Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings and Salutations, Friends! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings and Salutations, Friends! (/showthread.php?tid=14736)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Greetings and Salutations, Friends! - Roe Dad - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 05:32 PM)bFaLLeN Wrote: Good deal..

Thanks for all the info btw. I think I just have one last question, when you pick a Disciple of the Hand, do you also get gear/clothes specific to that selected profession? I'm seeing each one has their own "look" but I wasn't sure if that was a look you could get as a player or just how they showed the different professions..
Both DoH and DoL have their own endgame gear sets as well. But leveling all the classes for DoH have the same look same goes for DoL.

RE: Greetings and Salutations, Friends! - Kage - 12-27-2015

You can level -all- jobs and classes all at the same time.

At certain levels (50) and (60) each job/class will have unique gear depending on if they are PLD/WAR/SCH/WHM/SMN/BLM/BRD/DRG/MNK/NIN, or AST/DRK/MCH.

PLD - Paladin
WAR - Warrior
SCH - Scholar
SMN - Summoner
BLM - Black Mage
DRG - Dragoon
BRD - Bard
MNK - Monk
NIN - Ninja

AST - Astrologian
DRK - Dark Knight
MCH - Machinist

The first set all have unique gear at 50 and at 60. The latter 3 only have unique gear set similar to the ones posted earlier at 60.

DoH/DoL like CRP,LTW,ALC,CUL,BSM,ARM,WVR,GSM and BTN,MIN,FSH are also 50 and 60 unique sets.

CRP - Carpenter
LTW - Leatherworker
ALC - Alchemist
CUL - Culinarian
BSM - Blacksmith
ARM - Armorer
WVR - Weaver
GSM - GOldsmith

BTN - Botanist
MIN - Miner
FSH - Fisher

You can see that these sets are referred to as Artifact gear or AF. AF, AF+1 (Myth gear) or AF2.

If you are curious, look through this database here. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/

You can see the level requirements and who can wear what.

RE: Greetings and Salutations, Friends! - bFaLLeN - 12-27-2015

Thanks, I appreciate all the info. From an RP standpoint, racially, who would you say has the most potential to be used as any of the mage classes? I'm sure they can all be used, just didn't know if there are races that aren't attuned to the use of magic or races that excel over others in the use of magic, or does each race have it's own magic users? Maybe the Miqo'te have "shamans" that use magic or something like that for each race..

RE: Greetings and Salutations, Friends! - FreelanceWizard - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 08:18 PM)bFaLLeN Wrote: Thanks, I appreciate all the info. From an RP standpoint, racially, who would you say has the most potential to be used as any of the mage classes? I'm sure they can all be used, just didn't know if there are races that aren't attuned to the use of magic or races that excel over others in the use of magic, or does each race have it's own magic users? Maybe the Miqo'te have "shamans" that use magic or something like that for each race..

In terms of who the trainers and students are, the thaumaturges' guild is run by lalafell, the conjurers' guild is run by a padjal, and the arcanists' guild is run by a roegadyn currently (it's complicated Smile ). There are canonical examples of casters of all races; two miqo'te figure prominently into the arcanist storyline and a hyur girl with a special talent is key to the conjurer storyline. Anyone with the talent and inclination can join one of the guilds and learn to use magic. However, different guilds measure "talent and inclination" differently. As an example, the thaumaturges' guild won't train people with insufficient aetheric capacity, as their use of thaumaturgy would either be impossible or extremely hazardous.

The only races that have special connections to magic are non-player races. Pureblooded Garleans, as opposed to people the Empire has conquered, are genetically incapable of using magic, which is why they developed magitek. Padjal are all chosen by the elementals of the Shroud and so have a connection to them, and are also the keepers of the art of Succor (White Magic). Other than those two, no particular race is especially better or worse at using magic outside of differences in starting stats.

In terms of magical traditions, there's nothing saying that a group of people might not pass down magic in a specific way, but the majority of mages are trained by one of the three guilds and so hew to their practices. There's actually a fair amount of lore in game about on the canonical ways and means of magic; as you do the class quest lines for a guild, they'll go into detail about how magic operates (from their point of view).

RE: Greetings and Salutations, Friends! - bFaLLeN - 12-27-2015

Awesome. Thanks. I just wasn't sure if it'd make more sense from an IC standpoint for my mage to be any particular race. I think I'm stuck between a Hyur, Lalafell and a Miqo'te.. And still not sure if I want to play as a Thaumaturge/Black Mage or an Arcanist/Summoner.. I know I just want to be of the Wizardry sort. Big Grin

RE: Greetings and Salutations, Friends! - bFaLLeN - 12-30-2015

Subbing tomorrow!! I'm pretty excited!Moogle

RE: Greetings and Salutations, Friends! - Valence - 12-31-2015

If you are looking for pure stat min maxing, then all lalafells, hellsguard roegadyn, keeper mi'qote, offer generally the best average magical traits. 

However, it's maybe a difference of 3 points, or more, which is literally nothing compared to the 500-800 total pool you will get endgame. So I would say, stick with the race you wish to play the most. Read its lore, see if you enjoy it.

Good thing to know on crafting gear too: it isn't limited by your job or class, you can wear it as long as you have the level to do so with any class, which is kind of nice for RP stuff.

RE: Greetings and Salutations, Friends! - bFaLLeN - 01-05-2016

Alright! It's official! Just got transferred to Balmung today.

- Jotah'ra Bhonga

- Seeker of the Sun, Miqo'te

- Rogue