Hydaelyn Role-Players
What Would YOU Do With a Large Mansion? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: What Would YOU Do With a Large Mansion? (/showthread.php?tid=15665)

Pages: 1 2

RE: What Would YOU Do With a Large Mansion? - Zar'ine Moks - 03-27-2016

(03-26-2016, 08:15 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(03-26-2016, 08:05 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: I'd buy the item limit in partitions and build a maze spanning the entire building, and ask people to navigate it in first person. And then I'd move the walls around while people were running through.
DO THIS.

SOMEBODY DO THIS OH MY JESUS PLEASE.
I've seen something like this in the Goblet.

RE: What Would YOU Do With a Large Mansion? - Warren Castille - 03-27-2016

(03-26-2016, 08:15 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(03-26-2016, 08:05 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: I'd buy the item limit in partitions and build a maze spanning the entire building, and ask people to navigate it in first person. And then I'd move the walls around while people were running through.
DO THIS.

SOMEBODY DO THIS OH MY JESUS PLEASE.

Someone let me buy a house.

RE: What Would YOU Do With a Large Mansion? - Kaiya - 03-27-2016

My characters would have different plans but in the end I'd try and fight my urges to give into the IC things like Kaiya's library or Alasarnil's storage space or whatever.

A giant jumping puzzle. I don't know how, but I'll find a way.

RE: What Would YOU Do With a Large Mansion? - Crowefeather - 03-28-2016

"I would go with the route of using it for my FC..." Tazara tapped her chin. "Maybe even use it for gardening too... But I would never allow my people to be without a place to rest their heads."

RE: What Would YOU Do With a Large Mansion? - Kilieit - 03-29-2016

Assuming for SOME REASON it was able to be Mine and not passed to my FC (woes of knowing if you find a house in the right district, your FC needs it more than you do...) then I'd probably go about the cute idea I had for something Aghurlal would do if he ever got a place to call his own.

It's basically a pub-inn... as a sort-of-front for a soup kitchen-homeless shelter, and maybe a little bit of more shadowy sneakiness. Think like those takeaway places where you can low-key pay extra for your meal, and then if someone else comes in later who can't afford it, then oh hey, it's already paid for. If I was in a Small house (as I probably will be), then I'd have all of that upstairs, and my character's living space in the basement.

But if I had a mansion, then I could have a large restaurant and diner area in the central floor complete with reception and waiting areas; guest rooms aplenty upstairs, although I might run into item limit trouble decorating them; and living quarters for him, his husband, his retainers (who are honestly part of the extended family by that stage), and personal friend guest rooms in the basement.

Only problem is, with his current backstory, there's no possible way my character would come into enough money as to make this happen - let alone be able to maintain it while he builds a steady enough paying customer base to cover the charity side of things. It's already going to be a scramble figuring out how he could maintain a Small estate. I fear a little rewriting and retconning would have to be done. xD But it'd be worth it for the sake of doing something like this.