Hydaelyn Role-Players
How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? (/showthread.php?tid=17224)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Aaron - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 08:46 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote:
(09-11-2016, 11:38 AM)Aaron Wrote: Nothing, I'm gonna be spamming the 1v1 PvP dueling like no tomorrow.

Sorry friend I heard it's going to be an FFA Gurubashi Arena style. So.. any hope I had for that is gone. I REALLY hope I'm wrong. REALLY hope. The direct translation said dueling. The live letter video shows a pit people are killing eachother in aimlessly.

Anyway that put a whole damper on my everything. As I was thinking of getting my RP ducks in a row. I was thinking of making an RP-PvP free company with some weekly /duel tournaments and the like.. as soon as I could get my paws on a large house. Buuut if it's just going to be an FFA arena? Goddamnit that will make organizing shit too difficult. It will already be difficult because anything IC will have to be in a linkshell/alliance/free company chat, due to the pvpers who are going to be around there and not be RP friendly....... MMMMMMM.
. . . . You had 1 job SE. . .

At any rate I wasn't looking at it as a RP opportunity, I just wanted to 1v1 people and laugh as I bathe in their blood.

But, if what you say is true, guess I'll just let everyone kill each other then swoop in a destroy the survivors like a tactical genius.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Gabineaux - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 09:37 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(09-11-2016, 11:38 AM)Aaron Wrote: Nothing, I'm gonna be spamming the 1v1 PvP dueling like no tomorrow.

Sorry friend I heard it's going to be an FFA Gurubashi Arena style. So.. any hope I had for that is gone. I REALLY hope I'm wrong. REALLY hope. The direct translation said dueling. The live letter video shows a pit people are killing eachother in aimlessly.

Anyway that put a whole damper on my everything. As I was thinking of getting my RP ducks in a row. I was thinking of making an RP-PvP free company with some weekly /duel tournaments and the like.. as soon as I could get my paws on a large house. Buuut if it's just going to be an FFA arena? Goddamnit that will make organizing shit too difficult. It will already be difficult because anything IC will have to be in a linkshell/alliance/free company chat, due to the pvpers who are going to be around there and not be RP friendly....... MMMMMMM.

At any rate I wasn't looking at it as a RP opportunity, I just wanted to 1v1 people and laugh as I bathe in their blood.

But, if what you say is true, guess I'll just let everyone kill each other then swoop in a destroy the survivors like a tactical genius.

I'm not 100%, I'm just going by what I've heard. I won't know anything for sure until the patch drops. Just got my fingers crossed. I loove RP-PvP. I've been trying to think of an FC idea for AGES. Everything I've come up with has been done. Yeah yeah yeah nothing is original but I didn't feel I could do any of those things better than the people who are already doing it. If that makes sense. But I've done the RP-PvP thing on other MMOs before. I'd looove to do it again even if other people are already planning it. Even if I have to restrict the RP to linkshells and party chat to spare us from the pvpers who are going to be lurking around. I guess, even if it is an FFA arena, I can still come up with something. I shouldn't be so negative.

EITHER WAY. I guess I better go run haukke manor hard mode a thousand times and sit on some varnish. Better craft a bunch of stuff for inside house stuff. Those apartments are gonna need to be furnished! Make some $$$.

Edit: A friend linked me this nifty thing so I have hope. http://gamerescape.com/2016/08/16/duel-mode-spectator-mode-more-coming-to-ffxiv/

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Heidrek - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 09:53 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote:

I'm not 100%, I'm just going by what I've heard. I won't know anything for sure until the patch drops. Just got my fingers crossed.
Edit: A friend linked me this nifty thing so I have hope.

http://gamerescape.com/2016/08/16/duel-mode-spectator-mode-more-coming-to-ffxiv/

So you saw that a feature you wanted was coming to the game but didn't read any of the information that came along with it?

[Image: 3.0]

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Gabineaux - 09-13-2016

(09-12-2016, 11:52 PM)Heidrek Wrote:
(09-12-2016, 09:53 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote:

I'm not 100%, I'm just going by what I've heard. I won't know anything for sure until the patch drops. Just got my fingers crossed.
Edit: A friend linked me this nifty thing so I have hope.

http://gamerescape.com/2016/08/16/duel-mode-spectator-mode-more-coming-to-ffxiv/

So you saw that a feature you wanted was coming to the game but didn't read any of the information that came along with it?

