Hydaelyn Role-Players
What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? (/showthread.php?tid=6251)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Knight Kat - 01-29-2014

Show Content

Big GrinHeartThumbsupChocobo

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Kiterina - 01-29-2014

I personally love Garuda's theme! ...even if I spent my first whole session on her wiping and STILL not getting her. It was quite an experience though, especially when the fight starts and you just feel so badass with the music on. "WE CAN DO IT. WE CAN DO IT." then we wipe... and it starts again. xD

The one I'm in love with is Twilight over Thanalan, which I think only plays at the opening scene of a new character. It was in FFXIV v1 but they changed it, if I'm not wrong. 

[youtube]g00knvH5Oks[/youtube]

It's so... enchanting.

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - U'roh Tia - 01-29-2014

[youtube]khLrm2P-e2A[/youtube]The Coerthas Central Highlands theme is my favorite. Ever since I heard the chanting and the intensity of the theme it has been one of my favorite final fantasy tracks. ALso as for obligtory primal theme, I LOVE Titans.

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Raelas - 01-29-2014

I don't post here often but I lurk a fair amount...that said my favourite piece of music in ARR is the music from the burning wall in the day time. I've not idea what its called though Sad

Other than that? Twilight over Thanalan!

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - LiadansWhisper - 01-29-2014

(01-28-2014, 09:36 PM)Tiergan Wrote: Aside from the Garuda and Titan fights which are TOTALLY awesome - I also love the song for a certain major boss fight that you fight at the end of the Praetorium [DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN THAT FAR. IT'S A SPOILER!]:

Show Content

This is my absolute favorite song in the game.  xD

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Xydane - 01-29-2014

Because quite a few have already posted it, I won't bother with a video.

It's going to be Twilight over Thanalan for me. God, I love this song.

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Maqali Qulaan - 01-29-2014

This is a hard one, because most of the music in this game is so fantastic!

But, I'll go with my gut and go with Louisoix's theme.

[youtube]TeTbe1g0bIA[/youtube]

I will never be able to get this song out of my head, and I'm okay with that.

I also adore all three Primals when I'm looking for something a bit more, er, upbeat. I've got those on a playlist for when I run tabletop. My players have quickly learned that when Titan or Garuda's themes pop up, bad things are a-coming Big Grin

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - TheLastCandle - 01-29-2014

Ah, Coerthas. Definitely my favorite regional music. It's just haunting, and sort of reminds me of the World of Ruin's music for Narshe in Final Fantasy VI.

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Steel Wolf - 01-29-2014

Quote:I also adore all three Primals when I'm looking for something a bit more, er, upbeat. I've got those on a playlist for when I run tabletop. My players have quickly learned that when Titan or Garuda's themes pop up, bad things are a-coming

...I wonder, just what sorta things would prompt one to play the last fight at the Praetorium theme....

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Raelas - 01-29-2014

And I found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gQJtvnUNI4

(01-29-2014, 02:44 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
Quote:I also adore all three Primals when I'm looking for something a bit more, er, upbeat. I've got those on a playlist for when I run tabletop. My players have quickly learned that when Titan or Garuda's themes pop up, bad things are a-coming  

...I wonder, just what sorta things would prompt one to play the last fight at the Praetorium theme....
I should answer this question for my players, if they live long enough to fight something worthy. Considering the number that hill giant did on them last night...

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Steel Wolf - 01-29-2014

Quote:I should answer this question for my players, if they live long enough to fight something worthy. Considering the number that hill giant did on them last night...
....I wish I could P&P with you.  o.o

Another song that came to mind (and no YouTube link since I'm at work right now)--the theme that plays when Cid is talking at length.  Which, now I think on it, I'm not sure of the title.... Presumably, the song is named "Cid's Theme".

(01-29-2014, 03:30 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
Quote:I should answer this question for my players, if they live long enough to fight something worthy. Considering the number that hill giant did on them last night...
....I wish I could P&P with you.  o.o

Another song that came to mind (and no YouTube link since I'm at work right now)--the theme that plays when Cid is talking at length.  Which, now I think on it, I'm not sure of the title.... Presumably, the song is named "Cid's Theme".
It wasn't entirely their fault. They were making a break for the trees while it pelted them with rocks- to try to fight it on more advantageous ground- and the party leader was almost down, so his bodyguard decides to charge back and distract it while the rest get to safety. Well, the party leader was SLEEPING with the bodyguard so he wasn't about to let her go get killed... so the party basically all came back, which meant the giant had about 4 rounds to attack them unhindered, then got to beat on the melee characters seperately, since the bodyguard had fast movement and light armor, so got there in half the time of the leader (who was in medium armor). The party mage had to stabilize them both and get them away from the giant while it ate their horses Tongue

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - synaesthetic - 01-30-2014

I actually mute my music when raiding because it can make me too tense. I'll put on something instrumental, upbeat and happy or ambient and soothing, like CombatPlayer, Bohren & der Club of Gore or Tipper.

RE: What's your favorite song in FFXIV:ARR? - Cato - 02-03-2014

Honestly? I don't think there's a track in the game that I dislike. I definitely have a strong preference for the Garlean based stuff, though. Most notably the music that plays as their core theme, the one that plays in Castrum Meridianum and finally the track that plays within the Praetorium.