Hydaelyn Role-Players
Seasonal Storytelling Circles - feedback? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Seasonal Storytelling Circles - feedback? (/showthread.php?tid=3011)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Seasonal Storytelling Circles - feedback? - K'tahrl - 07-23-2013

There's a few locations in Thanalan that are off the beaten path so to speak.  I think there's atleast 2 tavern's during your questline's.  Coffin and Coffer and another one at a different Camp.  Though depending on how many people would be participating Coffin and Coffer would get pretty stuffy pretty quick for the size of the location.

RE: Seasonal Storytelling Circles - feedback? - Fiona - 07-23-2013

I would love to attend something like this! It sounds like it can be fun. This would be a Balmung event right? I hope it's held some place I can safely get to with a lowbie character.

I don't know if I'd have the courage to share a story to a group of people though.. so I probably won't be able to contribute. =T

RE: Seasonal Storytelling Circles - feedback? - Clover - 07-23-2013

I love this idea! I'm up for any event that manages to reunite a lot of characters together. Truth be told, I doubt my main character would (initially) want to tell any kind of story to anyone, but I hope she can still attend the event as an spectator.

RE: Seasonal Storytelling Circles - feedback? - Eva - 07-23-2013

(07-23-2013, 08:26 AM)Fiona Wrote: This would be a Balmung event right?

Oh yes, I probably should have specified such, but this will be Balmung.  But it would be swell if a group gathered on Gilgamesh at some point to hold a similar sort of storytelling event, assuming folks playing on that server were so inclined.

Also since there seem to be a number of RPers who are interested in attending but not actively participating, that's normally fine.  I think most of these events have been good for usually about 7-10 stories before folks started getting tired and going off their own way.  The problems arise when there's only one or two who have stories planned, but in the past what we've done in such instances was have a "Story-Go-Round" where everyone forms a circle and someone leads off with a sentence or two and then the next person picks it up with a sentence or two, etc, etc, and it goes full circle once or twice (or three times or more if it's a good story).  It's usually good silly fun and everyone gets to be a part of it (except for the one or two who are inevitably AFK lol).  But generally speaking, I prefer it when there are a handful of people who have some sort of story prepared, or who are able to tell a story off the cuff.

I'm looking forward to this too now, though!  Bouncy

EDIT TO ADD: I also really like the idea of keeping it seasonal and changing around the location each time. Maybe Ul'dah/Thanalan in winter, Gridania/Shroud in spring, LimsaLominsa/LaNoscea in summer, and Owl's Nest in autumn. Or something like that. Good thinking! Thumbsup