[Image: 3.0]

I read, then I saw the liveletter that showed absolutely no 1v1 combat. None at all. Just what looked like FFA pvp. Then I watched as a chat channel of people plotted to camp said FFA pvp pit so nobody could ever enjoy it. I mean, this wouldn't be the first time SE has promised something... aaaand then never followed up with whatsoever. Or outright gave us something ENTIRELY DIFFERENT than what was promised.

Summoner Egi Reskins.
Ishgard Housing. (Apartments? ISHGARD APARTMENTS! No wait, Mist/LB/Goblet apartments. Boo.)
Custom Interface/Addons. (Wasn't there actual pictures of them developing this floating around?)
More Inventory Space. (Looks like that's for next expac?? ??? Or if you want to buy it.)

So really, with how PVP looks on this game thus far. I.. am not going to be surprised if this stuff is pushed back or not done at all. I would cry to the heavens and rejoice to Yoshida if they just got rid of GC requirements for frontlines. What a great thing that would be for queue times. But nah, the LORE. Yokai for the LORE. Laugh But yes I should read more information.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Berrod Armstrong - 09-13-2016

How are you preparing for patch 3.4?
I'm not. I'm just going to let it crash into me in a complete state of unreadiness.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - K'nahli - 09-13-2016

It's nice that I can now purchase an apartment or two without having to worry about it being at the expense of anyone who has no home whatsoever so I will be looking forward to something else come 3.4, though I doubt I can call it preparation.

I suppose you could say I am thinking of ways I might get out of work on the 27th though, haha.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - GhostlyMaiden - 09-13-2016

Absolutely nothing! Once I got my 230 gear, I just kinda gave up on content. I guess I'll maybe try to clear Nidhogg EX so I can get that nice looking weapon.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Oyuu - 09-13-2016

I'm not really preparing myself as MSQ is done and Coil is cleared and my iLvl is alright I guess. Been mostly helping mates clear Coil and just planning for future FC activities etc. It'll be the first time I'm not taking a day off for the patch, so yeah, not super hyped at all. The most I'm looking forward to is new house furnishings, MSQ and hairstyles if there's any.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Steel Wolf - 09-13-2016

I'm at iL230 on my tankess, so it's all just flopping about and trying to fit in to RP in the meantime. I'm also super-casually kitting up my MCH.

Coil doesn't factor in to any plans; I don't care about Coil and am not willing to put up with PUG bullcrap on my first-ever runs for three or five different lines of dialogue. I'll just watch a video and expunge myself of that "EX filth".

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - ExAtomos - 09-13-2016

Mostly getting each role's gear set over 225 on my gameplay main and getting the main class for a couple other characters over that number. Closer to day of, I'll make note of the unlock locations for everything. Getting my two level 50ish characters through as much msq as I can before patch drops. Actually... just RP and yokai. ; u ;

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Kodie - 09-13-2016

I just realize I should probably do the second part of the Warring Triad story line, finished it last night, just coasting until 3.4 otherwise. I was burned out on dungeons after getting my 240 relic so looking forward to seeing some new things to get burned out on later lol.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Leggerless - 09-13-2016

By taking a trip through Colorado the week its released.

Also just chilling because i got above i230 right now, so not really bothering with content.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Greybarren - 09-13-2016

By continue to do what I have always done:

With no swivin' clue.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - CrimsonMars - 09-24-2016

Sorry for going off-topic but I got a quick unrelated question: During maintenance, will the "Play" button automatically switch on when the servers come back online or will we have to refresh the client? I'm on PS4 btw.

Back on topic, all I really want is my own apartment in Ul'dah. Otherwise, I'm as prepared as I'll ever be. Tongue

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Aaron - 09-24-2016

(09-24-2016, 02:46 PM)CrimsonMars Wrote: Sorry for going off-topic but I got a quick unrelated question: During maintenance, will the "Play" button automatically switch on when the servers come back online or will we have to refresh the client? I'm on PS4 btw.

Back on topic, all I really want is my own apartment in Ul'dah. Otherwise, I'm as prepared as I'll ever be. Tongue
It'll pop right back on without any reset of the client.

I did it with 2.4 and HW.