Hydaelyn Role-Players
Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes (/showthread.php?tid=3545)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Ryanti - 08-14-2013

I was very impressed with the weather effects. It seems that they are seperating idle thunder from lightning, and storms from rain. I also appreciate the additional weather including sand storms, dust storms, heat waves, and separating snow from blizzards. The fog is great as well. I wonder whether or not they will have morning fog.

It might seem like little things, but it makes Eorzea feel so much more organic.

I also appreciate the /visor emote, being a GLD and later a PLD. I will be utilizing that a lot, and it's yet another little thing. The little things stack up.

Especially the lip syncing and the materia feature of being able to fuse someone's materia with someone else's weapon.

Very, very nice.

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Ildur - 08-15-2013

Nobody has mentioned the lip sync when chatting? I'm gonna mention it: Lip sync when chatting!

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Naunet - 08-15-2013

(08-15-2013, 02:09 AM)Ildur Wrote: Nobody has mentioned the lip sync when chatting? I'm gonna mention it: Lip sync when chatting!

Meaningless when I can't read the chat in the first place! D: D: D:

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Colyer - 08-15-2013

(08-14-2013, 09:48 PM)Ryanti Wrote: I was very impressed with the weather effects. It seems that they are seperating idle thunder from lightning, and storms from rain. I also appreciate the additional weather including sand storms, dust storms, heat waves, and separating snow from blizzards. The fog is great as well. I wonder whether or not they will have morning fog.

It might seem like little things, but it makes Eorzea feel so much more organic.

I also appreciate the /visor emote, being a GLD and later a PLD. I will be utilizing that a lot, and it's yet another little thing. The little things stack up.

Especially the lip syncing and the materia feature of being able to fuse someone's materia with someone else's weapon.

Very, very nice.

While I sure people will complain, I would love it if Limsa gets hit with pea-soup thick fog on the rare occasion.

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Ryanti - 08-15-2013

(08-15-2013, 01:49 PM)Colyer Wrote: While I sure people will complain, I would love it if Limsa gets hit with pea-soup thick fog on the rare occasion.

Let them.

It'll allow people to realize that FFXIV ARR isn't just some generic fantasy illuminated space that you grind stuff in. That it's actually a living, breathing world that'll have *gasps* environmental challenges that change by the day. Just like in real life.

RE: Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes - Colyer - 08-15-2013

(08-15-2013, 01:52 PM)Ryanti Wrote:
(08-15-2013, 01:49 PM)Colyer Wrote: While I sure people will complain, I would love it if Limsa gets hit with pea-soup thick fog on the rare occasion.

Let them.

It'll allow people to realize that FFXIV ARR isn't just some generic fantasy illuminated space that you grind stuff in. That it's actually a living, breathing world that'll have *gasps* environmental challenges that change by the day. Just like in real life.

Yeah, but after the fallout over the zombie event on WoW (which I was sadly out of town for) I just don't think they will put in Mr. Magoo fog in, even for the short real time it will take for an in-game morning to pass.