Hydaelyn Role-Players
Age guide - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Age guide (/showthread.php?tid=4475)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Age guide - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-14-2013

(09-14-2013, 05:20 PM)Jove Wrote: Heh, I was actually wondering earlier if anyone else used their own birthday for their main.

But yes, with the information above, my birthday is 10th November, so in game I put the 10th Sun of the 6th Astral Moon for my nameday (Sun = Day, Moon = Month and nameday = birthday, pretty simple).

My birthday is also the 10th of November! Big Grin

I like how people pick their characters' birthdays. I also enjoy the fact they -have- a birthday, though I'm not really sure how it helps. Is it a stat thing?

RE: Age guide - Jove - 09-15-2013

(09-14-2013, 08:35 PM)Siobhain Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 05:20 PM)Jove Wrote: Heh, I was actually wondering earlier if anyone else used their own birthday for their main.

But yes, with the information above, my birthday is 10th November, so in game I put the 10th Sun of the 6th Astral Moon for my nameday (Sun = Day, Moon = Month and nameday = birthday, pretty simple).

I like how people pick their characters' birthdays. I also enjoy the fact they -have- a birthday, though I'm not really sure how it helps. Is it a stat thing?

Hey we're birthday buds! Moogle

Did you also use your birthday?

I think the birthday thing is fluff, but I was pleasantly surprised by it. I believe it's just God choice which slightly alters your elemental resistance, but like race stats, it doesn't matter much.

RE: Age guide - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 09-15-2013

(09-15-2013, 07:33 PM)Jove Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 08:35 PM)Siobhain Wrote:

Hey we're birthday buds! Moogle

Did you also use your birthday?

I think the birthday thing is fluff, but I was pleasantly surprised by it. I believe it's just God choice which slightly alters your elemental resistance, but like race stats, it doesn't matter much.

That's what I thought, maybe it was resistances. And for Sio, I actually chose the 13th sun of the 5th Astral moon. 13 is one of my favorite numbers and the 5th Astral moon is for Azeyma. ^o^

RE: Age guide - Jomoru - 09-16-2013

(09-13-2013, 01:26 PM)Lost River Wrote: Galka would reincarnate as their means of reproduction, so they're technically immortal.

I'd say Roegadyn are nearly comparable to Hyur, Elezen could go the route of elves in other setting and live generally 100 - 1000+ years, Lalafell to me make me think they last a long to,

I just see Elezen having the longest life-span of them all.

There's a Lala in the BM quests who spent 100+ years in prison and is running around like its not unexpected so I'd say that says something about their age.

(09-14-2013, 04:56 PM)Roda Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 04:51 PM)BlessedSilence Wrote: What would make it that Miqo'te have shorter lifespans?  Just curious as I'm not sure if there is any definate charts around.
Have you ever seen an elderly Miqo'te?
(Although, in all seriousness, I'm kind of wondering this too.)

Wouldn't that be an argument for their longevity then?

RE: Age guide - Roda - 09-16-2013

(09-16-2013, 04:37 AM)Jomoru Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 04:56 PM)Roda Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 04:51 PM)BlessedSilence Wrote: What would make it that Miqo'te have shorter lifespans?  Just curious as I'm not sure if there is any definate charts around.
Have you ever seen an elderly Miqo'te?
(Although, in all seriousness, I'm kind of wondering this too.)

Wouldn't that be an argument for their longevity then?
Or they get themselves offed before anyone could determine their lifespan. :P