Hydaelyn Role-Players
Pre-Order Code Question. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Pre-Order Code Question. (/showthread.php?tid=3752)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Desmond Aryll - 08-20-2013

Just tried to input my code. Still saying "There was a problem. Please try again later."

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - K'nahli - 08-20-2013

I was becoming a little worried since I heard mentioned of an 18 digit code AND a 20 digit code in regards to the pre-order and early access but all I ever got was the 20-digit beta code so I thought I got skipped on the earlier one and would lose EA, eheh.

Ah well, it's a relief to see that other EU users didn't get the code then.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Dubs - 08-20-2013

Once the emails go out I will assume they have activated the servers for registration access. For now best to wait until then.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Rinh Hallani - 08-20-2013

I just got this email from support when I emailed them about the code:

Quote:If you have pre-ordered the PC version of the game from the Square Enix Store you will receive the Pre-order Bonus code (20 digits) by email on the 20th August or 21st August at the latest. If you have not received your code by Thursday 22nd August, please contact us again with your Square Enix Store order number.

So for EU players at least, if we don't get a code by Thursday then we can start panicking haha.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Dubs - 08-20-2013

On a side note for anyone that Pre-Ordered through Amazon and didn't get their Promotional Code immediately after ordering, there was indeed some technical error that was going around.

I originally ordered on Aug 5th and on their product description page they indicated that the follow up email with your promotional code would arrive within 2 days. That never happened for me so 10 days later I emailed customer service and got this reply.

"I've checked your account and see that, the order wasn't completed due to some technical error. I'm very sorry about this error.

To help you with this, I've canceled your order and I request you to go ahead and place a new order. I've provided the link for your convenience:

(NOTE: removed linked for sensitive info related reasons)

Please be assured, your account wasn't charged for this order.

Should you encounter any trouble placing an order or accessing the code, please reach us by visiting the below link and we'll assist you right away: "

After they cancelled my order I re-ordered and got the promotional code immediately. So there was some "technical error"occurring preventing people from receiving this email.  I hope this helps anyone who didn't get their code initially.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Eve Malusion - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 02:01 PM)katattax Wrote: I just got this email from support when I emailed them about the code:

Quote:If you have pre-ordered the PC version of the game from the Square Enix Store you will receive the Pre-order Bonus code (20 digits) by email on the 20th August or 21st August at the latest. If you have not received your code by Thursday 22nd August, please contact us again with your Square Enix Store order number.

So for EU players at least, if we don't get a code by Thursday then we can start panicking haha.
Well at least we know, appreciate you checking.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Elicoidali - 08-20-2013

Wait. So...

[Image: 46s4a.png]

...Is the Pre-order code the same as that Serial number there?

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Naunet - 08-20-2013

Can someone help me? The beta forums are being rather unresponsive.

Whenever I try to log in on the preorder.na site, it just takes me to this page:

[Image: y7oQ8BL.png]

Which... is very silly, considering I've already filled out all of that information (obviously - I've been posting on the beta forums as Naunet). My partner didn't run into this, so I'm very confused. I can log in at this link just fine, but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to input a registration code on that page.

Halp? @.@

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - LiadansWhisper - 08-20-2013

Okay, so, there are two websites.

One is the Nationally-affiliated Square website for your country.  Such as, for me, as a US Citizen, there is: http://na.square-enix.com/

One is the "clearinghouse" website that actually controls your Beta access, your game access, and is where you will be actually paying for FFXIV access.  It is: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/

The pre-order website (http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ is the US site) is actually running through your nationally-affiliated website.  So whatever account you have at your national site is the one you use there.

When you enter your code in the preorder site, it is supposed to respond with another code that you can then take to the clearinghouse website (the place that actually controls your account access and subscriptions) and enter it to get early access.

Currently the pre-order website isn't functioning, and the clearinghouse website won't let you input the code even if you do get it (their registration isn't yet activated).  And yes, this is really confusing and dumb, imo.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Valtiere - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 02:27 PM)Naunet Wrote: Can someone help me? The beta forums are being rather unresponsive.

Whenever I try to log in on the preorder.na site, it just takes me to this page:

Which... is very silly, considering I've already filled out all of that information (obviously - I've been posting on the beta forums as Naunet). My partner didn't run into this, so I'm very confused. I can log in at this link just fine, but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to input a registration code on that page.

Halp? @.@

I noticed this too and it honestly has me a little worried. I don't know whether the log-in for the beta forums is different but it almost seems like they've two different sites. I'm pretty sure when I logged in to the beta forums it used the service account log in, not that other one. I found that completing that form, using the log-in details I use to access the game, allowed me to then go back and put in the code. Or it would if the code thing was working.

My concern though is that when I use the log-in details for my actual service account (this link) to log-in to the registration one (which appears as you say to be a different site - if you complete that form there it'll finalise the set up of an account there) it lets me log in, but it doesn't show my 1.0 FFXIV game under the games listing. I can see the game account on my service account, but not that other site (preorder.na) despite using the exact same log-in details. Which leaves me concerned as to whether putting in the pre-order code is going to work or not. I don't want to put it in and then find that it didn't apply to my 1.0 account.

(08-20-2013, 04:49 PM)Lothaire Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 02:27 PM)Naunet Wrote: Can someone help me? The beta forums are being rather unresponsive.

