stories and adventures (and perhaps even lurking IC on your savagery)!

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Arcian - 09-02-2015

Definitely tossing Arcian's name in there for monk shenanigans, and an LS sounds like a great idea.