Hydaelyn Role-Players
RP Servers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RP Servers (/showthread.php?tid=3805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: RP server discussion video - Nel Celestine - 08-11-2013

(08-11-2013, 01:42 PM)Fiona Swift Wrote: An excellent video that was neutral and provided a lot of information as to the perks of both servers

Orson Wells Approves

~sniffle~  poor Unicron

RE: RP server discussion video - Vee - 08-11-2013

Yes! I will suggest this when I happen to be posting on welcome topics and people are debating which server to go to, very good to see stuff like this happening. Big Grin

RE: RP server discussion video - LiadansWhisper - 08-11-2013

Thank you for posting this!  This has helped cement my decision on which server I want to go to.  Smile

RE: RP server discussion video - Frenzic - 08-12-2013

I'm new here and know nothing of your reasons for wanting to play on any particular server and I'm not here to judge just give some more information.

I'm part of a hardcore mmo community that are extreme elitest. I am choosing not to be a part of them for FFXIV because I want to take it slow and enjoy the game with nice people for a change. The community is called Rerolled.org (formally Fires of heaven) and they are going to gilgamesh in full stride. Add them to the list of questionable communities going there.

RE: RP server discussion video - Kyatai - 08-14-2013

Ack.
I've never experienced FoH, but I've heard stories from others when I played WoW & Rift....

Hopefully wont be too bad for the folks going to Gilgamesh, though.... FoH typically rush for endgame and sever firsts, right?

RE: RP server discussion video - Amyr Mythweaver - 08-14-2013

I thought that the video was very well presented considering the contentious issue at hand, it was clear that you all wanted it to be as neutral as possible and it was well thought out, I think you covered pretty much all the questions players might have regarding their choice of server.

Well done, not only because of the quality of the presentation but your still here trying to keep us (the RP community) informed and not giving into the frustration this topic has stirred up, I admire that I really do.

The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Algin - 08-21-2013

I know that unofficial RP server for EU is propably going to be Moogle,  but as it's mostly french server, and I don't know much French, I'm bit on the fence to go there.

I was thinking of Balmung, but as it's US player and I also like to do pure PvE stuff alongside with RP, I'm curious, if there will be enough players in my playtime (I think it will be about 3pm-7pm EST time), so I can play with others there Smile

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Clover - 08-21-2013

Another split? O_O

Well, I'm an EU player, playing with other EU players who have gone to Balmung. It's the original unofficial RP servers, so it's open for everyone around the world. If you'd like to be around other players from Europe, there's a Linkshell and an endgame focused Free company for European RPers to keep in touch ^^

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - ArmachiA - 08-21-2013

Since all the servers (Eu and NA) are in Montreal, I have no idea why the EU players would choose to go somewhere else

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Viper - 08-21-2013

I really don't see the point in another "unnoficial RP server"  There's already two of them.  Why water down your options more?

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Moondoggie - 08-21-2013

By the sound of it a lot of EU  players either already have played on there or are going there so no matter what time you play you will be able to find people. I've found with American players they come with all sorts of play times so you can see them around all the time.

You have to remember it's a big enough country that they have quite a bit of timezone difference between east and west. In all peak times seem to be early morning  and evenings for EU time to NA time but like i said players from NA seem to be around at any time. And you'll have a large EU crowd anyway.

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - shotgunbadger - 08-21-2013

Christ how many splits do we need? At least I can kinda understand the timezone issue for EU people, but still, Balmung has so many people with so many schedules I can't imagine there are much 'dead times'.

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Jove - 08-21-2013

The whole time zone difference really isn't that much of a big deal in my experience. I've been in a lot of groups made up of both EU and NA players and although there were some players who completely missed each other, it's not like we all work 9 - 5 jobs and can only play in the afternoons, so for the majority of us, our play times were usually overlapped.

I'm an EU player but I chose Balmung, since there's no difference in between EU and NA servers and from the beta I didn't really see any times of inactivity. Also if you go with Balmung or Gilgamesh, where the majority of us live, there's a chance you might miss out on some players or activities because of timezones, but if you go to a completely different server, then you'll definitely miss out on players and activities.

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Rinh Hallani - 08-21-2013

Just gonna leave this here...

RE: The RP server for EU folks - is Balmung a good choice? - Sini'to Shadar - 08-21-2013

1. The people going to moogle maybe dont even know about RPC here and Balmung/Gilgamesh etc. Keep that in mind before screaming "anotehr split?!"

2. Timezones. Yeah, they are not that big of a problem, but it will be when all the serverwide Events will be held 19/20.00 EST, as that is 1/2.00 am CET. And if some people from the US westcoast make it 19.00 PST that is 4.00 CET...