Halp? @.@

I have the same thing and it honestly has me a little worried. When I use the log-in details for my actual service account (this link) to log-in to the registration one (which appears as you say to be a different site - if you complete that form there it'll finalise the set up of an account there) it lets me log in, but it doesn't show my 1.0 FFXIV game under the games listing. I can see the game account on my service account, but not that other site despite using the exact same log-in details. Which leaves me concerned as to whether putting in the pre-order code is going to work or not.

The two accounts are not connected.

They aren't connected at all.  You can use the same information in both, or use completely different information.  The nationally-affiliated account has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you get Early Access.  The 20-digit code you get from entering the 18-digit code in the pre-order site needs to be entered into your service account.  As long as your service account actually has the code entered, and reflects that you have early access, you have early access.

Again, the two accounts are not connected.  Which is dumb, and confusing, but there you have it.

Edited to Add: I realized that this is just...I get confused reading my own post.

Okay. So. You pre-ordered the game. YAY! You should have either a) received a receipt with an 18 digit code on it (if you ordered from Square US, you should have gotten it, and I hear Amazon was doing the same), or b) gotten an email from your vendor with the code.

That is the 18-digit code. You are meant to take that code and go to the pre-order site and enter it in. If all goes well, you should get a second code that is 20 digits long.

That 20 digit code needs to be entered on your service account. As long as the 20 digit code is attached to your service account, you will get early access.

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - Valtiere - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 04:54 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:

Halp? @.@

I have the same thing and it honestly has me a little worried. When I use the log-in details for my actual service account (this link) to log-in to the registration one (which appears as you say to be a different site - if you complete that form there it'll finalise the set up of an account there) it lets me log in, but it doesn't show my 1.0 FFXIV game under the games listing. I can see the game account on my service account, but not that other site despite using the exact same log-in details. Which leaves me concerned as to whether putting in the pre-order code is going to work or not.

They aren't connected at all.  You can use the same information in both, or use completely different information.  The nationally-affiliated account has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you get Early Access.  The 20-digit code you get from entering the 18-digit code in the pre-order site needs to be entered into your service account.  As long as your service account actually has the code entered, and reflects that you have early access, you have early access.

Again, the two accounts are not connected.  Which is dumb, and confusing, but there you have it.

Edited to Add: I realized that this is just...I get confused reading my own post.

Okay. So. You pre-ordered the game. YAY! You should have either a) received a receipt with an 18 digit code on it (if you ordered from Square US, you should have gotten it, and I hear Amazon was doing the same), or b) gotten an email from your vendor with the code.

That is the 18-digit code. You are meant to take that code and go to the pre-order site and enter it in. If all goes well, you should get a second code that is 20 digits long.

That 20 digit code needs to be entered on your service account. As long as the 20 digit code is attached to your service account, you will get early access.

That just seems... so confusing. O.O I am easily confused at the best of times but this is... ugh.

So, if I'm getting this right - I can put the pre-order code that is in the e-mail into the pre-order website, which is attached to the nationalised site. That will give me a second code, which I then log-in to my service account and input there?

And that should give me early access on that account?

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - doctorgalactic - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 04:54 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:

Halp? @.@

I hate to have so many quotes in my reply, but ti is all relevant.  I had the time and inclination to sit on hold with SE support for 45 minutes this afternoon in regards to this exact issue.  I was helped by a very tired but friendly guy named Daniel, and I was able to properly explain the issue to him. 

The issue is that due to server limitations, the system is automatically off-loading NA users to the EU site.  Yes, I know, you've clicked the American flag and attempted to login with your typical Square-Enix account, but it still takes you there.  Clearing cookies doesn't help, refreshing doesn't help.  The good news is that SE is aware of this, and they essentially want you to wait it out until the server capacity drops a bit.  

Not everyone is having this issue, and it doesn't seem to be as high priority as the "Something went wrong, please try again later" error.  If you look at the fine print on the bottom of that screen you can see that the domain you've entered is registered in London.  A fellow RPCer went through all of the same steps without issue, so just keep trying.

TL;DR ~ Don't worry about it, try again late.  Love, Squee

RE: Pre-Order Code Question. - doctorgalactic - 08-20-2013

Relevant to my previous post, this is the current screen when attempting to login to square-enix-

[Image: Ct6U8k0.png]

(08-20-2013, 05:04 PM)doctorgalactic Wrote: I hate to have so many quotes in my reply, but ti is all relevant.  I had the time and inclination to sit on hold with SE support for 45 minutes this afternoon in regards to this exact issue.  I was helped by a very tired but friendly guy named Daniel, and I was able to properly explain the issue to him. 

The issue is that due to server limitations, the system is automatically off-loading NA users to the EU site.  Yes, I know, you've clicked the American flag and attempted to login with your typical Square-Enix account, but it still takes you there.  Clearing cookies doesn't help, refreshing doesn't help.  The good news is that SE is aware of this, and they essentially want you to wait it out until the server capacity drops a bit.  

Not everyone is having this issue, and it doesn't seem to be as high priority as the "Something went wrong, please try again later" error.  If you look at the fine print on the bottom of that screen you can see that the domain you've entered is registered in London.  A fellow RPCer went through all of the same steps without issue, so just keep trying.

TL;DR ~ Don't worry about it, try again late.  Love, Squee

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That explains why I was seeing an eu site loading in the bottom left of my Chrome window.  I had this feeling that maybe something was pulling from somewhere else, but that would explain everything.