Hydaelyn Role-Players
RP Help for Beginners - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: RP Help for Beginners (/showthread.php?tid=2746)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: RP Help for Beginners - Belfor - 08-07-2013

Any chance of getting a repeat of this during OB?

Mayhaps we can make this a casual weekly thing.  Thoughts?

Concept is spot on.  Wish I could see it in action...

RE: RP Help for Beginners - Magellan - 08-07-2013

My intention was to run it monthly =)

Since the majority of my activities will be on Balmung, I figured I would run the event once a month on both servers. Perhaps bi-weekly if the activity level warrants it!

RE: RP Help for Beginners - Kellen whitewolf - 08-07-2013

hey sign me up could use all they help i can get

RE: RP Help for Beginners - Gideon Aryeh - 08-09-2013

I was going to do something similar during OB so I can if anyone would like a session during that time if I'm on. That Friday would be best for me personally. State in the Rping in Gilgamesh? thread that you would like something like this during OB also so that others can join in and help you. I can pretty much almost always do this if you see me on so it won't be a problem. My approach is starting out simple with a few character personality exercises that I've found that anyone can do icly. I'm also planning to do some rp lessons in Coalition OOC channel.

RE: RP Help for Beginners - Magellan - 08-09-2013

I would love to run and/or assist in this with you Rock! You are the one who originally convinced me to check out ARR, so it would be great to run an event together!

RE: RP Help for Beginners - Kellen whitewolf - 08-09-2013

well im down with that like i said before i can get, my biggest is braken my shell im convince myself ( im not get laughed at im not going get laughed ) lol thats what i need to work on cus my goal is to be a heavy Rpr

Kellen; please feel free to message me with any questions, or if you'd like to run some practice RP. The biggest things beginners face is lack of confidence and underestimating themselves. The quickest way to change that is to jump right in and practice!

I promise I don't bite... hard.... >_>

RE: RP Help for Beginners - Belfor - 08-09-2013

Rock, I think that Friday would work well I'm just afraid that not all beginning RPers might be able to start on the 16th since that day is reserved for previous Beta Testers.  

Maybe sometime on the weekend would be friendlier?  In either case I'm sure I can get a good showing from some members of my RP group that don't have a lot of experience RPing in an MMO.  Should be fun!

RE: RP Help for Beginners - Gideon Aryeh - 08-09-2013

(08-09-2013, 12:07 PM)Belfor Wrote: Rock, I think that Friday would work well I'm just afraid that not all beginning RPers might be able to start on the 16th since that day is reserved for previous Beta Testers.  

Maybe sometime on the weekend would be friendlier?  In either case I'm sure I can get a good showing from some members of my RP group that don't have a lot of experience RPing in an MMO.  Should be fun!
 Oh no no I just meant that's when I personally can do it for those who have expressed wanting it on here. Saturday for me is flaky due to RL responsibilities but if you can do it then that would be great as I love your scenarios!

Sundays work best for me. Plus I can schedule it midday then, to allow EU players a chance to participate

RE: RP Help for Beginners - Belfor - 08-13-2013

Is there some sort of consensus on this? I'm sure I can get some interest going from some members of my FC who are new to RP. It would be awesome to get some help from some veterans.

RE: RP Help for Beginners - Gideon Aryeh - 08-13-2013

(08-13-2013, 10:40 PM)Belfor Wrote: Is there some sort of consensus on this? I'm sure I can get some interest going from some members of my FC who are new to RP. It would be awesome to get some help from some veterans.
I can do a session in ul'dah saturday night after 10pm est

RE: RP Help for Beginners - Vashies Alexander - 08-14-2013

ill be there to to show up and watch. You know to see the new people.

RE: RP Help for Beginners - Magellan - 08-15-2013

I will leave this event completely up to Rock; since most of my w/e will be dedicated to levelling, and since I am on the Balmung server, I probably will not be able to volunteer to help out on thisparticular weekend.

RE: RP Help for Beginners - Belfor - 08-15-2013

(08-13-2013, 10:47 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
(08-13-2013, 10:40 PM)Belfor Wrote: Is there some sort of consensus on this? I'm sure I can get some interest going from some members of my FC who are new to RP. It would be awesome to get some help from some veterans.
I can do a session in ul'dah saturday night after 10pm est
Sounds good Rock.  I'll be meeting up with my FC/RP mates just before so that's pretty good timing.  We'll all head over there from Gridania.

Where in Ul'dah did you have in mind?  And by the way, thanks for doing this!